Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counterlist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shamelesstroll

08-08-2012

Hello hurps

I've had insane whining in the last games I played about champions being OP. Now, I've made a nice list for you(cos I'm such a cool guy pls donate money) with toplane counters.

The follow champions are considered OP by morons who dont know how to counter:

Darius Deals really high damage until level about 8, then his damage mostly comes from his ult
Counters to Darius:
-Jax by simply outdamaging him
-Yorick is a diehard Darius counter cos of his harass
-Irelia, way too much sustain. Can easily outlane Darius
-Olaf, way too much sustain AND outdamages Darius

Jax Deals insane damage and is a hypercarry while being tanky as a bruiser(bit broken currently)
Counters to Jax:
-Riven cos her Q isn't dodgable, but must shut down Jax before he reaches level 6
-Yorick, wont kill Jax but Jax certainly won't kill him either. He can keep Jax away from his farm
-Garen, outdamages Jax by far pre 6 and regens the damage Jax does quite fast

Riven Excels at harassing and escaping without taking damage
Counters to Riven:
-Garen because Riven doesn't hurt him and he can punish her when she c-c-combos him
-Darius completely destroys Riven. Can get her away from her farm and almost certainly kills her when pulled

Olaf Extreme sustain, really high damage while being tanky
Counters to Olaf:
-Jax simply destroys Olaf and he'll have to waste ult to escape you
-Yorick can keep him away from his farm early. But after level 4(if Olaf leveled his sustain) he cannot stop him anymore.

Irelia Uncounterable and the only true OP solotop if you ask me
Can only be countered if Irelia is bad and you put a skilled player against her.
I'd consider Jax and Olaf to be her best counters.

Lidasel

08-08-2012

Quote:
Shamelesstroll:

Darius Deals really high damage until level about 8, then his damage mostly comes from his ult
Counters to Darius:
-Jax by simply outdamaging him

One does not simply outdamage Darius.
Quote:

-Yorick is a diehard Darius counter cos of his harass

true
Quote:

-Irelia, way too much sustain. Can easily outlane Darius
-Olaf, way too much sustain AND outdamages Darius

Cant really confirm this from my experience, Darius should deny Olafs farm before he can deal damage with his E and Irelia has a rather weak early.
All in all you should go with ranged champions against darius like Jayce, AD Nidalee, kennen, Vlad because he has no sustain and cant heal up the harass so well.

Quote:

Jax Deals insane damage and is a hypercarry while being tanky as a bruiser(bit broken currently)
Counters to Jax:
-Riven cos her Q isn't dodgable, but must shut down Jax before he reaches level 6

Skillmatchup, not a hardcounter. If Jax plays smart he can win the lane.
Quote:

-Yorick, wont kill Jax but Jax certainly won't kill him either. He can keep Jax away from his farm

true
Quote:

-Garen, outdamages Jax by far pre 6 and regens the damage Jax does quite fast

Jax scales so much better into lategame then Garen. Jax just has to farm in order to win the lane.

Quote:

Riven Excels at harassing and escaping without taking damage
Counters to Riven:
-Garen because Riven doesn't hurt him and he can punish her when she c-c-combos him

The only thing that hurts Riven is the Q silence because she cant do her combo. If she can bait it, she wins.
Quote:

-Darius completely destroys Riven. Can get her away from her farm and almost certainly kills her when pulled

A good Riven destroys a good Darius. Riven can dodge his Q, dash in, stun Dash out and win the trade.

Quote:

Olaf Extreme sustain, really high damage while being tanky
Counters to Olaf:
-Jax simply destroys Olaf and he'll have to waste ult to escape you
-Yorick can keep him away from his farm early. But after level 4(if Olaf leveled his sustain) he cannot stop him anymore.

Olaf is a counterbruiser without range or gapcloser. Pick ranged against him and he will cry. Furthermore Yorick counters EVERYONE.

Quote:

Irelia Uncounterable and the only true OP solotop if you ask me
Can only be countered if Irelia is bad and you put a skilled player against her.

She has a rather weak early game and weak sustain so champs with a strong early game like renek or Lee have a good chance.

After all, i dont get the point of this post. You say that there are some champions that are considered OP and then you tell us that you would counterpick these champions with champions that are considered OP as well. So you counter OP champs with OP champs while saying that everyone who says they are OP is a moron. Don't get me wrong here, i don't think these champions are OP, but your argument on countering champions that are considered OP by morons with champions that are considered OP by morons isn't very strong.

