Do we want another ping for SS'ing?

Yes, at least it couldn't hurt. 188 82.82%
No, because I will write my reason in a post. 39 17.18%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Ping, Retreat, SS.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vectum

08-08-2012

*tl;dr at the bottom.

Typing SS in the chat when your enemy disappears is pretty much required. If you don't do it, your team will flame the shizz out of you if they die from a gank.
But in every game, theres always someone that misses to read the chat when this small two letter lifesaver comes up.
Many times it's even me, because I'm too focused on battling my nemesis to read the chat.
A ping however, is much more noticable, because of its soundque, a retreat is even more noticable since you are trained to know that this sound means that shizz is about to go down.

But a ping is, at least to me, more of a direction or orders, like: you ping dragon to get your team there to do it quickly.

A retreat is when you know for a fact that if you don't retreat now you will die.

Neither of those synergize well when you write SS, because a SS doesn't necessarily mean that someone is heading to gank, if you use SS together with retreat it will probably make your team withdraw and perhaps lose farm due to the enemy just simply going back to base, and to ping retreat for both lanes isn't very efficent.

Your teammate might have been on his way to get a kill but then you ping retreat and he will retreat without the kill to avoid dying. All because the mid lane went back to base.

Using SS coupled with a Ping isn't very reliable either, since it might come of as "Attack now" or similar.

So neither works very well, neither soundque that is.

What I propose is another soundque, You know, one for just saying that your enemy is missing, you'd ping it on your own lane, simply to let your mates know that, someone is on the loose, be careful.

Also, since there would be this simple, convenient way of telling your teammates, you could even drop the SS bull****, because its costed me at this point probably thousands of minions, probably died once or twice from it, etc, you get the point.

Discuss, leave a comment, keep the thread alive, etc.

*tl;dr, a third ping for SS'ing only.

EatableFan

08-08-2012

i always try to ping if im pretty sure that the enemy left the lane and will go to another lane. ill then do 3 pings describing from where to where he goes. if hes just missing, i use ss.

Dei Wong

08-08-2012

Nice idea. I like it. Maybe a blue ping with a mellow bassy sound.

Vectum

08-08-2012

C'mon, you are not allowed to vote no unless you explain why, shape up!

Dei Wong

08-08-2012

bomp

Achanos

08-08-2012

i inform my team at the start of every game that if my lane is pinged i mean SS. so far things have gone smoothly except a few people who requested it in text.

Vectum

08-08-2012

Plenty of votes but almost no comments, I guess that means I made a good argument but I would appreciate the bumps to perhaps get a Rioter to spot this thread.
90%> in favor, keep it going.

Vectum

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achanos View Post
i inform my team at the start of every game that if my lane is pinged i mean SS. so far things have gone smoothly except a few people who requested it in text.
Perhaps, but if it was me personally, I can see myself just waving it off as a signal to/from a lanebuddy/jungler to attack and not really a SS signal.
A small and inconvenient confusion for something that simply could have a separate signal.
Your method works to a fault but it still couldn't hurt with its own soundque.

Rofltastic

Master Recruiter

08-08-2012

great idea tbh, would make the effort needed to type 2 letters much less

xDiseL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

it is nice idea we have alt and ctrl now maybe Shift?

12345 ... 7