Elophant.com - Find out what your teammates play best, before the game begins.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyperplazia

28-08-2012

Hey EUW Summoners! Today is the public launch of Elophant.com for EUW. We released it to NA yesterday. It's been in development for around four months and had hundreds of beta testers in order to make it one of the best League of Legends web apps today.

The fogginess of champ select.

Let's be honest. When you queue up for ranked solo queue, you're matched with four complete strangers. Four seemingly random individuals that you will spend the next 20+ minutes chatting, fighting, and ultimately winning or losing with.

If you're proactive or paranoid, you might spend the idle time in champ select looking up one or two people on your team, mainly for their Elo. But when it comes time to pick, any one of your four teammates could chose ANY champ that isn't banned, a truly scary thought.

A summoner who's never played a day of Fizz could be eagerly waiting to try him out, in ranked. Or worse, maybe he/she has 0 wins and 7 losses with Fizz. The terror.

Normally, you would not know any of this. Sure, you might want mid, so you're a little upset, but for all you know, this guy/gal could be the next Tabzz. As last pick, you settle for the remaining role, playing a champion that you might as well have 0 wins and 7 losses with.

Elophant clears this murkiness and more!

As a super smart summoner enlightened with the knowledge of Elophant.com, you now enter ranked solo queue with confidence. Never again must you doubt your teammates' champion selections. Never again must you look back on a game and facepalm after realizing that your mid was actually a super elite AD Carry.

After all, knowledge is power, and with Elophant your entire team becomes empowered with optimal pick choices.

Recommended Usage: Filling out the form

If you are fortunate enough to own two monitors, just position Elophant.com on the one that doesn't have the Leagues client on it. However, if you own a single monitor, it's easiest to click the "Popout Builder" button at the bottom and position the two windows accordingly.

As soon as you get into a game, begin to type or copy & paste one name at a time into the summoner names box. Do not wait for the ban session to complete. The faster that you can get the URL and paste it into team chat, the more likely people will listen.

Recommended Usage: Sharing the URL

Tons of testing has been done to make sure that Elophant is as transparent as possible. No features are hidden or overtly distracting. However, sharing the unique URL with your team may be confusing. Elophant recommends that you say something similar to this in champ select:

----> Here's what our team plays best per role: -URL-

Followed by:

----> Look or don't, idc

The first piece is obvious, but the second, not so much. From experience, it's best not to force a URL on other players, else they become hostile. So the second piece lets them know that they don't have to look at it.

TL;DR - So the next time you queue up for ranked solo queue, remember to use Elophant.com during the ban phase in champion select. Empower your team with the knowledge of optimal picks and stats.

TylerTheCreator

28-08-2012

0/10

Quinn Mid

28-08-2012

This is so awesome Just posted link in lobby, and everyone picked what the site said.

I will edit this post and tell you how the game went

KoalaWithaHatLFT

28-08-2012

The "Build" Button isn't working for me

Hyperplazia

28-08-2012

@Koala with a Hat (and others) - Elophant is a team oriented tool, designed to make champ select run smoother. This means that, at the moment, you must add all five summoner names that are on your current team. We apologize for the confusion and hope that you give it another shot.

KoalaWithaHatLFT

28-08-2012

Ty for the information. Maybe you should add it on your site.

Just tested it (entered my premade teams names)

And tbh. it's kinda silly.

The site decides who'd be the best in a certain role by 1 pick. In addition you can't know where the person uses to play champs (i.e. Mordekaiser is listed as top and mid, which really doesn't make any sense at all).

einBeschwörer

28-08-2012

This doesn't take into account 3on3 ranked matches played -> or should I say it DOES take them into account, while it shouldn't ^^
For me it says I should go Tryndamere, whereas I have never played Trynd on Summoners Rift, but only on Twisted Treeline.
But a funny thing for 5on5 only players.

/e: Seems like not everything is recorded, coz my Support Ali in ranked doesn't even show, even though I almost carried the game with him

Hyperplazia

28-08-2012

@einBeschwŲrer - That's what we call a Riot problem. When Elophant requests a summoner's ranked stats, we get just that: tons of stats all blended together. We hope (and somewhat predict) that Riot will differentiate between game modes for season 3. Thanks for giving Elophant a try though. We'd be honored if you shared it with a few of your friends.

PB Jonny Joint

28-08-2012

and if a summoner have this in his name ? дщ

Themire

28-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala with a Hat View Post
The "Build" Button isn't working for me
You need to put in 5 names in the team and 6 bans.