Playing LoL with Proxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naeg

15-06-2010

Hi,

In order to play LoL in school, I have to use a proxy(blocked ports). But I couldn't make it running yet...That's how far I came:

I got a proxy connected and it's working(100% sure).
I use FreeCap to start the lol.launcher.exe, and I can login, see my profile, go shopping etc. OK great, so proxy and FreeCap is working 100% sure.
(FreeCap just "starts the lol.launcher.exe and tunnels the stuff over the proxy", so the blocked ports don't matter.)

I can even join a game, select a hero and spells...but then comes the problem:

lol.launcher now launches League of Legends.exe, so the actual game is not started with FreeCap, and so it's not tunneled => not working.

I tried replacing the original League of Legends.exe with a little program I wrote, that just starts the original League of Legends.exe with FreeCap. I replace the "League of Legends.exe" with my "League of Legends.exe", so mine is launched instead of the original, and then launches the original game with FreeCap.
But guess what...it doesn't work. I don't know how LoL is actually starting the stuff, so I can't really debug it.
My program gets started for sure, because a command-line window appears, but it seems to get terminated directly afterwards. It should wait for a key-stroke, but it doesn't.

When I start my program by hand without the launcher running, the command-line window appears and the LoL-Logo comes up for a short time, as it should. The command-line now waits for a key-stroke, as it should. But as i said, it's not working when League of Legends.exe is started by the launcher.

Thanks in advance

Greetings, naeg

Monkbini

15-06-2010

The laucnher and the "game server" is not the same, so if you make freecap or your freedom to run the launcher, it will not work with the the game.

Either way, I my self preffer to use something like hot spot shield, which makes everything run thorugh the proxy.

Or to have my home PC setup so I can connect through that one.

either way, I know hot spotshield works, sadly you don't have a very big connection when using it

Asaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-06-2010

use your-freedom.net with the openvpn option to be able to play.

or setup your own vpn through your existing tunnel to play the game.

naeg

16-06-2010

So setting up a VPN seems to be the only way. I don't want it to be laggy, because our connection in school is a bit slow anyway. I don't even know if it's playable.

Thanks, naeg

kipat

13-08-2010

is there some guide for putting up the VPN og setting up your home computer for connecting through that, I have the same problem with school.

mongomunken

18-10-2010

Dunno if you still want help, but using ProxyCap will fix your problem.
In proxycap you select which programs will use the proxy, so you can select all LoL-related .exe files and just run it like you normally do.

dELuxEtw

05-11-2010

Doesn`t work with proxycap and with proxifier...

Somebody please make tutorial how to run LoL via proxy... please...

brazoayeye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

30-11-2010

with proxycap the lobby starts but it can't connect when the map starts...

wilozar

14-12-2010

if you have a android/iphone you can connect it to your compute through a usb and get internet through the phone. you need pdanet on your pohne and on your computer. the you can play lol without the proxy internet in school.

EP3

12-01-2011

any news on this? any guide coming up?