How can I get out of elo hell??? :,(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muzair

25-08-2012

Here are a few tips that will help you get better: (In order of importance)
****Never flame your team for their mistakes, if you think that person didn't realize it then just say politely but don't just bash on them, everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure you make too that doesn't give you the right to just flame them for it, they're not blind they probably would have realized it too but its not easy to admit your mistake if the other guy starts cursing. You flame him and then he starts pointing out your mistakes and the next thing you know another guy joined your fight and the enemy team is ripping you apart. At this level the game is not gone by a single mistake so don't create the negativity by saying stuff like gg game over or surrender at 20. We all know you're still gonna try to win after that so why create the frustration by saying such stuff. I can't tell you how many games I've won just by keeping a positive environment in chat. To be honest the quality of games would increase much more in this elo range if the chat function is turned off, no one really listens to each other people just flame.

***Learn to play specific champions at a good level and by that I mean atleast practice 30 to 40 games with your main chars before you use them to carry yourself, because you can't predict or control how your allies are gonna be but what you can do is be good at your champion and role and you should get it as close to 100% as possible. A lot of times in games people make huge blunders by recalling at the wrong time or getting caught but instead of thinking about their mistakes and crying over it just man up and find the flaws in your play. Also remember to give a few kills to your team mates too because if you are the only one holding all the gold then your team is useless without you and one mistake by you can lose the game. You only have the right to question others when you were 100% at your play and even then what's the point in arguing with someone over internet. The chances are he's gonna be a stubborn idiot who doesn't even think about what you're saying and in this elo range (1.2 to 1.6k), the chances are you're probably never gonna play again with that guy so just forget the bad people and add the good ones for queuing because at the end of the day all that matters is how much elo you gained or lost.

**Fill the weak places of your team instead of forcing others to fill them. If your team is lacking cc, pick a good cc char that you can play or if no one is buying wards, just ask them decently and try to buy wards yourself, even though its mainly support's role, do you want to risk the whole game just because you denied to buy some wards? Remember you're not doing it for others, you're doing it for yourself because you wanna win, if your allies are bad they will lose the next game when no one is there to carry them.

*Try to make the best out of the champion select, because a major part of the game is decided by the picks. If you're the captain ban the common hard picks in your elo like shen, morgana, lee sin etc. You might know how to counter them but most people don't so do it for the team or ask them what do they want to be banned. Also never insta lock a champion even if you're certain you're gonna play it because it puts bad impression on the team, remember you're hoping to get people's respect here so they listen to you in-game. Try to pick for your team mates if you can and if you're the last pick then you're probably gonna end up playing support so just say the support you're good at so the first pick or second pick can pick for you because supports can't be really countered, atleast not more then mid and top. Remember that calling roles doesn't count according to the summoner's code, this is not a chick you're calling dibs on(LOL), the official summoner's code says the higher pick has the right to pick what they want before you but if you cant play a role ask it politely and hopefully someone will fill it up before you.

I know its a wall of text but soloq is not so easy to master. All the stuff I said is hard but the effort to win is what separates players with different elo. If you're getting afk's then dont get angry, TRUST me on this if you play enough ranked games, the elo system will eventually place you to your right elo regardless of all the leavers and afk's. And if you've played enough ranked games to be judged properly then believe it or not you belong to that elo, you just need to understand that elo is not how good you are at your chars but how good you are at the game and it includes manly things most of which don't depend on your individual skill but how good of a team player you are.

GOOD LUCK at the fields of justice!

Stetto

25-08-2012

The most important thing, that you've got to realize:

You're not the only one who has feeders in his team!

If you lost 6 games in a row because of feeders, you've got to remember,
that you already won or will win 6 games in a row because of feeders.

Elohell is just a myth caused by most players overestimating their skillfulness.

If you consistently win your lane and rarely feed, then be rightfully proud of it!
But in the meantime, you've got to realize, that you're having weaknesses elsewhere, otherwise you would be able to rise your ELO.

Maybe you need to work on your people skills and ability to lead your team, maybe you shouldn't insult someone who died twice during early game because it will only make him play worse, maybe you could gank struggling lanes more, maybe you could've helped your jungler stealing buffs, maybe your positioning in teamfights is flawed, etc.

