Sivir Re-work

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProxyDamage

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkblue View Post
Yeah, the utility of his ulti is fine, but the damage is lame, maybe they should lower its cooldown like all others utility based ulti (LEONA *cough cough)
His cooldowns in general are too high. Varus has no escape mechanic of any kind (Sivir can at least pop her ulti and spellshield). This is already bad enough in the current "safety first" meta. But then, in order to get any noteworthy damage (instead of just playing Ashe for better utility) he needs to pop his W with a skill on his target every 3 auto-attacks...But his cooldowns take forever to do that... This includes his ulti which is less dangerous than Ashe's, has less range, is harder to hit, and STILL has higher cooldown.

DonGiga

25-08-2012

He is talking about a rework not a buff or nerf. A rework to make a champion fit to the meta and looikk better aswell as making her fun to play.

I realized she is one of the worst champions to play if the bot lane has no CC.. She runs out of mana really quick and her spell shield won't get any better when leveling and her Q is very slow and is really easy to dodge unless you get stunned/slowed or snared.

So she has no sustain in lane and needs a sustain boost support like soraka but she will deal no dmg if she has a sustain support and thats why she needs someone like taric which does have a small sustain boost and one stun.

but she still runs out of mana too quick, her Q takes 1/4 of her max mana.. So she would be better of with mana pots rather than hp pots.

Godling

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGiga View Post
He is talking about a rework not a buff or nerf. A rework to make a champion fit to the meta and looikk better aswell as making her fun to play.
Ty don, finally someone that understands my topic/post.

Clebardman

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godling View Post
Ty don, finally someone that understands my topic/post.
Read : another guy that forgot she was reworked 6 monthes ago.

she's harder to play than kiddies chars like ez or corki. She's potentially 10 times better. Sivir+Taric with Zeke ult combo ---> pure win.

rawrXtina

25-08-2012

The meta and what are considered competitive picks are always changing and Sivir was already reworked less than a year ago. I still see her quite a bit.

Godling

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clebardman View Post
Read : another guy that forgot she was reworked 6 monthes ago.

she's harder to play than kiddies chars like ez or corki. She's potentially 10 times better. Sivir+Taric with Zeke ult combo ---> pure win.
Please just go if ur all going to come here be negative and downvote. 6 months ago.. thats a half year. And what kind of rework she got.. I dont see so much reworked, she looks the same etc.
Oh and I saw almost nothing wrong with Katarina, but hey Riot decided to rework her anyway.

Oh look at Evelynn she got a rework which was nice, and now she's even getting a buff.
Not complaining, why should I.. she needed it and riot did it. Did what was right.
_______
Anyway to clarify to everyone. I'm not asking for OP BUFF or SUPER NERF. I'm clearly asking Riot (not you the community) for a normal simple re-work. Make Sivir shine again. Some new animations, maybe a new splash art, something. Also fix her abilities so they are either a bit faster or something else.

She basically runs in slow motion and even her abilities are in slow motion. Give her maybe some speed, range or updated abilities. Something. Everytime I play Sivir I never upgrade her Spell-shield.. Except when I get high level enough and it's the only ability left 2 max. Why? cause it simply does nothing else at higher levels.. It's as good as the level 1 version. Gives nothing else. So why bother updating it.

Now since some of you don't realize that she needs a re-work, here let me show you. Some of her abilities in comparison with another champions.
-------------

Nocturne's spell-shield Vs. Sivir's spell-shield.

Nocturne:
Passive: 20-40% attack speed
Active: Gets a shield for 1.5 seconds that blocks a spell. If a spell gets blocked his passive gets doubled effect.

Cooldown: 20-12 sec (Lvl 1-5)
Cost: 50 mana

Sivirs:
Active: Gets a shield for 3 seconds that blocks a spell. If a spell gets blocked she regains 150 mana.

Cooldown: 22-10 sec (Lvl 1-5)
Cost: 75 mana

So the only pro sivir has is its 3 seconds and she gets 75 mana back. Since it costs 75 mana to activate.

While nocturne gets attackspeed as a passive, + double the effect on a successive block. Yay!
-------------------------

Also her Q does 20% less damage on each hit (max 40% less damage)
While other champs like for example Ahri has a buffed version.. Gets true damage on the way back. Epic.

Oh wait.. Thats not enough.. her W does 20% less damage on each bounce. While fiddles bounce silences on each hit, Katarinas gives a mark. etc etc. Yay!

Sivirs abilities are like the Basic version then all other champions have the new ADVANCED ones.

I'm not asking to give her true damage, silence or anything. I'm just asking to at least give her better version of her abilities. Remove the 20% less damage restrictions or something. Just fix something make her better, dont let every other champ exceed her abilities like that.

"Ricochet

Quote:
Sivir's next autoattack deals 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 additional physical damage and bounces to 5 additional targets, dealing 20% less damage with each bounce. Only the first hit procs item effects."
Just read that. I'd get it if it did item effects on each hit, but only the first target gets that effect. Also does only 80 bonus damage not much, espc. considering how every hit does 20% less damage.

Every champion has something unique, except Sivir. Only thing she has so far is her ultimate.

Now when I wrote in my Original post that I want her to get a re-work. This is why. Every champ over-exceeds her. Every champ has something better then her.
Oh and her abilities do 20% less damage the more targets they hit.

+ Unlike Ezreal, Caitlyn, Ashe, Tristana etc she doesn't have any CC, Escape/gapclosing abilities.

So yeas I hope you guys understand now before you down-vote every single positive post in this thread. And Riot I really hope you do a re-work on this champion, she is awesome and deserves it.

Aptest

25-08-2012

ok
let's talk sivir.

first of all you have to understand a concept of solid VS situational champions.
Solid champions give good results all the time
Situational champions give exceptional results some of the time, but mediocre results most of the time.

Sivir is a situational champion. why is that?

Her steroid is relatively small when compared with her competition. Her damage skills have no additional "cool stuff" like the competition. Her spell shield may be a good defensive ability, but is it really better than Ezrael's jump as an "escape" skill?

These assumptions are not always true.

If you have multiple auto-attacking champs in your team, Sivir's ult is more powerful than it's original numbers. If they depend on slow projectiles for their CC (I.E. taric stun, blitz grab) and can't close the gap otherwise, her shield becomes more useful. If you have free donatable AD on your team (Taric, Janna), her Q have more oomph to it.

So is she weaker or stronger?

She is both. Like all situational champions, you should not pick her early. If the stars align for her, she can be a monster. If they don't, you'd probably get more out of Ez than out of her.

Raikaria

25-08-2012

The only thing she could use is a slight range buff, she has the shortest range of ADC's.

An alternative is a buff to her passive so she can chase better once she gets a hit, and can actually attack while chasing.

Also comparing the spellsheilds is pointless. Sivir is an AD Carry. Nocturne is a bruiser. Sivir gets a lot more for blocking that CC or Nuke than Nocturne, who can shrug it off.

ProxyDamage

25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGiga View Post
She fits the meta. Fun is subjective. Plenty of people think she's fun to play.

Klohj

26-08-2012

Her abilities are perfectly fine. All she needs is a new model to make her look more up-to-date.