Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PC Specs - PLEASE HELP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ji00gu

12-13-2010

Quote:
Unlike most other ppl ill suggest a more realistic solution (i dont leech of my parents so i cant afford a spaceship like most others here do *obviously*)
Either my troll-meter just crashed or you´re seriously assuming that LoL players only consist of <18 year old kids.

PS: I get money from the state, so hah :<

But yea, a dual core + decent GFX Card is plenty for most games/all online games.

edit:
Vindictus will require less power than LoL, HoN or most other MMOs
(waiting for it to be released in EU too, heard the CB is supposed to start this month)

Melcalaniye

12-13-2010

Lol, I read some really funny stuff in this thread... i.e.

Quote:
Wanijima Agito:
My specs: Intel i5 750
ATI powercolor 5770
Silicon Power Ripjaws @ 1333 i think
50GB HDD
I run in an avarage of 70 - 120 frames ( the GC is sort of burned out, long story).

Something a little less expencive migth do, if so youl have to play with low - mid graphs ( not sure, but its my personal opinion)

Yeah, 50GB HDD?? Too expensive, should get a 10GB for more value-4-money!!

Or this...
Quote:
Some Ret4rd:
1 TB Harddrive
6 GB RAM
AMD phenom II Quad 820 2.8 GHz prosessor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

My computer specs.

Bet you're on a 32-bit Operating System! XD

But the cake goes to...
Quote:
Nkla:
Unlike most other ppl ill suggest a more realistic solution (i dont leech of my parents so i cant afford a spaceship like most others here do *obviously*)

start with a Dualcore processor of 2,4-3 GHz (dirt cheap these days couse of all quadro, octacore i3 i5 i7 i13 iover9000 processors out there)
add a 64GB SSD drive (just for OS and game and so)
Spend about 50-80€ or any graphics card
Get a cheap motherboard with 2GB DDR2 667mhz ( u dont need better)
any powersupply of 500-600w

Install a XP if u feel that u cant handle w7

i personaly got:
AMD dualcore 3 GHz
2GB of 667 DDR2 ram
128GB SSD disk (and a bunch of other SATA disks for storage, but dosent matter)
Geforce 9800 GT 512ram (think its 60&#8364
550W power supply
12/1 ADSL line
and i run W7 on it with skype/msn/g-talk and over 5-10 pages open on Chrome, Winamp, thunderbird and bunch of other **** up, my memory usage before i open LoL is about 1-1,2GB (i havent checked with the game up)

But i still load game with top 3, most of the time im usualy second fastest to load the game, some times im 3rd but im 1st more often then 3rd..
except the fast loading time, i have around 60 FPS mostly, and rarley have any ingame lags or freezez in mass pvp

overall this is a dirt cheap pc (few years old) but a pc with same specs today cant be more then 300€ i belive, and it works more then perfect for LoL

GL!

EDIT: i forgot to add that i play on high graphics

Realistic solution with a ~300€ Solid State Drive?? I could build a whole PC with the money you gave for that SSD alone and run the game at 60 FPS! Thank god you're not leeching! :P

Oh, and by the way... GeForce 9800 GT is ~150€. You either have the 9600 GT or you have paid more than you remember!

CrazyIvan

Recruiter

12-13-2010

Quote:
Markonyy20:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5083699.htm

Is the PC is good enough for my requirements and the PC overall is good for Fraps + LOL 60+ FPS and TS3.

Yes, that system should run LoL absolutely fine. You may want to look around for a cheaper price though, as my experience tells me hat Argos don't usually have the best deals around.

Quote:
Ji00gu:
The parts that matter:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (4x 3.4GHz)
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC-1333 - 2x2048MB
1024MB ATI Radeon HD5770
640GB WD (SATA-II, 7.200U/Min, 16MB Cache)
550W BeQuiet System Power (80+)

Strangely enough my FPS is locked at 60 since I switched to Win 7 ultimate (64 bit)
On XP it was locked at 75 FPS, could go down to 55 while frapsing though (at full settings)

Comp costed 682€

(anyone got a solution for getting more than 60 fps? :S)

edit: typos

Turn off V-Sync (or Vertical Sync, one or the other). This, I believe, is only used to stop tearing in the visuals that you see on screen. However, in LoL this is never a problem (or at least for me) so you can turn it off). This will give you a higher framrate.

Blowout

12-13-2010

Quote:
wanijima agito:
my specs: Intel i5 750
ati powercolor 5770
silicon power ripjaws @ 1333 i think
50gb hdd
i run in an avarage of 70 - 120 frames ( the gc is sort of burned out, long story).

Something a little less expencive migth do, if so youl have to play with low - mid graphs ( not sure, but its my personal opinion)

50gb hdd?
Fayul

Melcalaniye

12-13-2010

[offtopic]

Quote:
Blowout:
50gb hdd?
Fayul

RWJ fan??

