"Client version 1.25.13 is rejected by server."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeteSapai

15-12-2010

Prologue: I have a US and EU account and use the exact same install for the US and EU server, whenever I want to switch to the other server, I replace the lol.properties file in the 'air' folder with the other lol.properties. This has worked for a long time (as it should, a couple of patches ago, the EU blood patch, Riot announced there were no more differences between the two - I don't understand why there are 2 installers, why not just add a 'select server pull down menu' to the login screen..?), until now...

I started the game in "EU mode" and succesfully updated patch .107 about 3 hours ago, but when I try to log in I get the error message "Client version 1.25.13 is rejected by server." The weird bugged thing is (and keep in mind I updated the client in EU mode), when I switch to the US server I can log in and play. So, Riot Europe, why don't the EU servers allow me on board?

Sazin

15-12-2010

Aye, same problem here. Since yesterday.

IS1f05ad53b93ee0

Game Engineer

15-12-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I don't think I have a red name on the EU forums, but I can say that this is because the EU servers are updated about a day after the US servers, just due to how the timezones work out with our release schedule. The rejection message you got was because your client was actually from the future as far as EU was concerned.

Edit: Oh heck yeah I do.

PeteSapai

15-12-2010

That's what I would've guessed if I started the game in US mode first, which I didn't. And I would start to doubt that -I could've accidentaly started the US mode- if it wasn't the first time that day I started LoL and didn't see the client update itself and wouldn't have gotten that error immediately after, which means either I did start LoL-US and the US server blocked me the 1st time - unlikely, or I made no mistake, the EU server updated my client and then rejected it - wait... also unlikely, still, I'm going with the 2nd one.
Anyway, I can log in again now and didn't not get to play yesterday, since the US server was kind enough to let me in. So, uhm, yeah... whoo, patch 107!

Jar of Jam

15-12-2010

On a related note, is the US lol.properties file available somewhere for download ? It would immensely save time for me and assist me in playing with my North American friends. Thanks in advance!

PeteSapai

16-12-2010

\League of Legends\air
- EU lol.properties:
host=prod.eu.lol.riotgames.com
xmpp_server_url=chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com

- US lol.properties:
host=beta.lol.riotgames.com
xmpp_server_url=chat.na.lol.riotgames.com

To make it easier: create 2 text files with those 2 lines in the air folder, a lol.properties.eu and lol.properties.us (or whatever you want to name them), and create 2 bat files with

Code:
copy "<install dir>\air\<file name us/eu>" "<install dir>\air\lol.properties" /y
start /D" <install dir>\" lol.launcher.exe
replacing the bold parts with the correct install dirs and 2 different file names for the 2 different bat files.
Then create a shortcut to these batfiles in your start menu or desktop or wherever you want. Done!

Qulbutoslut

25-01-2011

Hi guys.
Well, I'm a french player, and i'm not sure if i understood well, what is happening with those 2 clients (Us and EU)
the problem is exactly the same for me , and I wanted to know if you fixed it :s
I barrely understood that it was a matter of time (correct me if i'm wrong)
But you posted this the 14/12 and I sitll have this problem.
So if you guys got something to help me to play back on the Us server, it'll be great
I'm actually playing on the EU server with a EU client