Why is poppy so underplayed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobSayBott

25-08-2012

How exactly can Poppy beat riven, shen, garen or Malph?? o0

PANZER VOR

25-08-2012

Quote:
Wrong this is plain wrong, poppy outscales everyone in deep lategame. No champ has better lategame potential.
Nope, some are better at assassinating targets as they got more reliable burst and have more than a 6 second godmode (outside of this Poppy doesn't do much).
Other champs can do this burst as well (actually a lot, a DFG Gragas instakills tanks aswell, just one example), she doesn't excel at it (she's still great at doing it but others are aswell).

And just mentioning - Tryndamere is terrible, he won't become fotm without buffs =P

lsterio

25-08-2012

Quote:
How exactly can Poppy beat riven, shen, garen or Malph?? o0
Well that shows me you have never played her. Riven is one of the easiest targets. Early game itīs a farm fest you canīt kill her but she canīt also. You have equal escape tools thatīs why both are hard to gank "if played correctly" Well your W gives you +50 AD and+50 armor thatīs more than a chain mail where other champs spent 700 gold for also rush Ninja tabi after your Philo combined with Sheen you can start to trade with her and even dive her if she becomes to reckless just R/W/E/Q try to hit her to the wall. Do it only if you see an opening (jungler should help here) if you do not manage to stun her get out except shes extrelmy low.

Itīs the same with Garen max w first for high amounts of Armor heīs also predictable so everytime he trys to q on you press w and run away if hes stupid he will burn flash to chase you still his ult is weak because of your passive it will deal only half dmg. The only thing thatīs troublesome is his passive.
For she Max Q first and build some MR I mean it deals % dmg and Shen scales with health also you can interrupt his ult every time with E.
For malph itīs like shen just destroy the shield with normal attacks before using your q abuse every mistake he does for example if he sits near a wall also you can bait him into your warded brush to run out and stun him right after.

Quote:
Nope, some are better at assassinating targets as they got more reliable burst and have more than a 6 second godmode (outside of this Poppy doesn't do much).
Other champs can do this burst as well (actually a lot, a DFG Gragas instakills tanks aswell, just one example), she doesn't excel at it (she's still great at doing it but others are aswell).

And just mentioning - Tryndamere is terrible, he won't become fotm without buffs =P
Do you even read my post? or do you read just 1 sentence and then skip it? Yes Gragas is an effective assasin because of itīs range but what happens if the target flashes out or uses an escape skill form his initial burst? He survives. Well Gragas is an Ap carry and hes another kind of threat he can oneshot a whole team if played good.

Donīt compare them they do different things 6 seconds godmode are more then enough popp ghost and ult on the target with the lowest amount of CC you donīt even have to focus your target down. You should never chase for example an Ezrael with redbuff flash and his E ready while theres nowhere a wall. But ulting on that Ezrael and 2 hitting the enemie ap who has less escape tools but cannot stun you is quite often way more effecitve. If Ezrael decides then to fight you, because hes the only one who can oppose you while you have you godmode active heīs dead meat or has 2 waste all his escapes. and can be easily tracked down by your carry. A good played poppy will probably die in a teamfight but she will take at least 2 enemies with her.

She is hard to play people havenīt realized her potential.
Sheīs better at chasing then other assasins!
Shes the tankiest assasin!
No champ is stronger with a full build!
Her biggest weakness is it takes her to long to get to that point when she becomes an unstopable monster where usually the game already is over or should have been over that makes her bad at carrying solo qeueu. She doesnīt suit competetative because she can only be used as a counter and most popular top picks counter her.

GimpyF

25-08-2012

Well, I personally love Poppy and I think she's the closest it gets to a truly 'overpowered' champion. Champs like Darius and Diana are very strong, true, but there are tactics and items you can get to reduce their effectiveness. Poppy farms up till trinity and then does whatever the hell she wants to and there's NOTHING your team can do about it short of holing up at base. Her ult gives both massive extra multiplicity (extremely valuable in late game) and partial invulnerability, which is the main source of her power. But her passive and q are equally op.

And honestly, her early game isn't that bad. Short of a few counters most champs won't kill her in lane. She can rune/mastery up with only early game in mind. She can farm under her tower rather effectively and cannot be towerdived.

I have no idea why she isn't more popular, but it's probably to do with her lane phase. If I have to theorize, it is because she lacks the qualities that most top laners look for in a champion. Popular traits are: an ability to bully and harass opponents relentlessly, getting to duel anyone 1v1 and win, bottomless sustain for convenient laning, or the ability to snowball in lane phase and mercilessly dominate a game. Poppy has none of those. Top laners are very self-oriented, and Poppy doesn't have too much appeal in that area. I would suppose that's why she doesn't get picked more.

bpgkits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

25-08-2012

Maybe she looks ugly.

hhaavviikk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-08-2012

i think another problem is her high mana costs

NoobSayBott

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oario View Post
Riven is probably my weakest char but when it comes to Garen, Malph and Shen...to let myself being killed by poppy....lol :P
1. Garen has 1000000 better sustain than her and even if he loses the trade he will be able to recover.
2. Shen vs Poppy - shen still has beter sustain and can harras poppy all day long.
3. Malph - Poppy wil beat him wih 2 skills? cause her autoattacks will hit him 0 dmg.

btw - i play poppy a lot (not THAT good but still I like her - however I would never pick her against those 3 champs (probably against Garen I will cause he won't be able to reach me but anyway... hard to beat)

Chrysochlorida

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgkits View Post
Maybe she looks ugly.
dis

Gengar0o

25-08-2012

If you said no one boater to master her please kill yourself because you never heard of spamhappy he only play poppy or support.

MamaOswald

25-08-2012

because she doesn't have big boobs