How many GB, guys?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takahach

06-08-2012

Ok, I've just moved to Sweden and I've got this problem - until I get a stable internet connection, I'm limited to 20GBs a month, which seems to be extremely little. Can you guys help me out? How much is that, really, and how many GB/MB does a league game actually take? Really in need of some help.

Lakk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

~40MB per game. At my Dad's I am on 5gb/month (lol) and LoL and SC2 are fine if I play a lot. I'm only there 4 days a fortnight though. You should be fine, just install a data monitor and make sure you don't go over 20GB, espescially with some of the larger patches.

ALOTBSOL

Recruiter

06-08-2012

OVER 9000!

nah dunno really . :>

Takahach

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakk View Post
~40MB per game. At my Dad's I am on 5gb/month (lol) and LoL and SC2 are fine if I play a lot. I'm only there 4 days a fortnight though. You should be fine, just install a data monitor and make sure you don't go over 20GB, espescially with some of the larger patches.
Not exactly an expert on computers, suck at everything related to them, could you tell me what a data monitor is?

Garisas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

a program that watches your internet activity and calculates how much data you have downloaded and uploaded.

Lakk

06-08-2012

If you are on Windows 7 then download a Network Meter from the below link:

http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?...network_meter/

It shows you how much data you have uploaded and downloaded (your total usage is the sum of these two) in a current (since you last booted PC) and total. You can reset your total every time your data resets from your service provider (usually end of the month). That way you can just check you're not going over 20GB. Playing League a lot won't get near 20GB but if you watch Youtube etc you will likely get close.

Takahach

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garisas View Post
a program that watches your internet activity and calculates how much data you have downloaded and uploaded.
look at that, thanks alot, mates, WHO SAID THE LOL COMMUNITY SUCKS? asked for it and bam, 2 minutes later i get my answer
thanks alot, guys

Takahach

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakk View Post
If you are on Windows 7 then download a Network Meter from the below link:

http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?...network_meter/

It shows you how much data you have uploaded and downloaded (your total usage is the sum of these two) in a current (since you last booted PC) and total. You can reset your total every time your data resets from your service provider (usually end of the month). That way you can just check you're not going over 20GB. Playing League a lot won't get near 20GB but if you watch Youtube etc you will likely get close.
Thanks alot, Lakk

Lakk

06-08-2012

No problem