Summoners rift and new maps.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pondhammer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Hi all, this is my first forum post so be gentle.
I've been following the recent discussion by the reds on the subject of new maps and just wanted to say i believe that adding more game maps with different characteristics would probably seperate the playerbase into camps so does not sound ideal.

However visual makeovers of summoners rift might provide a welcome change of scenery so whilst the gameplay is the same it feels a little different. The jungle camps could be changed ( but provide the same stats/buffs etc) aswell but thats just me spitballing.

I was thinking the normal Winter/Summer/haloween maps being rotated and then perhaps adding themed maps. Desert rift for example, Demacian/Noxian/Piltover etc, a Summoners championship stadium based in the institute of war ( maybe a smaller 3v3 or ARAM type map )
These themes would also give players excuses to use some different skins ( i.e sandscourge skarner and sandstorm katarina on the desert map or glacial Malphite, Frejlord Ashe on winter ) which would perhaps lead to increased revenue for riot as a return on the development effort put in.
I wasnt sure if this thread was better off here or in the summoners rift section so Mods feel free to delete one