'Login failed for an unknown reason'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sal tea nuts

29-08-2012

Pretty simple, the game just refuses to let me log in, first try it states the 'server is busy', second try it says 'login failed for an unknown reason', after which the client freezes.
Yesterday everything worked just fine, and looking through the forums I can't find any recent posts regarding this problem.
Can anyone help me out, or is there no way but to download and reinstall the client (Which would suck, since that takes me ages)?
Piece

sal tea nuts

29-08-2012

Allright, I found a solution for this problem browsing through some really old threads, I had to change some security options in IE (which I never use, what the hell).
Yet still I am puzzled as to how this happened in the first place. Is the client still that unstable? I mean come on, I did not touch IE in ages and all of a sudden the game refuses to work because some weird security setting in 'this one useless browser I have not laid hands on in years and that should have no impact on wether or not the game is running' needed to be unchecked? What is this?!

Shadow absorber

29-08-2012

The wisdom that you seek, can't be found here. You must brave in to the fields of player support if you wish to find an answer to your question.

Eufuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-08-2012

LoL uses IE to "connect" to the patcher and such things as far as I am aware. It has a lot to do with the connectivity of LoL, as stupid as it may sound.

Altesidora

06-09-2012

Server busy error
Make sure your windows clock is synced:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...-windows-clock
Make sure your Internet Explorer Options are properly configured (Updating to IE9 and running the Microsoft fixit file are the most common fixes from that guide):
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...roubleshooting
Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication" If you have a more updated version of Internet Explorer you may have to uncheck these settings instead: "Check for server certificate revocation" "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" "Warn about certificate address mismatch"

3rd one worked for me.

JoniSchoutteet

24-09-2012

'Login failed for an unknown reason' what is wrong whit league of legends, i did evrything possible, and stil couldnt play, please help me to fix this without reinstalling it again ;s, after 1 day its just broken again

Thanks.

I are half blak

27-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal tea nuts View Post
Pretty simple, the game just refuses to let me log in, first try it states the 'server is busy', second try it says 'login failed for an unknown reason', after which the client freezes.
Yesterday everything worked just fine, and looking through the forums I can't find any recent posts regarding this problem.
Can anyone help me out, or is there no way but to download and reinstall the client (Which would suck, since that takes me ages)?
Piece
Happened the same to me.

I are half blak

27-10-2012

Can i give teamviewer to someone and you try to solve it? pleaaaaaaase.

KaoriWind

03-02-2013

same thing happened to me not been on lol in ages then server busy and then unknown reason wtf is with lol all of a sudden this happens to me just when season 3 starts --"

SE Miss Talie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal tea nuts View Post
Piece

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1032124