Why is Hecarim so underplayed and underestimated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UchihaBaran

12-08-2012

I started jungling him in my last few games,he has great clearance and sustain,his ganks are above average do to his movement speed boost and a knockback.
On top of that his ult is great for initiating a teamfight.
Why is he so underplayed?

Dj0z

12-08-2012

He dies easier than average in teamfights, unless you get a perfect W in, with support from your teammates.

His passive gives lower AD if you're slowed, which also lowers the damage on your Q and E.

His ulti has a long enough cooldown, and is easier to avoid than Malphite's R or Alistar's combo.

His knockback is about the crappiest there is in the game, the only reason why it works is the MS boost, and you stun yourself for a split-second when knocking back someone. It is melee range, and knocks back over a short distance.

He was massively underpowered on release, and release state leads to general opinions like "he's weak".

His Q is ridiculously weak unless you max it first, and even then it takes some levels to become significant. They buffed its damage on minions because of that.

His E makes it very clear that you're gonna jump at someone, giving them time to prepare their escape

He has hybrid ratios, making builds less intuitive. And many people don't like to figure out builds apparently. Also that makes LW and VS less useful.

All his hard CC's (2) are on a high cooldown. he has no other types of CC.

ProxyDamage

13-08-2012

He's a jungler without decent CC, not particularly high damage or... not particularly good anything really. Most other junglers, particularly Nocturne, overshadow him in pretty much anything.

BodyLotioN

17-08-2012

http://www.own3d.tv/QueenMyrrah/video/749415

A good game with Hecarim by a 2700 jungler.

ShakeNBakeUK

18-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaBaran View Post
Why is he so underplayed?
6300IP for champion that has never been OP since his release.

TheGerbold

04-11-2012

Well, I play him whenever I get to play he jungler in my team and most of the time I end up 5 / 0 / 3 or something like that by 12 minutes.

He has just super evil gangs. Wards don't protect you much since you are just to fast and once he reaches lvl 6 ist's pretty much an 100% kill.

Just my opinion but I think he is an awsome Horse.

whythisname

04-11-2012

The main reason I won't play him is because I never see a Hec that makes me think "wow that's an awesome champ!" or "wow he deals so much damage!". He just looks average to me in all areas (except maybe looks) which isn't enough for me to want him.

Add to that that he is a 6300 champ and that just means I'm not interested at all. If he would be 3150 or less I might pick him up, but he isn't.

Fenlan

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGerbold View Post
Well, I play him whenever I get to play he jungler in my team and most of the time I end up 5 / 0 / 3 or something like that by 12 minutes.

He has just super evil gangs. Wards don't protect you much since you are just to fast and once he reaches lvl 6 ist's pretty much an 100% kill.

Just my opinion but I think he is an awsome Horse.
You are doing something wrong then.
You should be 0-0-8 and your AD should be 5-0-0 (or whereever u gank)

Sinitar

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlan View Post
You are doing something wrong then.
You should be 0-0-8 and your AD should be 5-0-0 (or whereever u gank)
hes not exactly doing something wrong...

Rule of thumb: the one getting the kills should contribute more to carrying the game.

if i feel like carrying the game more then my adcarry for some reason, i take the kills.
Hecarim is very snowbally, if you get a few early kills, its gg, because you can towerdive everything then and snowball all lanes, not just one(bot in this case).

whythisname

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
Hecarim is very snowbally, if you get a few early kills, its gg, because you can towerdive everything then and snowball all lanes, not just one(bot in this case).
I don't agree with that, I've seen plenty of Hec's fall off late game even if they were fed early on. Amumu and Lee Sin (and many other junglers) are way more snowbally than Hec if you ask me.

Maybe I just don't see many good Hec's though, but I doubt if he's really that good that all of the players I see with him are only average at best (while I do see good Amumu's, Lee's, etc,etc.).