High Lord Eros

08-08-2012

Well, you may have noticed all the counters listed here are others who are considered "OP" appart from Garen and Yorick, who can only beat them (?) because Garen can take a lot of damage and Yorick can out farm and harass. I think a better list would look a little like.....

Darius < Teemo, well any ranged champ with good movement speed/abilities
Jax < Fizz
Riven < Champs with decent CC (Lux, Fiddle.....)
Olaf < Vayne
Irelia < AP carries (if they keep they're range)

Besides, no champ is actually OP they just have advantages and disadvantages over each other, most of these OP complaints are just spawned by people rolling these champs and stomping newer players in non ranked matches, also slightly of-topic, but doesn't Diana's second skin look kinda (a lot) like a Night Elf from World Of Warcraft?

Edit: D4mn it Lidasel, you got here first
2nd Edit: Why is D.A.M.N considered a swear word?? as far as i know its only offensive if your religious : /

Shamelesstroll

08-08-2012

Quote:
Lidasel:
[/B]
One does not simply outdamage Darius.

true

Cant really confirm this from my experience, Darius should deny Olafs farm before he can deal damage with his E and Irelia has a rather weak early.
All in all you should go with ranged champions against darius like Jayce, AD Nidalee, kennen, Vlad because he has no sustain and cant heal up the harass so well.

Skillmatchup, not a hardcounter. If Jax plays smart he can win the lane.

true

Jax scales so much better into lategame then Garen. Jax just has to farm in order to win the lane.

The only thing that hurts Riven is the Q silence because she cant do her combo. If she can bait it, she wins.

A good Riven destroys a good Darius. Riven can dodge his Q, dash in, stun Dash out and win the trade.

Olaf is a counterbruiser without range or gapcloser. Pick ranged against him and he will cry. Furthermore Yorick counters EVERYONE.

She has a rather weak early game and weak sustain so champs with a strong early game like renek or Lee have a good chance.

After all, i dont get the point of this post. You say that there are some champions that are considered OP and then you tell us that you would counterpick these champions with champions that are considered OP as well. So you counter OP champs with OP champs while saying that everyone who says they are OP is a moron. Don't get me wrong here, i don't think these champions are OP, but your argument on countering champions that are considered OP by morons with champions that are considered OP by morons isn't very strong.

Hey thanks for the long reply, however the downvote wasn't really nice of you :<

I'll give a honest opinion back:

Jax easily outdamages Darius because Jax can jump in, making Darius Q deal singificantly less damage(or he must have superhuman reflexes to hit him midair) get ONLY hit by his W then dodge all his autoattacks, autoattack him instead stun him and escape easily. Then also, Darius has more manacosts so Jax wins every trade fairly easy againt Darius.

Olaf is a REALLY good Darius counter, I've also experienced that. He can EASILY 1v1 Darius at any level(except for level 1 I'm not sure). If Darius gets close to harass with Q then you can q-e him for insanely much more damage than he does. If he pull you in, you can 1v1 him. So how is Olaf not a good Darius counter? :P

Riven is the only decent Jax counter i could think of. A smart riven vs a smart jax is a won lane for riven(A smart Jax vs a bad Riven isnt what I mean ofcource, like you apparently mentioned).

Garen wins lane vs Jax. I find your reaction on this honestly a bit dumb(no offense I'm happy with your long detailed reply). Since Garen easily outdamages Jax pre 6 he can deny Jax's farm. So yes, he can't get that farm to win his lane.

A good Riven absolutely 100% does not destroy a good Darius. Im really REALLY sure about this one. Ive seen it myself: c-c-combo, Darius slows with W. Riven is unable to escape even with her dash ánd stun. Darius has enough range to pull her back in and deal insanely much more damage than Riven.

Irelia might not be really honest, but I couldn't think of a good Irelia counter. And I think she does way way too much damage and has way too much sustain for a char that you can build full tank with a little attackspeed.

Then at last, I've made this post cos I've played 10 games last 2 weeks and I've heard 'omg garen so op' - 'Riven alway escepa nefear deal damage' etc etc. So in fact I've made this to help you. And what you say there, counter OP with OP? Have you dreamt that part? Gotta read a little better cos I never said any of these are OP.

Thanks for yer reply bro, I appriciate it

MiniZav

08-08-2012

No, i agree with the OP, darius can totaly feck over riven.

Tho i also agree with the ''op counters op'', thats not really a way to have a fun game 8-)

NecroFenix

08-08-2012

jax > darius, jax completely rapes him
olaf > darius, everything in olaf kit is better than anything darius has.
riven 50/50 darius

Deadbringer

08-08-2012

Where is Panth?

