New Champion: Quinn the pacifist Gardener (reworked)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metzelmax

04-08-2012

This is the reworked version. The original one is here:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=587323

[Reasoning behind rework:
The main goal behind the changes was to give Quinns bees some real impact and utility. Quinn is now all about positioning his flowers to be able to harass the enemy from afar, while keeping the channeling bee aspect. All his abilities now interact with his bees and he himself looks more viable.]

Name: Quinn (since we need a hero with Q)

Lore:

Quinn felt his whole live a deep connection to the nature and he seemed to be a master at everything that was growing out of the ground. He had soon become a well know gardener and beekeeper, who was wanted by every Noble and even some Kings on Runeterra to design their gardens. His last working place was the front garden of the league of legends.

Quinn despited all violence, so he never entered the league to watch a fight. But at one day the destroyed body of Tryndamere got thrown over the wall of the league into his garden, directly landing on the prettiest of his roses. So he went in their to complain about the garbage tossed into his garden.

Quinn was shocked. Not only was this arena a giant melting pot of blood and violence... much worse was the state of the flora. Nearly dead trees, blood all over the flowers and dead bodies everywhere ruining the grass. That was the day he joined the league.... cause the League needs a Gardener.

Appearance:
An old man with a long beard wearing gardener cloths. His weapons are a hedge trimmer and a flower. He fires magic flowers.

Alternate skins:
Hippie Quinn
Beekeeper Quinn
The Lawnmower Quinn

Role: Support

Stats (base)
Attack range 450
Attack dmg 45
Attack spd 0.7
Health 457
Mana 300
Armor 10
Magic resist 16

Abilities:

Passive Gardener:
Quinn feels comfortable in the company of plants. Standing in a bush gives him 2/3/4/5 increased health and mana regeneration per second.

Q Bee Swarm:
Quinn holds a flower up into the air, starting to attract bees. Quinn channels for 3 seconds summoning 4 bees a second which will only target champions. Each bee deals 5/10/15/20/25 (+0.10) magic damage over 3 seconds and slows for 2% (bees stack with each other). The bees will start attacking all enemy champions within 300 AoE. If no champion is in range the bees will do one of the following three things:
-1. Bees will swarm to the nearest ally champion within 700 AoE that has Flower Armor (E) on him and will circle around him until the armor expires or an enemy comes in range
-2. If no ally is in range the bees will fly to the nearest Flower (W) within 600 AoE and circle around that one as long as the flower exists or until an enemy comes in range.
-3. If there are no flowers or champions in range the bees circle around Quinn until the channel ends and will then fly off (attacking no one).
Mana: 60/70/80/90/100
CD: 20/18/16/14/12

W Plant Flower
Quinn plants a flower within 100 AoE. The flower has 150 + (15 level) hp that lasts 12 seconds. It gives all allies within 500 AoE 10/15/20/25/30 bonus armor (only one flower at a time allowed). After Planting a flower Quinn may decide to recast the ability to explode the flower into spores (300 AoE) causing allergic reactions on enemy champions hit amplifying them by 60/70/80/90/100% against the damage of bees for 4 seconds. Spores will also be released upon the death of the flower.
Mana 50/65/80/95/110
CD: The cast has only a 1 second cooldown but Quinn generates only every 30 seconds a seed for a flower and can only carry around 3 seeds (similar to teemo)

E Flower Armor
Quinn convinces some flowers to grow on an ally protecting him from harm and healing his his wounds over 10 seconds. The ally gains additional 5/15/25/35/45 Magic resistance and heals 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.50ap) hp over the duration of the armor. Bees that protect the champion will have doubled their slow amount.
Mana: 60/80/95/110/125
CD: 15/12/10/8/6 seconds.

R Pacifying Pollination
Quinn blasts a huge area in a cone with spores which will blind and silence all enemies for 2 seconds rendering them unable to attack. The spores deal 200/300/450 (+ 0.40 ap) magic damage in a triangle shaped AoE (700 lenght 400 width). They also apply the same spore debuff like an exploding flower.
Mana 100/150/200
CD 140/120/100

Quotes:

"The summoners rift needs a Gardener"
"Working hard as a bee."
"That grass needs cutting."
"The grass is greener on MY side."
"Bzzzz... Dam bee! Go away!.... Are this your friends?... (more) Bzzzzz."
"Keepin' the bees busy."

Jokes:
"That hedge has grown quite a lot! Oh... Its my beard."
"Wanna some of my *special* grass?"

Taunt:
"Who stepped on my flowers?"
"Roses may look pretty but they have thorns too!"

Dance:
70's Twist

Laugh:
He laughs, coughs and spits out a bee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My champion Index with more stuff I made:

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=642403

Metzelmax

04-08-2012

Further Change Log:

Metzelmax

05-08-2012

Link does now work

Roc Kannon

06-08-2012

I like the interactions alongside his abilities as it suits the 'bee' concept.

I find E really strange, 5 MR is really unnoticeable in early game and the duration seems a little long which makes the heal too spread out. Does the cooldown start as soon as you cast it because at level 5 you can have 2 people with the armor, I'm not sure if this is intended.

Metzelmax

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Kannon View Post
I like the interactions alongside his abilities as it suits the 'bee' concept.

I find E really strange, 5 MR is really unnoticeable in early game and the duration seems a little long which makes the heal too spread out. Does the cooldown start as soon as you cast it because at level 5 you can have 2 people with the armor, I'm not sure if this is intended.
Is intended. 5 mr is the same amount as sonas aura gives, so... and the heal is actually only a really high health regen.

Roc Kannon

06-08-2012

Quote:
Is intended. 5 mr is the same amount as sonas aura gives, so... and the heal is actually only a really high health regen.
An aura affects the whole team though, why would you give a weak buff to a single target.

TheFabulousBardu

07-08-2012

I also have a concept for a beekeeper which is sort of alike, but, No-one would be interested so, In return, i give this.. Your champion is involving bee's but no honey, I reckon it needs honey..

overall, through my own concept and yourself, I feel you should use less utility, and more Bee Damage whilst channeling (be it an ult) should do a nunufiddle -esque return.

The looks of the person I feel belongs more to the Mushroom Kingdom.. I feel that the champion should be some sort of chibi-esque mushroom Yordle thing since you have continued with the idea's of spores for pollination. I think, Maybe, Take the bee's out and focus on blasting spores at people instead (Like Pressing B on SSBB as Ivysaur) I know that's kinda taking your champion apart, it's just my opinions and stuff Instead of channeling those bee's, You could be excreting poisonous fumes instead.

Anyway, summary, Focus harder on 1 part of a champion rather than being a Red Mage.. Red Mages suck imoofc

TheFabulousBardu

07-08-2012

I cannot see people Supporting bot with this champion concept as well. Their needs to be some sort of hard stun/snare/cc with the Q,W,E buttons, Well, That is just my opinion on what supports should have, (something to save the person/people you are supporting) so, think on that too,

Eiah

09-02-2013

I'am fed, 3 support in 1.5 months ? Are they serious ?

Metzelmax

09-02-2013

Nami, Thresh... who's the third?