So Diana is sitting on a steady 56% win rate..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lulu the Fae

22-08-2012

56%!!! OH NO!

Seriously.. What is the problem? We have the Diana-Free-Goddamnit-week.
I am pretty sure her win ratio will drop.

Diana is fine how she is now. You can score kills and you can easily getting stomped. There are equally annoying spells or champs out there, but no one complains about these, because you got tired of repeatedly trash talking those champs over the months.

Because Diana is new and easy to spell, she's everyone's target in rage threads.

Earlier, I hated champs like Tryndamere, Mordekaiser, Riven, Akali, Fiora's trolololol ulti ... and bashed them whenever it was possible. But later I realized there is a way to handle them, and the game overall felt way more balanced. So instead of "I got 1vs1'd by her imimimi" and checking her win rates (of, I love to repeat that, "56% !!11"), what about finally getting over it?

Good thing Rengar is out, so he is the next one to blame. There are already 4 "OP" threads with "video evidence" on Youtube. Just a showcase how random and biased the opinions are. New -> OP. Period. Not really.

CptCosmic

22-08-2012

amumu has 55% win rate constantly, and your point is? you think diana is strong? well I have news for you Syndra is coming, with 4 damage abilites, decent CC and really high base damage & AP ratio

SinisterMrCream

22-08-2012

Daily win rates are useless. If 5 great Diana players play 10 matches each in one day and win 8 of them, that's a win rate of 80%. Looks terrifying, but statistically 50 matches is too small a sample set for that number to mean anything. Even worse, that sample set is made up of only 5 players, so the sample set is actually smaller still. Before the "more people play than that" comments, I know more people play, but sample size is a complex thing and has to account for:

- unusual occurrences (e.g. one day of only platinum ELO players using a champ)
- spikes in sample size (e.g. free week Diana is likely to be played more than other weeks)
- variables that can skew sample sets (e.g. varying skill levels, server failures, school holidays, national holidays, internet issues etc)

Show me the results of a couple months or more (after this week when she's free) now that people have settled down with her skill set and the sample set will start to be large and continuous enough for the issues listed above to be evened out.

dogie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfizo View Post
Yeah and look at this, her win rate is going up more every day
http://www.lolking.net/champions/diana#statistics

57% win rate on 2 of the last 3 days..
That's only because the number of first time players/tryers of her is going down.

dogie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-08-2012

Just for reference if anyone thinks 56% doesn't matter:

If you equally won and lost games until you were at -12 +12 elo changes, 56% win rate for 1000 games gets you to 2k elo.

Hell M00d

22-08-2012

Love how this turned out to be a huge number crunching project instead of listing real reasons for Diana's "OPness"

I'd agree on a mana cost nerf on Q, okay. It's low and probably needs to go up as she levels it.

But everything else is completely fine and she works as intended: Making squishies have a bad day.
In return she is not tanky, has no escapes, has bad AoE, no sustain and only "melee" CC

Rydia

22-08-2012

Lets talk here cause I see a lot of **** and bullcrap and people saying Diana is NOT OP

Lets start off with the basic point...
Q huge damage without mana costing and rather low cooldown ??? Spammable 3 a 4 times every teamfight if they camp the turret and is guarantee dead ??? You cannot always see her Q coming but you know it'll hit you because right when it does you are so dead.
Her shield is pretty **** strong and is double activated meaning she has a personal Shen shield without Shen... How good is that ??? Her shield beats Shen's ultimate tbh ...
Her CC is almost none excisting just like Akali however in her case she does have a lot of CC on that E pulling all people back isn't viable but on 1 V 2 or 1 V 1 it's OP...
And who was saying no escape... ??? Ultimate anyone ? She can always jump something enemy like... and she's really fast to run away... She doesn't have to come up front like most assasins do...

BTW I'd like to talk about something else
New Kat is NERFED compared to old Kat... Could gank as a pro just like Diana can... Nobody complained about Kat cause she could be shut down unlike that running away Diana with uber range attacks... Kat WAS an Assasin too... Where is her high damage right now on Shunpo ? She needs ulti now can't do 1 V 3 anymore like she used to be able to... Diana can
Oh and
Ahri would love to have a word with you... How about she being an assasin ??? People complaining about her lovely ultimate like crazy cause she flashes out... Now the damage got nerfed too... Hardly an assasin if you look at it... She stomped noobs like you too ???

Anyway that doesn't take away Diana DOES need a nerf... Preferable on her mana cost, the shield absorbtion limit AND her passive attack speed...
And for ALL of you that say she's an assasin she has to kill everything fast or die... You just said to not even play any tanky guy as even THEY die very fast to her...

Oh and nerfing the passive attack speed for early levels and making it scale per level would already lower the noob stomping rate... Thank you very much

Assurhaddon

22-08-2012

As this thread is about funny statistics.
Lowest winrate -> Tryndamere (together with two obvious reworks). The nerfs were so ****ing retarded, Riot. I don't know why you did that, Riot /facepalm

BLAZ3Y

22-08-2012

i like how everyone calls her op, yet i own her in lane, and i own people with her, its about skill not the champ l2p.

while u have champs like galio who sit there tanky as hell or gragas who can free farm for 20 minutes without going back, please shutup.

edit: downvoted by fat****s who main gragas btw

Vinhx

22-08-2012

Quote:
But win rate is the sole descriptor of overpowered except to factor in popularity and perhaps popularity versus skill level. (A champion might have a high win rate at high elo and not low elo or vice versa).
Would it be bad for the game? Yes. But don't confuse game health (is this champion healthy for the game?) with overpowered. Those are 2 different concepts, Xyph.

Unfortunately, you can't use win rate as the sole descriptor of overpowered because win rate is influenced by the environment by quite a bit.
Source: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21...-questions-for
It's hilarious how people think winrate =/= balance