How to become a pro?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qiuli1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-08-2012

So there, I was curious, as to how you can become a pro player? (Apart from getting 2k+ ELO)

Felanis

31-08-2012

Get along with people and have a lot of luck.

Shock Blaze

31-08-2012

Simply , you do not become ''pro'', you just start to use your mind and react quick that's all. ect. Don't get scared when a team fight starts or something that will start your adrenalin, Just be calm and think about what are the possibility's that you can do. Being calm and thinking will make you do something right for your team and for your self. Plus with a bunch of luck and quick reacting to whats happening will make you ''pro'' .

Grizzfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-08-2012

get paid for playing lol and you're officially a proffesional (that's the actual meaning of a pro)

Qiuli1

31-08-2012

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. It's not that I'm really thinking of being a professional, but I was curious as to how actually pros became pros. What did they do to get paid, etc..? Just team up and win onlines and LANs?

ProxyDamage

31-08-2012

Either start your own team and work towards earning your own sponsorships and such, or get good enough to get noticed by a professional team that wants to pick you up.

Taglia

31-08-2012

Hi.
The difference between a good player and a bad player is consequence of many little particular aspects in game, like "last-hit" or "ward".
You can find everywhere a build of your main champion, so this is not a difference.
The pro player knows all of those aspects.
He knows all the skills of champion roster and for that he is able to predict enemies moves or which enemy attack first or which not attack.
Finally, the pro is able to use many champions in many roles at 100% power.
A Warwick played bad and a Warwick well-played (ex: combo Q-R-Ignite-Q-W).
Essentially, The Pro is a player who know how to do, when and why.
Ps: sorry for my bad english XD

Aptest

02-09-2012

To become a pro you need to get paid to play.

There are several basic ways of getting paid:
1. winning cash prizes in tournaments (requires being better than the top teams in said tournaments consistently)
2. getting paid by a third party to appear in tournaments (I.E. getting sponsored)
3. streaming and getting money from streaming bodies based on ad revenue
4. selling memorabilia or your skills directly to your fan base (paid lessons, Elo boosting, et cetera).

Becoming a pro consists of
a. finding your revenue venue
b. working your way towards making that venue work
c. succeeding in (b).

LK Sway

03-09-2012

to become a pro you really need to like this game. getting paid for a game you don't like will not last long.