WL Might

08-08-2012

Irelia > AP carries when she gets two null magic mantle after her first b

Irelia is one of the few champions that is really overpowered.

Lidasel

08-08-2012

Quote:
Shamelesstroll:
Hey thanks for the long reply, however the downvote wasn't really nice of you :<

I did not downvote you...

I'll give a honest opinion back:

Jax easily outdamages Darius because Jax can jump in, making Darius Q deal singificantly less damage(or he must have superhuman reflexes to hit him midair) get ONLY hit by his W then dodge all his autoattacks, autoattack him instead stun him and escape easily. Then also, Darius has more manacosts so Jax wins every trade fairly easy againt Darius.

This combo costs Jax 50% of his Mana pre 6. Darius just has to hit him with his W before Jax activates his E or he has to pull him in when Jax tries to walk away after the stun expires. Then Darius can just go W=>Q and stomp jax. Futhermore the Q damage of the hilt isnt that low...

Olaf is a REALLY good Darius counter, I've also experienced that. He can EASILY 1v1 Darius at any level(except for level 1 I'm not sure). If Darius gets close to harass with Q then you can q-e him for insanely much more damage than he does. If he pull you in, you can 1v1 him. So how is Olaf not a good Darius counter? :P

Riven is the only decent Jax counter i could think of. A smart riven vs a smart jax is a won lane for riven(A smart Jax vs a bad Riven isnt what I mean ofcource, like you apparently mentioned).

I said it's a pure skill matchup. The strong damage of Riven comes from her passive and W. The Q does not deal so much damage and Jax can still block the passive. Furthermore Riven HAS to back off as soon as Jax activates his E. Riven is definitly not a hardcounter or even a strong counterpick to jax. She has an Edge, but not a great one.

Garen wins lane vs Jax. I find your reaction on this honestly a bit dumb(no offense I'm happy with your long detailed reply). Since Garen easily outdamages Jax pre 6 he can deny Jax's farm. So yes, he can't get that farm to win his lane.

Jax farms under the tower until he gets some items and then hypercarries. Garen needs to get fed early to become usefull. Even when Garen denies jax until level 6, jax will still be more usefull for the team then garen.

A good Riven absolutely 100% does not destroy a good Darius. Im really REALLY sure about this one. Ive seen it myself: c-c-combo, Darius slows with W. Riven is unable to escape even with her dash and stun. Darius has enough range to pull her back in and deal insanely much more damage than Riven.

Riven can Q=E=Q out of anything Darius throws at her. She will not get caught because the grab animation is quite obvious and she can QQ-AA-W in and Q-E out to harass him. I have never had any problems against Darius as Riven.

Irelia might not be really honest, but I couldn't think of a good Irelia counter. And I think she does way way too much damage and has way too much sustain for a char that you can build full tank with a little attackspeed.

This is true, however you can either send someone against her who scales better with the farm (Nasus) or someone who can deny her early. If she gets farm she will get very strong mid-lategame.

Then at last, I've made this post cos I've played 10 games last 2 weeks and I've heard 'omg garen so op' - 'Riven alway escepa nefear deal damage' etc etc. So in fact I've made this to help you. And what you say there, counter OP with OP? Have you dreamt that part? Gotta read a little better cos I never said any of these are OP.

You should read my argument and the argument posted by the guy who posted below me. You say that people believe that the listed champions are OP. You say that these champions are not OP because they can be easily countered in lane by other champions. However, almost all counterpicks you mention are champions from the list people consider OP. This way of argument does not support your initial claim that these champions are not OP.

Thanks for yer reply bro, I appriciate it

Reply in Underlined and in Bold.

StyLe0wnZ

08-08-2012

Well i miss alot of things here:

- Jax incredibly easy to counter with Malphite or other tanky ap ( i think singed works, Vlad, Akali )

- Irelia is countered by a huuuuge amount of champs: Jax, Vlad, Akali, Singed, Udyr, Teemo, Riven Yorik, Renekton, Nasus ( because sustain and farm.. Nasus farmed is free win)
honestly she has an incredibly weak early and lives from stupid enemies or her junglers ganks. Most ppl do the mistake of running to her in her minion wave and get stunned there... just wait for her W to end and then harras, if her W is up dont 1v1 ( and she got mana problems btw )

- Darius ... the one i consider Op ... hm well ranged champs may work.. Jayce maybe

- Olaf: Hm not a problem to me play smart and hes np. Same for Riven. Btw Darius rapes Riven.