The best advice for you is:
Stop flaming and blaming, keep a positive attitude and start to focus on solutions.

e.g.:
Often, when I'm playing top lane, I manage to get fed, but fail to carry my team, because I either didn't follow if my lane opponent starts to gank or just joined dragon fights too late.
Now, I sometimes take Teleport or whenever I'm ahead, I push my lane and start to counter-jungle or gank mid-lane and I've got a much easier time to carry whenever I'm at top lane.

Nahilys

26-08-2012

Hello,

I have less elo than you but I quite sure I don't really deserve my 1k2 elo only even I'm really not as good as high elo players, I know. My main role in my ranked team (1k3 elo) is support, and I mainly play it in solo Q so I can improve my skills by defending people whatever their skill and the action they make. I think support can a good pick too in solo Q.

Why ? You are here to protect your team, prevent ganks, remember timers, etc. If you AD carry fails, you are here to keep him alive even if his farms sucks. You can also try to avoir your oponent from farming since you normally have a lot of CC (Alistar, Blitz, Janna, Leona, Taric, even Soraka heal who can help creeps to avoir his last hitting if your AD is a way behind doing nothing. Alistar heal can do it too, is quite annoying). You can also help your mate farming undertower by hitting minions early when it's needed (Just have to learn when to) so you're both safe is not farming problems.
In mid game, you are the main warder & it can help so much cause you normally can't get caught thanks to it. If you keep looking your map & ping someone if one did not see the oponents walking through your ward it will be very helpfull. Also keep timers & right them on the chat. If your team speaks too much you can write it on a paper, does not take too much time !
In teamfights, the enemy team will focus the weakest target in your team (normally the carries but sometimes the " feeder " cause he would be underleveled and understuffed) so you can focus your play on protecting him. If only one of your teammates fails, just help him.
In lane phase, if a lane fails very hard & you see that you bot is quite safe, you can swap & go support the failing lane (even jungle if needed, like just one heal, one shield or so on everytime you can, it helps a lot).

That's what I began to do, while playing jungle too I must say, and I increased from 900 elo (dodged too much ranked when I did not know it made us lose elo haha) to 1k2 quite easily. & support is a role that not so much people can play at this elo, so at least you're sure not to have a supports who dies everytime. & don't tell me "IT IS ****ING BORING" cause it is not, just have to know how to play it, it's not as easy as everyone thinks.. In my opinion.

Good luck ;D

skuIIptura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-08-2012

I just had a quick look at your match history and saw that your farm is really bad. You had 67 cs in 25min game. By that time you can habe 250 if you are good.
-->
Learn to lasthit better and farm more. It will pay off as you will have more items than your enemys and therefore you will be able to beat them .
-->
Focus on 1 or 2 champs per role and only play them so you get incredibly good with them over time.
-->
Just keep playing and you will get better overtime. I was there 2 and realised my mistakes analized my replays and got higher and am even gold now which i will keep till the next season starts.
-->
If you really want to get better look at your replays every time you lose a game. Because this are the games that you learn the most from.

Kind Regards skullptura

Dziadek Lucjan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-08-2012

I started to play rankeds. Mainly on top. My highest elo was 1233, or something like that, but then elohell came. Every game my bot teammates are giving free FB, running solo vs 3,4,5 trolling, or even first time playing pvp. In just one day, i lost so many games so i am 1098 elo now. everytime it was bot fault, seriously, for example nidalee giving free kills to everybody, or ezreal without items giving kills to the enemy carry and saying he was lucky enough to kill him. Elohell exists. It is impossible to win the game, especially when enemy team has players who played ~800 rankeds, but they are still unranked, and they can win solo vs whole team. imo elo doesnt work as it should, or it is just me, but i am doing my best every match, but it is impossible when i got ganked by bot ad carry on 15 minute and he has 11/0 or even more. I try not to flame my mates, but sometimes it is impossible, especially with french players. Only hope to leave elohell is to wait till reset. I hope we will finally leave it.

Stetto

30-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dziadek Lucjan View Post
It is impossible to win the game
That statement is completely false and you're just deceiving yourself.
You'll never improve and raise in ELO, when you play with this mind set.

Whenever you loose a game, your opponents won the game.
Thus it's possible to win a game even at your ELO.

It is possible to win the game. At your ELO, it's even possible to consistently win the game.
You just need to learn how. You need to improve.

