Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PC Specs - PLEASE HELP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spyro448

12-12-2010

1tb hard drive
4 gb ram
intel core i7 860 (2.80GHz)
my graphics card i dont know. all i know is that it is more than 3 years old and still manages to run lol.

im not that good with comp parts so when i bought this one i just got the i7(coz i though "big number = good) with a graphics card upgrade. nothing special and it manages to run everything.

i suggest looking at the minimum requirements that they say you need to run lol and get a computer based on that. when u get to a shop ask them if u will be able to run lol and if they say yes then buy it.

RedDrakul

12-12-2010

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5083699.htm

Is the PC is good enough for my requirements and the PC overall is good for Fraps + LOL 60+ FPS and TS3.

RedDrakul

12-12-2010

bump.

Ji00gu

12-12-2010

The parts that matter:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (4x 3.4GHz)
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC-1333 - 2x2048MB
1024MB ATI Radeon HD5770
640GB WD (SATA-II, 7.200U/Min, 16MB Cache)
550W BeQuiet System Power (80+)

Strangely enough my FPS is locked at 60 since I switched to Win 7 ultimate (64 bit)
On XP it was locked at 75 FPS, could go down to 55 while frapsing though (at full settings)

Comp costed 682€

(anyone got a solution for getting more than 60 fps? :S)

edit: typos

RedDrakul

12-12-2010

Quote:
Ji00gu:
The parts that matter:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (4x 3.4GHz)
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC-1333 - 2x2048MB
1024MB ATI Radeon HD5770
640GB WD (SATA-II, 7.200U/Min, 16MB Cache)
550W BeQuiet System Power (80+)

Strangely enough my FPS is locked at 60 since I switched to Win 7 ultimate (64 bit)
On XP it was locked at 75 FPS, could go down to 55 while frapsing though (at full settings)

Comp costed 682€

(anyone got a solution for getting more than 60 fps? :S)

edit: typos

Lol. Compared to my 15 FPS yours runs like a breeze.

Ji00gu

12-12-2010

Yea, its like 3 weeks old and compared to my old one (intel single core 2,01ghz and a GeForce 6600) it's like a whole new gaming experience <3

Also, the link you posted has a p good comp for the price I believe.
It won't have any problem playing LoL.

However, you shouldn't decide on a comp while focusing on only one game D:

RedDrakul

12-12-2010

Quote:
Ji00gu:
Yea, its like 3 weeks old and compared to my old one (intel single core 2,01ghz and a GeForce 6600) it's like a whole new gaming experience <3

Also, the link you posted has a p good comp for the price I believe.
It won't have any problem playing LoL.

However, you shouldn't decide on a comp while focusing on only one game D:

Only planning on playing LoL HoN Dota and Dota 2 and maybe Vindictus EU, for everything else I got Xbox360

Raventhrone

12-12-2010

Quote:
Communist:
GTFO.
You're one of these people that's like 'Hi my pc is $2000 and it has lights in it now it looks like a giant spaceship, cool right?'.

I got an AMD 4400+ x2 @ 2,4GHz
ATI Radeon 4830 HD
4GB DDR2 RAM
Be Quiet! 550W power supply

I can run everything @ maxed while on a VoIP program and my game still runs @ 50-60 FPS steadily.

So the part where you say 'a little less expensive will force you to play with low-mid graphs' is absolute BS.

Sorry for my rude language but people like you........ASKDSOAKDOKD

Dude, he actually gave tips on not-too-expensive parts. The 5770 is not that expensive nowadays, neither is the i5. You could prolly get all of that for ~350-400. That's way below those 2000. ~What you have is nearly as good, to be quite frank, and I'm abso-friggin-lutely certai you payed more than he'd pay for that setup now.

Nkla

12-12-2010

Unlike most other ppl ill suggest a more realistic solution (i dont leech of my parents so i cant afford a spaceship like most others here do *obviously*)

start with a Dualcore processor of 2,4-3 GHz (dirt cheap these days couse of all quadro, octacore i3 i5 i7 i13 iover9000 processors out there)
add a 64GB SSD drive (just for OS and game and so)
Spend about 50-80€ or any graphics card
Get a cheap motherboard with 2GB DDR2 667mhz ( u dont need better)
any powersupply of 500-600w

Install a XP if u feel that u cant handle w7

i personaly got:
AMD dualcore 3 GHz
2GB of 667 DDR2 ram
128GB SSD disk (and a bunch of other SATA disks for storage, but dosent matter)
Geforce 9800 GT 512ram (think its 60&#8364
550W power supply
12/1 ADSL line
and i run W7 on it with skype/msn/g-talk and over 5-10 pages open on Chrome, Winamp, thunderbird and bunch of other **** up, my memory usage before i open LoL is about 1-1,2GB (i havent checked with the game up)

But i still load game with top 3, most of the time im usualy second fastest to load the game, some times im 3rd but im 1st more often then 3rd..
except the fast loading time, i have around 60 FPS mostly, and rarley have any ingame lags or freezez in mass pvp

overall this is a dirt cheap pc (few years old) but a pc with same specs today cant be more then 300€ i belive, and it works more then perfect for LoL

GL!

EDIT: i forgot to add that i play on high graphics

AAlex

12-12-2010

Ontopic. Any modern PC with any modern 3D accelerator (except onboard 3Dcard).