Anivia Support - Why not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eG Zamp

07-08-2012

[CENTER]2 second stun
(huge) temporary wall that grants vision
big AOE slow
A passive that allows you to use all of the three listed before after you 'die'.[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Anivia can be a very useful second caster to have on your team just because of her Crowd Control.

In the laning phase she can help the AD atack:
by using the wall diagonaly in the bush it both grants vision and traps an enemy making him go all the way around the wall while being slowed by the Ultimate and stunned by 'Q'.

In the laning phase she can help the AD defend:
by using a 2 or 3 level wall she can easily block any path the jungler chooses to gank and can prevent tower dive escape (making it at least a fair trade).

In teamfights anivia works the same as if she was mid, not doing the damage but making use of all her CC.

Items: Gold p/s and Mana p/s.
Runes: Mana p/s.

My point with this post is to discuss either if you think this is a good idea or if it wouldn't work at all.[/LEFT]

DjDazzled

07-08-2012

Seems legit , try it out and post a video showing how you got on, interested to see how you do

MaxiBe├ža

07-08-2012

I have had anivia support. Easiest first blood ever.

She hits Q, i crit and volley, another auto attack. Profit.

gg Macmaxi

07-08-2012

Her wall isn't sufficient to defend your AD or your lane at all. First of all you need to level it pretty early, and the first levels wont have enough size to prevent someone of reaching you. Anivia is pretty costly on mana, i doubt mp/5 items will cover that. Naturally they wont focus you and when you miss your stun, there is nothing that can stop them from attacking your AD. Basically with Anivia you can't trade at all on bot lane.

I think the lane would be too weak. Also an AD will generally have it easier to dodge Anivias Mechanics than an AP, but that depends on the champion.

De1Phoenix

07-08-2012

I think she'd be a relatively good support
only one of the problems I see is the fact that she is too mana hungry.
This means she will have to abandon her lane quite a lot to get the blue buff (until you can have a substainable mana (regen) source, like the unholy grail.

She can stun the enemies using her Q and damage them a lot using E afterwards, making the ad carry get a quick kill. Also the walls to either defend or block the enemy from their turret and just the R to slow the enemies down, making it easier to stun them and E them.

However, the teamfights, if she hardly damages enemies, she becomes quite useless.
Yes, she can stun, slow, block. However other than that there isn't anything else, unless Anivia gets a proper farm and killcount she cannot damage anything at all. And I doubt she'd be a good tank.

Phoenix.

CloppyFawk

07-08-2012

Only with ashe, because if ashe uses Q or volley or ult on someone, ur E does more dmg .

Iseana

08-08-2012

CloppyFawk are u sure that ashe applys chill ?

Ealiom

08-08-2012

I would shy away from it. Most powerful supports are generally tanky. Taric, Blitz, Alistar, Leona, even a Nautilus. They can get in the thick of it and disrupt the enemy while the AD carry plugs away. Anivia can harass at range which would be powerful for say Cait or Urgot who could use their superior range to add to the poke. However IF Anivia is caught by the usual tanky support and the AD carry jumps on them shes dead. One taric stun, blitz grab, Naut stun, Ali combo, Leona stun and she is dead. Even Soraka with her heals and silences would do well against Anivia.
If any bottom pairing are playing well together or even mildly awake they should devastate Anivia. She relies too heavily on a slow moving skill shot and that aoe is only going to farm minions from your carry which they aren't going to be too pleased about.

Ceraco

08-08-2012

Sona janna and soraka are atleast as good as ****ing blitz which only 1% of the player do know how to play...

Its all about what kind of support fits you and your mate best.!

ProxyDamage

08-08-2012

Because she's fairly bad to mediocre (at best) support and an amazing mid?

I mean, strictly speaking almost any champion can fulfil any role... But they usually stick to the ones they're most efficient in.