Computer Specs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rexx Thunderlord

Senior Member

31-08-2012

Hi, I'm going to purchase a new computer, I don't have a ton of money but I've found one I can afford, do you think this will do for Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, WoW and League of legends(possibly streaming LoL)?



Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Sort
Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU
Intel® Core i5-3450 Processor
MSI B75MA-P45, Socket-1155
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" OEM
Western Digital® Desktop Blue 500GB
Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juke Swagger

Senior Member

31-08-2012

Can't say much about case, that's personal preference.
500W might be pushing it a bit, 550w gives a little more headroom. It's also somewhat of a lesser known company. You're better off with xfx pro 550W
I would go for the i5 3570k, if it fits in your budget.
Do note, your mobo is a micro-atx, which may or may not give issues with your graphics card size.
Again, if it fits in your budget, for 50,- more you can have a radeon 7850 2gb.
And imo, you can go with a lesser ssd drive if you want keep costs lower.
64gb is enough for windows, drivers and a game or maybe 2 on the ssd.

In any case, with your current setup, Diablo3 and bf 3 might need to be played on medium settings, for acceptable fps.
WoW and LoL shouldn't be a problem to play on highest settings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rexx Thunderlord

Senior Member

31-08-2012

the computer i noted is affordable for me, and im left with 200$ left, if i go with 3750k instead of the 3450, will it be a huge upgrade over the 3450? I can afford that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juke Swagger

Senior Member

31-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duuuhelloooo View Post
the computer i noted is affordable for me, and im left with 200$ left, if i go with 3750k instead of the 3450, will it be a huge upgrade over the 3450? I can afford that.
Well, it's not that much of an upgrade and barely noticable in games. for the same price of upgrading the cpu, you could get a better graphics card.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JettG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

31-08-2012

The computer you specified will run all those games you listed, & it'll run them reasonably well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rexx Thunderlord

Senior Member

31-08-2012

So how much ram & graphics would I need to run Diablo 3 on highest along with 60 fps? I don't need any higher than 60, on this piss laptop I sit at around 40 fps on LoL at lowest, also, Skyrim would be able to run on 60 fps with the computer, yes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juke Swagger

Senior Member

31-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duuuhelloooo View Post
So how much ram & graphics would I need to run Diablo 3 on highest along with 60 fps? I don't need any higher than 60, on this piss laptop I sit at around 40 fps on LoL at lowest, also, Skyrim would be able to run on 60 fps with the computer, yes?
Depends on resolution. If it's not anything insanely high, it should run fine at 60fps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rexx Thunderlord

Senior Member

31-08-2012

I do also have another option, do you think its alot better? It's not much of a price increase.



Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU
AMD FX-4100 4-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, Socket-AM3+
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" OEM
Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juke Swagger

Senior Member

31-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duuuhelloooo View Post
I do also have another option, do you think its alot better? It's not much of a price increase.



Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU
AMD FX-4100 4-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, Socket-AM3+
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9
Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" OEM
Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S
Nope, stick with the first build.
But really, try to get another PSU :|