End of Season 2 (comments from Riot Yeg)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Player EUW

07-09-2012

Souce: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2550710&page=3

Riot Yeg, Senior Game Designer has made a comment about how elo will "reset" at the end of season 2.

His comment below:
There will not be a full reset at the end of Season 2. I know it seems like a clean slate would help you out, but all it would mean is a couple weeks of games where players of all skill levels are thrown together into completely random stomps. Relevant image attached!

We will be doing something though. Either a soft Elo reset or a soft kFactor reset, or perhaps a combination of both.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4&d=1347006978

What is an soft elo reset? In season 1 they had brackets and cutoff points, and everyone within those brackets where moved to a certain spot. The brackets were ~400 points in size roughly. The farther you were away from 1200 though, the more you moved up/down (depending on where you were). Maybe it will be the same for season 2.

It is confirmed by Yeg that there is already a set date for when season 2 ends and also when the elo "resets". However he is unable to leak this information out.

Finally.
Yegs comment: We'll be posting an announcement that unveils the season end date as well a bunch of other juicy tidbits in the next couple weeks. Sit tight!

EDIT: Changed happy face to sad face to better reflect the fact that I wish I could post all the infos right now. But seriously, wait for the announcement, there's some cool stuff in store for everyone who plays ranked.

As confirmed, there will be rewards for the end of the season to those who played ranked. So guys and gurls, no need to post "what is the season 2 end rewards" , " when does elo reset", "when does season 2 end". These will all be announced shortly.

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

07-09-2012

season1's soft reset was halfway between your elo and 1200. so if you were 1800 -softreset-> 1500

Worst Player EUW

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwir View Post
season1's soft reset was halfway between your elo and 1200. so if you were 1800 -softreset-> 1500
Cheers

Comicman

07-09-2012

as long as the first 20 games have different elo gain then the rest, u cant ever end up at ur true elo remove that and it should be better

Daniel Shaw

07-09-2012

Like season 1, then.

Worst Player EUW

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuxDAMONSTHA View Post
Like season 1, then.
At the moment it looks like it is the same as season 1.
But maybe the rewards will be distributed differently?

Such as a skin for each badge, even if you are silver, bronze and unranked. Since these are players who put time and effort in an attempt to boost up their elo and play competitively - shouldn't there be a rewarding factor for them too?

- so if you are gold elo, you receive the skin of unranked, bronze, silver and gold. But I would assume that would be alot more hard work as you have to design 5 skins rather than 2.

This is just my suggestion anyway.

TheXtractor

07-09-2012

same as season 1, prolly different skins as rewards but we'll see what we get.