Why Cho'Gath Jungle no viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRaiMon

05-08-2012

Hi I main jungler and I started playing again Cho'Gath after Battlecast skin and I don't understand why is not popular his clear time is like 4:40 and can stay foverer in the jungle because the sustain, ganks are not bad and mid lame game you become a beast with aoe silence and true dmg on low hp targets.

I build him tanky with some ap and feels very solid after malphite I think is one of the best tanky junglers.

EatableFan

05-08-2012

because other junglers are just...better...

FFSwe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

because he havent been picked yet by some high elo streamer (see what happened to mundo,kayle etc)

r0gue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

i would argue he's better in top lane than in jungle; that doesn't take away that he can jungle effectively, he has good sustain, swell ganks if he can land his rupture, and he can eat people every minute or so.

JJise

05-08-2012

hard ganks thats all. you fail your Q you cant gank.

xRaiMon

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJise View Post
hard ganks thats all. you fail your Q you cant gank.
Same as Lee sin

Darkos619

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMMOdy View Post
Same as Lee sin
Not at all Lee has can W to poeple if they are near creeps or wards and E to slow poeple.

Cho just gets outclassed by many other jungles and he is better top and he can't gank that well ever since he isn't that fast of a champ which makes it harder for him to get to the right place to hit his Q through the best thing about him is no one should be able to steal dragon or baron from a jungle Cho.

Mad Pacifist

05-08-2012

4:40 clear time woulde be veery bad.(It's same as fiddle clear time, which makes fiddle less viable)

Most (played) junglers have a clear time ranging from 3:21 to 3:50
But you're not right with ur 4:40 clear time, he does also has 3:30 with right masteries/runes.

JasonBorowski

05-08-2012

Friend of mine plays cho in jungle.
Works decent imo. Just don't get your blue buff stolen ;-)

Norinal

05-08-2012

I think the word "Viable" is quite subjective. In very high ELO's he wouldn't be considered viable, but in the ELO the majourity of people probably are in, he is without a doubt.

And about why he isn't that popular, It really is a mix of everything people have already said in this thread. Cho'gath is a better solotop, and is very dependant on his Q to gank, which is enough reason for a pro streamer not to pick him, which in turn doesn't make the champion popular to people, even in low ELO's where it really doesn't matter if you don't play the best junglers ever.

Though I do quite enjoy being a hipster sometimes, so Cho'gath jungle is fun to play if you don't care about being just slightly weaker than the absolute best junglers available.