League of Legends PVE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForgottenTheOne

29-07-2012

Hi all.

I know that there was plenty of topics about this but i think that people can't explain what they had on minds.

Firstly i'll explain that PVE isn't playing vs Bots in kinda same type of game (like here Co-op vs AI, or Counter-Strike vs Bots)
Secondly i don't think that so-called "tower defence" or type like this would be good, and i'm not talking about this here.

Now let me explain what i was talking about.

I was thinking about making/putting something like campaign into League of Legends. It would look like few maps would be created in type of single player or co-op and it would explain some of conflict between Demacia and Noxus. For example we would take campaign of Demacia and we would have few objectives like "Claim mine" and suddenly something happens (for example spy or whatever) and we have to defend it, because minions with bombs or bad boss-like champ is coming to kill us/destroy castle. (not every map need to end with boss). Most important thing would be that items, level and skills we would take from map to map (in single player campaign because in co-op it would be stand-alone missions).

I think that it's explained good enough. What do you think about it?

ThanatosVI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-07-2012

Kinda cool to have a game like this with our beloved LoL champions.
However its way too much effort needed to create something like this , that it would ever happen.

Padsoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-07-2012

I'd love to see some unstressed PvE in the game. If we could see what the lore of the League is, that'd be really great. I don't really think a campaign in co-op would work, but it'd be good even in singleplayer mode.
Even some kind of infinite survival mode, where enemies come in waves and players have to defend against them would be appreciated (of course enemies should have varying abilities so it's not only "pick all carries and right-click", because some hit very hard and need to be kited, some could reduce healing received etc).

Retromancer

29-07-2012

How would you incorporate items and leveling into this? And since it would revolve around Noxus and Demacia, that includes 20 champions at most to be in the storyline.

It's a great idea, but either leave out most of the champion and thus the lore, or include all the champions and make the explanations so brief that it wouldn't explain much. Otherwise it would have to be a whole different game, since it would be a few gigabytes minimum. Also if you want an explanation about some current events, the Runeterran newspaper offers a bounty of stories.

Padsoldier

29-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retromancer View Post
How would you incorporate items and leveling into this? And since it would revolve around Noxus and Demacia, that includes 20 champions at most to be in the storyline.

It's a great idea, but either leave out most of the champion and thus the lore, or include all the champions and make the explanations so brief that it wouldn't explain much. Otherwise it would have to be a whole different game, since it would be a few gigabytes minimum. Also if you want an explanation about some current events, the Runeterran newspaper offers a bounty of stories.
It can be done that way, that you don't receive gold and XP at all, but ending missions levels you up or gives you items (maybe you can even choose from 2-5 items).

For adding all champions: some champions do not have a part in the lore at all, so they aren't needed. I'm also concerned about the maps and the size increase.

MD Erebus

29-07-2012

What about a survival style game mode, like Horde(GOW) or Firefight(Halo: ODST)? IP bonuses get higher for each completed wave, tower upgrades perhaps? Purchasable defences/upgrades? i.e you have to sacrifice your build for defence; gives a new role to the support.

You can roll solo or matchmake, or play premade. I think this would add replay value and give people something different to farm IP with; people don't have to get mad playing with crappy teammates who ruin their experience; instead they get to fly solo and still get a decent amount of IP.

Thoughts?

~Deist

Burnzy

29-07-2012

A kind of survival mode, where you have to fight off waves of minions and other enemys sounds fun to me

Rqp

30-07-2012

sounds unlinky, it will take too much effort and time.

I rather have a single-quick story mode where you don't fight at all except few tutorials and when you are done you get to choose a free 450 ip champion as well as get your 400 rp (instead of when you reach 5).

This mode should explain the main story-line fast enough and will match you a champion randomly. Basicly you can go with either demacia or noxus side, and you will get a suitable champion for each side - with the exception of unrelated champions that will be playable on both sides but u still have to get them randomly.

This way you will be able to understand the lore very quickly, see the trailer-movie, get free champion and rp and go through tutorial fast and fun

Forgot to mention the combined mode will be included from the 2 first tutorials and a last-fight tutorial which will allow you to understand lore and be long enough and challenging enough (maybe let us choose the bots lvl of gameplay) so we can repeat it for very low ip (and we can choose from purple = noxus or blue = demacia sides)

Rerdan

30-07-2012

Sounds cool. Who knows in the future..

ForgottenTheOne

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retromancer View Post
I was placing Demacia and Noxus as example Leveling and items - First Leveling: U get experience for each killed creature/minion, but gaining of exp would be reduced. Items you'd get from quests/tresure chests and u couldn't buy items in shops (in shops if they'd even exist there'd be potions, elixirs some kind of scrolls.). Of course maximum capacity would be 6 items and u take (from quests/tresure chests) items that your kind of champ needs.

Quote:
There could be included more campaigns, or stand-alone maps (for example Vladimir's lore we could show in one map or something. Nunu could be explained as kid walking with his father in mountains and his father is killed by blizzard and we find powerful yeti etc.) "Journal of Justice" i was reading from beginning and since last issue i'm missing some action in LoL, that's why i was thinking about some kind of campaign. Anyway... it doesn't have to be campaign, but as i said - stand-alone maps that covers most important facts about champions lore.