And you've got to realize two things:

1. Your opponents didn't get fed, because they were lucky.
They did get fed, because they were more skilled than their opponents.
Skill matters!
But your enemies didn't win the game, because they got fed.
Most likely they won, because they had better team work and communication.
Communication wins games!

2. After a large amount of games, you'll have won as many games because of feeders, leavers and trolls as you'll have lost.
You're stuck, because you blame others instead of trying to improve!

I suggest reading this article:
Reign of Gaming: how-to-improve-your-game-like-a-gentleman

owner of lol

30-08-2012

when in solo que, pick a solo lane so you won't rely on your "noob" teammates. practice enough so you really mastered your champions to every singe opponent. Know your own champion and the champion of your enemy.

as well, learn how to counter pick, and share this with your team in the champion select. so it's easier to win.
hope it helped

dd kelly

30-08-2012

Being friendly against your team makes a huge difference believe me, and giving tips and tricks is also good but it depends on the way u tell them. being cocky and so on will just make your team start flaming and suddenly become unfocused.

you also have to understand that they can be against better player in their lane, one thing i can that might help is just to assist other lanes as much as possible. playing in mid as a "pusher" will give u free time to gank other lanes, and if they are losing cus they get ganked and not using ward then spending 75g on a ward for them will make huge difference.

keep trying to get higher and never give up a game is not lost until its lost

//Cudder

Felanis

31-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetto View Post
The most important thing, that you've got to realize:

You're not the only one who has feeders in his team!

If you lost 6 games in a row because of feeders, you've got to remember,
that you already won or will win 6 games in a row because of feeders.

Elohell is just a myth caused by most players overestimating their skillfulness.

If you consistently win your lane and rarely feed, then be rightfully proud of it!
But in the meantime, you've got to realize, that you're having weaknesses elsewhere, otherwise you would be able to rise your ELO.

Maybe you need to work on your people skills and ability to lead your team, maybe you shouldn't insult someone who died twice during early game because it will only make him play worse, maybe you could gank struggling lanes more, maybe you could've helped your jungler stealing buffs, maybe your positioning in teamfights is flawed, etc.

The best advice for you is:
Stop flaming and blaming, keep a positive attitude and start to focus on solutions.

e.g.:
Often, when I'm playing top lane, I manage to get fed, but fail to carry my team, because I either didn't follow if my lane opponent starts to gank or just joined dragon fights too late.
Now, I sometimes take Teleport or whenever I'm ahead, I push my lane and start to counter-jungle or gank mid-lane and I've got a much easier time to carry whenever I'm at top lane.
I agree to the things you say, but Elo hell is no myth. Elo hell however is different from what people claim it to be.
Yes trolls are everywhere, feeders are everywhere so that is not Elo hell.
What Elo hell is, is the newcomers to the game, people who just reach level 30 and immediately go ranked.
They have a minor understanding of the game, don't know the importance of positioning, warding and how to last hit properly. They do their best, but they end up to be more a of a burden.
You won't get trolled everygame, but if you are in the 1100-1400 the chances of these newcomers are skyrocketing. Ofcourse that means your opponents have them too, but it's more luck with which of the newcomers performs the best.
Newcomers tend to get demotivated earlier then more experienced players, so when they do something wrong they go into a negative spiral, which will lose you the game.
When it's a newcomer in a solo lane you tend to lack influence to help them out.
As a Jungler you can't only camp one lane, giving the enemy Jungler free creeps in your Jungle, possibility to countergank/gank other lanes. As a laner you can't roam too early to help out or you will fall behind yourself.
Most outcomes of the matches in soloque get determined the first 5-10 minutes of the game.
Ofcourse not always fb = win, people can throw the game or make spectacular comebacks. But from personal experience around 75% of the game outcome is determined the first 5-10 minutes into the game.

Stetto

31-08-2012

Of course, the amount of unexperienced players is incredibly high at 1400 ELO or lower.

But most players perceive ELO hell as a certain ELO bracket, where they just can't rise anymore, where they just can't get out, although they perceive themselves as superior to the players they get matched up with.

Other definitions of ELO hell might exist, but this one has proven to be a myth.

If you're superior to other players at your ELO, you'll rise. It's as simple as that.

It might happen fast, because you're lucky during your placement matches, it might happen slowly, because you're unlucky for a while.