Is Sona viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Hey, recently I decided to learn to play supports better since I'm already good at everything else.

I'm just wondering if I should bother buying Sona or not since I hardly ever see her in games lately, it leaves me wondering if she isn't that strong anymore?

TaXoRo

04-08-2012

She's very viable, kinda "sleeping op" imo sinces she does counter nunu which is getting very populair nowadays. She's great at harrasing and for good teammates. But honestly i gotta say that janna makes a better sona by maxing W instead of shield. Unless u want a AOE stun.

Try her with ezreal, corki and graves those are my favorit ad carrys with her.

Pichu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

sona has been a great champ earlier to support with, getting a high winrate. but tbh she got kinda nerfhammered hard. That way lets say try her if you like the playstyle and havent been playing her earlier she can be very viable and no1 will flame for taking sona...
But i just cant play her anymore, because it hurts too bad to know what she has been before nerfs.

Punikun

04-08-2012

Don't like her anymore since the nerf masses. Riot is trying to fix her right now but she's only a shadow of what she used to be.

As she is now, she only works against small range carries like sivir.

WarGod2123

04-08-2012

Gosu Pepper certainly thinks Sona is viable :L honestly I don't think she's any better or worse than a lot of supports, she can play aggressive or passive and benefits her team well, I'd definitely consider her viable.

forummetalsonic

04-08-2012

I dislike to play her, I don't play her anymore since the overnerf although it was my favorite support. If Riot don't fix her I still take other supports.

Rerdan

04-08-2012

She's viable and one of the stronger supports, yes. If you'd like to see her in action at competitive play stay tuned to Moscow Five games as their support plays a lot of Sona.

Arekk

04-08-2012

Viable yes. Lacks some on demand cc. Even with the reduced global cd still sucks to get an E fast which is lame anyway compared to Janna or Nunu slow. Not to mention hard cc like Leona or Taric. Even Lulu has great cc.
But still an ok pick.

SirCookieMonstyr

04-08-2012

Strange, I find Sona to be one of the bestter support picks at the moment, with the sustain supports getting nerfed into the ground and the AP ratios on the other supports having all but disappeared recently. As long as you know how to use her Power Chord (passive) and Q together you can harass people so much from the brush.

However, she requires a lot of experience to play, and her playstyle is very different compared to other support. She is really strong mid-game, especially if you run the right runes on her.

I honestly prefer her to any other support except Janna maybe. She scales really nicely into the game, unless your team falls behind quite a bit, and her auras and ultimate can easily change teamfights to your advantage. Knowing which aura to keep up and when to change, when to use Power Chord, will make or break your Sona.

Just take a look at Moscow 5's GoSu Pepper playing her recently; he makes Sona come alive. She is definitely not just a shadow of what she used to be, just different. Case in point; you need to know Sona quite well but she is worth it.

Azzanhur

04-08-2012

Yes, she's viable.

Faceroll the keyboard - you like? Get her.