AD carry role

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPACE BRUISER X

Member

03-08-2012

Hey.

Just started playing AD carry more often. So wondering if any main AD carries can give me a few pointers.

When you start out, would you just practice one champion (e.g. corki) until you feel pretty confident with him, or just play whoever is needed for the situation? Like instead of corki, going graves because you're versus a sustain lane.

And at start, just focus about farming? Or get really into position and all that.

thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omgizer

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Most important is positioning and right focus without exposing yourself, also make sure you kite enemy tanks if they try to chase you, no other way to deal with bruisers.
And another important thing that everyone does nowdays : If you fail, always blame your support, is how things goes.

GL & HF.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferocity Stacks

Senior Member

03-08-2012

It helps alot beeing good at one champion. But what will u do when that champion is banned in ranked?
I reccomend becoming good at some of them. Become good at those u like to play.

Items is all about the game. Standard carry items are IE, PD. Later items depends on the game itself.

Focus farming in lane phase. If the enemy can distract you long enough to loose too much lasthits can ruind the game. Try to poke them if there arent minions low health. Of coarse u get into the fight if champions are low health, or if u must flee due to aggressive play, which can result in ganks.

Support must help you staying safe and farm easily. Look for advantages in teamfights to nuke down quishy targets, like ap carry or ad carry. Most others will be more tanky. Always stay safe tho as you are the most dmg output in the team if you are farmed enough.

Good luck in ur carry role


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emerging Light

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Become a farmer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPACE BRUISER X

Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Kidney View Post
It helps alot beeing good at one champion. But what will u do when that champion is banned in ranked?
I reccomend becoming good at some of them. Become good at those u like to play.

Items is all about the game. Standard carry items are IE, PD. Later items depends on the game itself.

Focus farming in lane phase. If the enemy can distract you long enough to loose too much lasthits can ruind the game. Try to poke them if there arent minions low health. Of coarse u get into the fight if champions are low health, or if u must flee due to aggressive play, which can result in ganks.

Support must help you staying safe and farm easily. Look for advantages in teamfights to nuke down quishy targets, like ap carry or ad carry. Most others will be more tanky. Always stay safe tho as you are the most dmg output in the team if you are farmed enough.

Good luck in ur carry role
well yeah thanks. But I'm not new to the game, just new to the ad carry role. So I know what to buy and all that.
Was just wondering if I should start thinking about positioning right away or just become really good at farming. I mean atm I am "If my lane phase is good I'm happy if we lose or win".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kageryu

Senior Member

03-08-2012

1 advice: Keep an eye out for your supports Mana, and think about their CDs
A soraka that just healed you will take at least 15 secs till the next one, so keep cool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isslair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Advice from support:

1. If you have an early carry (Graves, Ez, Urgot etc.) BE aggresive.
I can't stress this enough. So many times I see people picking strong early carries and playing passively letting Vayne to freefarm (Vayne is a pushover in early game, you SHOULD shut her down early).

2. Don't be a slowpoke.
It happens a lot - when support tries to make plays and ADs just herpderp behind instead of jumping in and getting the kill. Pay attention to what support is doing.

3. Farm, farm, farm.
CS is the most important thing for carry. Missing whole wave just to harass enemy a little is not worth it.

4. Dodge dem skillshots!
It is really frustrating when AD is herping alot and gets blitz-grabbed every effing time. Most of skillshots are easy to dodge and predictable - so don't take free damage.

5. Don't push.
People lasthit for a reason. A pushed out lane is far easier to gank.

6. Learn when to push.
If the enemy is dead (or it is 2v1) - push lane quickly (while grabbing every CS). You want enemy tower to steal those creeps before enemy returns.

7. Learn to pick targets.
Most of the time you should prioritize carry in botlane-fights. But in real teamfights you try to stand as far back as possible and kill whoever is closer to you. Charging in to hit the carry is a job for bruisers\tanks. Better to kill dat Irelia quickly then change target.

8. Farm, farm, farm.
You should always be farming. Even after losing a lane or facing a tough matchup you would be able to pick up CS. So don't waste your effort on trying to fight with stronger foe - spend it on getting lasthits.

You won't believe how many "I main AD carry, I am stronk"-dudes can't follow these simple guidelines.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BelgianBastard

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Start playing the easier ad carries first, caitlyn is perfect to learn to play ad carry. She is a very safe long ranged carry and can dish out a fair amount of dmg when fed / farmed. Not as much as most carries but still "ok".

Try to learn how to farm first, then how to combine farming with positioning and then try to learn to counter harass. For instance, watch when your minions are low and when the enemy ad goes for a lasthit harass him. He won't be able to harass back with most ad carries.

As ad all you do is farm farm farm and then faceroll the enemy team, if you are not farming you should be pushing objectives with the team.

Most important thing to do in teamfights is to stay back, it doesn't matter if you cant reach their carries, you should deal enough dmg to even melt their tanks and then rape their carries.

Other then that its A LOT of practise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPACE BRUISER X

Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isslair View Post
Advice from support:

1. If you have an early carry (Graves, Ez, Urgot etc.) BE aggresive.
I can't stress this enough. So many times I see people picking strong early carries and playing passively letting Vayne to freefarm (Vayne is a pushover in early game, you SHOULD shut her down early).

2. Don't be a slowpoke.
It happens a lot - when support tries to make plays and ADs just herpderp behind instead of jumping in and getting the kill. Pay attention to what support is doing.

3. Farm, farm, farm.
CS is the most important thing for carry. Missing whole wave just to harass enemy a little is not worth it.

4. Dodge dem skillshots!
It is really frustrating when AD is herping alot and gets blitz-grabbed every effing time. Most of skillshots are easy to dodge and predictable - so don't take free damage.

5. Don't push.
People lasthit for a reason. A pushed out lane is far easier to gank.

6. Learn when to push.
If the enemy is dead (or it is 2v1) - push lane quickly (while grabbing every CS). You want enemy tower to steal those creeps before enemy returns.

7. Learn to pick targets.
Most of the time you should prioritize carry in botlane-fights. But in real teamfights you try to stand as far back as possible and kill whoever is closer to you. Charging in to hit the carry is a job for bruisers\tanks. Better to kill dat Irelia quickly then change target.

8. Farm, farm, farm.
You should always be farming. Even after losing a lane or facing a tough matchup you would be able to pick up CS. So don't waste your effort on trying to fight with stronger foe - spend it on getting lasthits.

You won't believe how many "I main AD carry, I am stronk"-dudes can't follow these simple guidelines.

thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPACE BRUISER X

Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgskuh View Post
Start playing the easier ad carries first, caitlyn is perfect to learn to play ad carry. She is a very safe long ranged carry and can dish out a fair amount of dmg when fed / farmed. Not as much as most carries but still "ok".

Try to learn how to farm first, then how to combine farming with positioning and then try to learn to counter harass. For instance, watch when your minions are low and when the enemy ad goes for a lasthit harass him. He won't be able to harass back with most ad carries.

As ad all you do is farm farm farm and then faceroll the enemy team, if you are not farming you should be pushing objectives with the team.

Most important thing to do in teamfights is to stay back, it doesn't matter if you cant reach their carries, you should deal enough dmg to even melt their tanks and then rape their carries.

Other then that its A LOT of practise.
good stuff is good


12