WE NEED CHAMPIONS ON IP SALE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trabez

04-09-2012

Guys, ive been thinking of something for a while. League of legends offers every 3 day (or something) " 3 champions on sale". This is a very nice feature, but the negative thing about it, is that champions is on RP sale. Not everybody has RP, but IP.
What i want is these champions also is on IP sale.
In the early days of LoL we had IP sale, and we want it back!

If you want IP sale on champions comment on this thread!

Laretius

04-09-2012

You played since that and you dont have all the champions ? : o

NanoNaps

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laretius View Post
If you don't play everyday ( so rather casual) you won't get 6300 IP every 2-3 weeks a new champ comes out

Chrysochlorida

04-09-2012

would be nice, but I doubt, it's gonna happen.

Wazzle

04-09-2012

I wouldnt mind this, yet I think this might hurt Riot's sales a bit too much as far as champion selling is concerned.

If IP sales were to happen or comeback if they were around back then, I think people who generally look at RP sales on champions will be put off it completely if IP sales are around too.

Not to mention a champion sale having its 6300 IP cost halved, even for a limited time, is a huge amount of IP you wont need to farm, which I think would make people just ignore RP sales for champions completely.

trabez

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laretius View Post
Haha! i played on nordic 2 years ago(got lvl 12). And started again in January
Also you should have seen im a Junior member dude....

AxelwarriorV

04-09-2012

I personally don't buy RP, but I think it's only natural that there are only RP sales and not IP.

I mean, the whole point of having a sale is for marketing purposes. This IS a business, after all.

Li7hium

04-09-2012

For those saying it would affect RP sales... RP is mostly used for skins so I can't see it having that much of an impact overall. Sure, it would probably drop the IP boosts' sales but it would,in turn, increase the skin sales.

trabez

04-09-2012

Yep Li7hium, i agree. When more champions is bought, there will be more skins bought. But you say IP boost sales will fall. I disagree with that. Because if there comes a champion on IP sale that you really want to get, you buy an IP boost and afford it.

Li7hium

04-09-2012

What I mean is, the way things are right now, people may buy IP boosts to try and get a champion they want because it is still better than wasting RP buying it. That may change if riot starts doing not only RP but also IP sales on champions.

However, IP boosts, like trabez said, may not suffer any reduction, whatsoever, in sales since not every champ will be on the sale "rotation".

But one thing is for sure, if people don't spend RP buying champs they will buy the skins. Why? Because if someone is already spending money on the game, and they don't have to buy the champs, they will have more money to spend on other things, especially skins.

Those who don't buy RP will remain not buying it, even if there are campions' IP sales.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, it may even increase the IP boosts' sales. Players may want to try getting the champion while on sale but, if they don't have enough IP for it, they may bge tempted to go buy an IP boost for the extra help. It may even work out to try and get new people to spend real money on this game, for the reason I just stated