The fastest way to get xp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0Lforlife

31-07-2012

now if you have a 15 minute game in dominion (350-0) then you get average 80 xp
but if you win a 20 minute game (surrender) summoners rift you get average 105 xp
but if you have a 30-35 minute game in sommonersrift you get avereage 110 xp
so 2 games dominion 160 xp (35 minutes)
1 game summoners rift 110 xp (30-35 minutes)
so in my opinion if you like dominion and want fast xp you should play dominion
if you want more ip you should play summoners rift

Note if you lose you get less xp and ip (always)

Bonecrusher93

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

31-07-2012

You should incorporate that the dominion queue is way longer than in SR. I won a couple of dominion games on lower summoner level and suddenly got a 20 minute queue :O.

So if you play decent it might not be the fastest way.

Greets,
Bonecrusher

DiscworldDeath

31-07-2012

Most people don't end in smurf-detection land, so don't suffer this fate.

WireFrost

31-07-2012

wat

VyseFear

01-08-2012

in dominion i dont even kills minions. makes no sense ^^

RopeDrink

01-08-2012

Played 2440 games of Dominion in total on this single account. I estimate about 85% of those games have been on a queue-time average between 20s - 2mins.

Queues for me escalate for specific reasons:

a) I'm having an all-nighter and trying to find games at 4-6am in the morning while the world is snoozing (Not enough people signing up).
b) I'm in a premade (<< This is variable because matchmaking does funny things to queue times depending on Elo differences between premade players etc)
c) Higher Elo = Higher Queues

I'm your average 2100-2200 Dominion Elo player - People who comment on the queue times are typically those ranked at about 2200+ which doesn't apply to me - It's a bit depressing when you hear that people with much higher Elo's than mine either resort to smurfing, or actually encourage lowering their Elo's purely because the higher Elo queue times are unbareable for them.

As for the topic, Dominion, to me, has been my primary source of IP - I was level 30 looooong before Dominion was released but I don't doubt that Dominion is certainly a better XP investment than SR, due to SR having, by default, longer games (Surrender mark in SR is about the same time a Dominion match ends [Dom = 7-22min, SR = 20-60+min].

So, in the time an average, unsurrendered SR game is over, someone like me at my Elo will have squeezed in two, maybe even three, games of Dominion in that time (The difference depending on queue times).

I sit, on average, at about 20-30k IP constantly - It just rockets up through Dominion spam which I assume would be the case for XP as well - SR games do feel more 'rewarding' due to offering bigger numbers at the end if you get a positive result, but this is typically dependant on it NOT being a surrend and it being your average hour long match. I don't see the point in opting for this for IP or XP when I can enjoy the faster paced and shorter Dominion map instead and win/lose three of those within the space of one SR.

kyunni

14-01-2013

I'm your average 2100-2200 Dominion Elo player

^
Didn't know there was Ranked Dominion o_o

Tomtenissén

23-02-2013

Hidden raiting =)

ironferas

20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyunni View Post
I'm your average 2100-2200 Dominion Elo player

^
Didn't know there was Ranked Dominion o_o
There isnt -.-

Azginporsuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

21-07-2013

then suddenly 2300elo