Champion has more than 50% Win, MUST BE OP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Seriously you guys are so stupid.

How can you say a champion is op just because they have more than 50% wins?
What champion is designed to play not to win? (not including the reworked twitch)
What if x players are more skilled than x players? (e.g. Someone who mains Lee Sin, is likely to be more skilled than some scrub who mains Master Yi)
What is x champion is being played a lot to counter pick a fotm?

There are so many variables I could go on forever. my point is unless they have something ridiculous like 80% win percentage, you cannot judge how OP a champion is using this method.

Felanis

03-08-2012

Lee sin on plat elo has below 40% winrate, better buff lee pls Riot.

BEST ZED EU

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Akuma View Post
Seriously you guys are so stupid.

How can you say a champion is op just because they have more than 50% wins?
What champion is designed to play not to win? (not including the reworked twitch)
What if x players are more skilled than x players? (e.g. Someone who mains Lee Sin, is likely to be more skilled than some scrub who mains Master Yi)
What is x champion is being played a lot to counter pick a fotm?

There are so many variables I could go on forever. my point is unless they have something ridiculous like 80% win percentage, you cannot judge how OP a champion is using this method.
LOL again the noob tard posts champions that have over 55 % are overpowered LOL not overe 50 % u dont get it hahahah no champ schould have more then 55 % othervise its definetli that the champ needs newrf or tweaks

22lazy

03-08-2012

Yeah skill is a variable. But there are enough champs to compare skill caps with and see what the win rate is. But variables or not if the win rates are usually 48-52% for all champions, if someone has a 60% win rate then they're obviously broken.

PulseSUI

03-08-2012

winrate is a terrible way to judge the performance of a champion.
the sample size we have is far to small and there are far faaaaar to many variables to make any kind of final call.

i could bring up the a other game that balances by winrate and is quite successfull with it.
but we are talking about a sample size of up to 500k games per entity with close to 200 data-entitys in the game that are weighted to each other and cleaned out of spikes.

just to put in to perspective of what i am talking about here: the final sheet, without any calculation on it, is a excel sheet with 25329 characters for the EU server alone.

now, with that much data that was properly prepared, we can say that the entity that has 52.15% winrate is significantly better then a entity that has 48.57% winrate.

if you have THAT much data, you can actualy make a informed decision on the performance of a game entity by winrate.

but, and i am sorry to say, the **** the lolking provides is worthless.
the samplesize is to small and there are far to many variables.
just look at, for example, Sejuani and tell me that the stastistics they provides are not utterly flucked and flawed, a statistic that shows a champions winrate be at 45% at one day and, without any changes to the game, at over 63% and back down to 47% the next day is utterly useless.

and it is not just Sejuani, looking at Ashe, wich is one of the most played champions currently, you can see jumps of 5% from one day to the other and that one a sample size that is more then 10 times bigger then Sejuanis.

you can not judge the performance based on such statistics it simply does not work that way.