New Seasons / Hidden Rating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inspector FaKe

17-08-2012

Hey. I'm kinda new to LoL and I will reach lvl 30 in a few weeks. I'm interested in the ELO/ranked system. Is there any kind of hidden ELO that is used to determine matches? For instance, if i win 15 games in a row, do i get very good opponents or does it still only depend on my actual ELO?

Also, I heard that October will be a new season. Does that mean I could theoretically **** up my ELO in the current season completely to train in ranked games and in October it will be all completely reset so that I can start to own?

daytor

17-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemFaKeSeinHund View Post
Hey. I'm kinda new to LoL and I will reach lvl 30 in a few weeks. I'm interested in the ELO/ranked system. Is there any kind of hidden ELO that is used to determine matches? For instance, if i win 15 games in a row, do i get very good opponents or does it still only depend on my actual ELO?

Also, I heard that October will be a new season. Does that mean I could theoretically **** up my ELO in the current season completely to train in ranked games and in October it will be all completely reset so that I can start to own?
I hate hidden elo.
Really, this matchmaking piss me off.
When you win at least 2-3 games in a row, you'll lose the next game.

Archilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2012

Don't "train" in ranked games please, you will **** up the game for your mates, too. Play a few hundred normal games and then go ranked. And normal games have also a hidden elo.

KingOfVegetation

17-08-2012

Quote:

Im sorry i cant quite understand exactly what your question is but ill try to answer from what i think your asking..

Yes, normal games have hidden elo ratings, the same as ranked elo games but not visible.

There isnt any 'additional' hidden elo other than this.. also normal games do not effect your ranked elo and vice versa.

When the new season comes, ranked elo is reset; so yes you could technically mess up your elo this season and it is reset.

Inspector FaKe

17-08-2012

Yes of course the ranked elo is reset. But what I was trying to ask is: Is the HIDDEN ELO also being reset with the new season?

My first question was if there is hidden ELO at all. The answer is apparently yes. :P If your ELO is 1500 and your HIDDEN ELO is 3000, do you get more ELO per win then?

Cruełła

17-08-2012

Go for normal draft pick. It's the same as ranked games and you won't screw anyone's game because you are "training". Go ranked when you are sure about your skills and you REALLY wanna win. No point in playing ranked for a loss / leave / afk / wtvr, like many people do, just to annoy teammates.

DerRichT

17-08-2012

1.No, just ur actual elo.
2.Depends if there is a soft reset like last season (ur elo + 1200 ) / 2 (or something similar to get near 1200 elo) or a hard reset so everyone starts at 1200. But if u just reach lvl 30 don't start with ranked i would say. The possibility is high u will loose, because u will play at 1200 elo with other player who just have more experience than u. Just train a bit more and collect experience. Learn a few champs for each role and know about every ability of each champ so u won''t be suprised U can do some draftmode normal games to train 4 it. I did the same. Some gamers want to reach a higher elo at the end of the season and they play like their life is at stack. So maybe u will get flamed and insulted because u just don't play well and therefore loose the fun 4 this game.
But just my opinion

Zugbu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2012

Quote:
Yes of course the ranked elo is reset. But what I was trying to ask is: Is the HIDDEN ELO also being reset with the new season?

My first question was if there is hidden ELO at all. The answer is apparently yes. :P If your ELO is 1500 and your HIDDEN ELO is 3000, do you get more ELO per win then?
your hidden elo is independant from your visible(ranked) elo. so no

Inspector FaKe

17-08-2012

Okay thanks guys. I'll play a few hundred normal games then first.

Pifflebush

18-08-2012

Pretty sure if you're below bronze in October then your ELO won't reset.