Suspension issued for EU Regional participant

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMarcou

eSports Manager

10-08-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners,

We’re all very excited for the upcoming EU Regional Final at Gamescom taking place next week (August 16th~19th) that will have the best teams in Europe competing for their spots at the World Championship & Season Three Championship Series.

During our scheduled review of the final rosters of European teams, it came to our attention that Hosan of team elohell recently had his main account permanently banned from League of Legends by our Tribunal system. This discovery caused us great concern as our expectation is that all players will abide by the Summoner’s Code and maintain a sense of fair play and sportsmanship while competing online and at live events.

Upon further review from our eSports team, we confirmed the assessment by the Tribunal and have decided that Hosan will receive a one-tournament suspension as his online conduct is behavior that would be penalized at any and all official Riot Tournaments. The suspension will be served during the EU Regional Final.

We have informed team elohell of the decision, and we are happy to hear that they will still be participating in the tournament with an eligible substitute.

Rerdan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Good to know. Both that the player gets suspended for his (mis)behavior as well as the tournament goes on smoothly with the participation of elohell regardless.

Allure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

so, he only gets unbanned for the tournament time?

Sneak Dog

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice00Angel View Post
Yep, I like this decision of Riot, both the taking a second look as the only temporary unbanning*, allthough I thought permabans were always reviewed by a human, this is still true, right?

Edit: apparently im wrong, see post below

NoTrigger

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice00Angel View Post
he doesnt get unbanned. his account will be permabanned, forever.
but he will also be banned from the tournament. that means he cant play the tournament.

"Hosan will receive a one-tournament suspension"

reading is difficult

Achanos

11-08-2012

a surprising but very welcomed move. +1

gluecks

Emissary Extraordinaire

11-08-2012

I welcome the decision to ban a player from such a huge important due to him getting suspended by the Tribunal, but nonetheless I still wish the team elohell the best of luck in the Qualifiers!

See you next week :-)

Zeophix

11-08-2012

What an donkey. Why play professionally and offend people (not sure if he did but he must have done something like that to receive perm ban). Just saying.

Rainl

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Summoners,

We’re all very excited for the upcoming EU Regional Final at Gamescom taking place next week (August 16th~19th) that will have the best teams in Europe competing for their spots at the World Championship & Season Three Championship Series.

During our scheduled review of the final rosters of European teams, it came to our attention that Hosan of team elohell recently had his main account permanently banned from League of Legends by our Tribunal system. This discovery caused us great concern as our expectation is that all players will abide by the Summoner’s Code and maintain a sense of fair play and sportsmanship while competing online and at live events.

Upon further review from our eSports team, we confirmed the assessment by the Tribunal and have decided that Hosan will receive a one-tournament suspension as his online conduct is behavior that would be penalized at any and all official Riot Tournaments. The suspension will be served during the EU Regional Final.

We have informed team elohell of the decision, and we are happy to hear that they will still be participating in the tournament with an eligible substitute.
I completely disagree with this you can't just go ahead and make a rule that you can get suspended from a tournament. NO one knew about this and i'm 100% SURE that if he did he would not of gotten banned this is just stupid and pathetic by you riot i have never seen one thread you made that you are able to get suspended. Instead of telling the players you are able to get suspended from a tournament you just do it no one knowing sad don't you think? It's like banning someone for saying aaaaaa you make a stupid rule in a second like you can't say 6a's at once and the guy is getting punished for it? Really retarded and really poorly taken this is so sad.

Sp4rhawk

11-08-2012

Awesome job, maybe it will set an example for other "pro players" that they too, have to behave themselves.
I applaud thee for the decision, Riot! /slowclap