[/offtopic]

Nkla

12-13-2010

Quote:
Melcalaniye:

But the cake goes to...

Realistic solution with a ~300€ Solid State Drive?? I could build a whole PC with the money you gave for that SSD alone and run the game at 60 FPS! Thank god you're not leeching! :P

Oh, and by the way... GeForce 9800 GT is ~150€. You either have the 9600 GT or you have paid more than you remember!

ok mate, i dont live in bolivia (like u obviously) where u need to sell a kidney to buy a computer

1st.
my 128 GB SSD cost less then 150€ so lets say a 64GB SSD will cost half that, 75, but since we need to sell another kidney anyway lets say its 90€ (im 100% sure its cheaper) and yes i realize u got like 15 kidneys since ure building a super pc.

2nd:
XFX GeForce 9800GT Green Edition HDMI 512MB - costs 619 SEK (swedish krowns)
according to this x-change office (http://www.forex.se/) 619SEK = 65,48 EUR, so that meens u pay 85€ more for the same **** i got,

So lets do the math and see how many organs i have to sell.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5500 2.8GHz
+
MSI motherboard with 8channel soundcard (sata and ide connectors)
+
Chassi + 500W powersupply is 145€

on that we got +65€ for the graphics

on that we got 90€ for the 64GB SSD

RAM is like 25€ tops

145+65+90+25= 325€
and lets add 25€ for a CDplayer/reader and floppy or whatver else u might need, a chassi fan or something.

so for 350€ u got a PC similar to mine and u don thave to sell any organs if u live in a normal European country

(yes i realize u got no storage, but with the ide/sata connectors on ure motherboard u can connect any HDDs u got leftover)

Nickeee

Recruiter

12-13-2010

I usee a amd athlon x4 635
ati hd5770
4gb ram,
500 gb hd,
playing in 1920x1080 with everything on very high.
60 fps or more, when streaming i might drop below 50 sometimes.

Ji00gu

12-13-2010

Quote:
CrazyIvan:
Yes, that system should run LoL absolutely fine. You may want to look around for a cheaper price though, as my experience tells me hat Argos don't usually have the best deals around.

Turn off V-Sync (or Vertical Sync, one or the other). This, I believe, is only used to stop tearing in the visuals that you see on screen. However, in LoL this is never a problem (or at least for me) so you can turn it off). This will give you a higher framrate.
Right, totally forgot about that, thanks ~

CrazyIvan

Recruiter

12-13-2010

Quote:
Ji00gu:
Right, totally forgot about that, thanks ~

Happy to help. ^_^

Melcalaniye

12-14-2010

Quote:
Nkla:
ok mate, i dont live in bolivia (like u obviously) where u need to sell a kidney to buy a computer

1st.
my 128 GB SSD cost less then 150€ so lets say a 64GB SSD will cost half that, 75, but since we need to sell another kidney anyway lets say its 90€ (im 100% sure its cheaper) and yes i realize u got like 15 kidneys since ure building a super pc.

2nd:
XFX GeForce 9800GT Green Edition HDMI 512MB - costs 619 SEK (swedish krowns)
according to this x-change office (http://www.forex.se/) 619SEK = 65,48 EUR, so that meens u pay 85€ more for the same **** i got,

So lets do the math and see how many organs i have to sell.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5500 2.8GHz
+
MSI motherboard with 8channel soundcard (sata and ide connectors)
+
Chassi + 500W powersupply is 145€

on that we got +65€ for the graphics

on that we got 90€ for the 64GB SSD

RAM is like 25€ tops

145+65+90+25= 325€
and lets add 25€ for a CDplayer/reader and floppy or whatver else u might need, a chassi fan or something.

so for 350€ u got a PC similar to mine and u don thave to sell any organs if u live in a normal European country

(yes i realize u got no storage, but with the ide/sata connectors on ure motherboard u can connect any HDDs u got leftover)

First of all, I didn't insult you or your origins. I'm just saying that most of your "realistic solution" is rather expencive in other countries and since you have no IDEA where the OP is from, you can't post something like that as a solution! And since you like math so much, add ~150€ to that price as a fee for transporting a PC like that from Sweden to another country...

What was that? You don't care about other countries? Well, if that's the case, I have an even better solution! HP laptop, 19" LED display, i5 CPU, GeForce 480M, 6GB RAM (with 64-bit Win 7 - just to be clear), 64GB SSD, 1 TB HDD and all that for... FREE!!! Yes, this was supplied to me from the compaly I work for and it plays LoL like a charm!! Now, if I should follow your example, the "realistic solution" would be to come work at the same company as I do!

So, get off your stick and if you're gonna post an example of a "realistic solution" do a price check first...

P.S. And yes, here in "Bolivia" we HAVE to sell organs to get an SSD drive (http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.320651)...