Taric, best support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awilen

23-08-2012

Or you can just come from a brush, stun a squishy out of the blue and let others make him go boom... (I know, easier said than done.)

I quite like Taric. I already AFKed as Taric due to bad team (we were loosing every lane, we proposed a lane swap for a change of pace at 15min (we would have had Teemo vs. Darius !! W00T!) and the Vayne we had in our team just went back to her lane after coming in midlane)... The teamfights were horrible... And the "You are afk for too long ! Go back to fight or GTFO !" popup poped up (). I went back to play (lost game for lost game anyway) and with one stun, one down and two foes got steamrolled afterward... How can I not like Taric ?!

Goodguyqwerty

23-08-2012

I see a lot of comments saying he is balanced, IF he was, why he is played so much with such high win ratio?

Awilen

23-08-2012

^ This. He has around 53% win/loss ratio. A perfectly balanced one would of course be at exactly 50%. 3% is a lot for 15k games a day with him in it ! Moreso, he got buffed on Varus patch ! 1.25 MRes/lvl !

EDIT : downrating Taric haters around here ? Come on, I only reported what was written in OFFICIAL data. Nothing to downrate about... Need links ?

Taric win ratio : http://www.lolking.net/champions/taric#statistics
Taric not-so-recent buff : http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik....139#Champions

Hemekeke

24-08-2012

Like I said the amount of free armor he gives to carry / ppl near him is OP.

Philipz

24-08-2012

~2 months ago, after janna, alistar and soraka got hit by the nerfbat over and over again (sona was **** allready) I picked up taric, did well and told the people i played with: "Taric is the best right now" (some of you might know the line)

They laughed at me, but now I am the one laughing and as they say: he who laughs last, laughs best.

I just hope riot stops hitting on the least impactfull aswell as least popular role. If taric proves to be overall better than other supports better buff other supports than touch my favorit gemkinight.

Awilen

26-08-2012

Buffing other supports *might* have a really important impact on a game. Some synergies would be too strong, and a nerf would be necessary afterward... With so much to research still left to do on synergy, and new champ' coming out once every two weeks, there's nearly no way we can have fully balanced supports in a relatively low amount of time, without having slightly broken comps.

Yarzahn

26-08-2012

Taric is good but he has weaknesses.
Thing about taric: single target impact. He has a single target heal and a single target stun. Other than that, he is a walking aura (a good one, though, giving armor, armor penetration and damage if you count both W and R).

Still:
1) He has no mobility modifiers, nothing to help you retreat or chase.
2) He has no aoe cc like sona, alistar, leona, nautilus.

Those points matter alot IMO not so much in laning, but in team fight phase - if for some reason your team gets initiated on or is losing a team fight or you need to retreat, taric doesnt have much to turn it around - a sona, leona, ali make much more difference there.

OurDemise

26-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetrations View Post
You will feel powerless to protect your carry with only one stun.
I used to love taric, because you can easily steam roll your lane, but no one can protect carries like janna does
Sure,mention janna. Riot nerfed the **** out of her for no reason. She used to do what you said indeed.

She's still playable but nerfing her knock up when you don't charge it, passive ms nerf, ad gain depleted on loss of shield + nerfing her ult knockback was just too much.

Renonek

26-08-2012

Hes not op, hes just easy to play cuz of on click stun. But for skilled players leona, alistar and janna will be prob better.

Out Of N00bs

28-08-2012

Taric is good early and in small fights. He has kill potential but not as much as Blitz/Leona. He has sustain but not as much as Soraka/Ali. Later on champs with more cc are better than Taric.