graves / blitz vs vayne / taric

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cro Pivo

04-09-2012

Apparently I missed a patch or something because Vayne + Taric are supposedly an easy win vs graves + blitz.
Now I am not the best support, but is it really my fault that we lost? I didnt play aggressive because, well its a Vayne vs a Graves early. Anything else I wasnt maybe paying attention to ? Or is it just a case of "blame the support" ?

WookieeMario

04-09-2012

You might have fought better players then you and your mate are. It might be as simple as that

RoniBoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

04-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

From my experience (as a support for life ) I cant tell you that playing aggressive vs support Blitzcrank is not a best idea. Graves has an incredible burst and Blitz is one of the most damaging supports while Vayne + Taric have good hard cc but not the best early damage comparing to graves+blitz lane.
I prefer to play passive against Blitz, ask your ad to freeze the lane and farm. Wait for a good moment to gank or ask jungler for some help with gank.

Fízz n Chips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

you have a heal while they dont.
try to farm as much as possible, and if you can get away with it, harass graves.

Cro Pivo

04-09-2012

Problem was that the Vayne wanted to "zone" them... which I did not understand how to do vs their comp, at least not with ours... So she got hooked a few times and died rather early and blaming me for not helping her to zone... That confused me :/

Edit: Anyways thanks for the replies

Ediwir

Wrenchman

04-09-2012

zoning a blitz only ends up in you pulled under tower. not a viable strategy.

Nalren

04-09-2012

Graves/ Blitz is a nightmare for Vayne. Vayne has a tendency to move in on her enemies and then not being able to get away - your passive makes you move faster toward them then away, and you'll usually want to tumble in and attack, leaving you with no movement skill to get away. Both Graves and Blitz aren't enemies you want to be too close to though, and neither makes a good target for bursting with tumble - autoattack - condemn, either.

sAlatji

04-09-2012

Sona vs. Blitz and they go down, down, down

ZekkPacus

04-09-2012

No, it's not an easy win for you. It's an easy win for them. Vayne has the worst laning phase of all carries now, she can almost never stand and fight her opponent. Added to her short range and she's just asking to get blitz hooked. Blitz + Graves is a perfect example of a 100-0 kill lane. Pretty much all you can do as Taric is stun the Blitz whenever he goes for a hook and try and keep Vayne healthy.

Pifflebush

04-09-2012

If you want to beat a carry & blitzcrank lane I'd highly recommend running Alistar as your support