[Janna] @Riot: Howling Gale

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dörr

08-12-2010

Janna's Howling Gale have in my eyes been the best CC in game for quite a while. With the low mana cost, good range, and effectiveness it's just a great spell.

But it seems that this spell is rather to good in Riots eyes.
For those of you that have played Janna a while i'm sure you can't have missed this so called ''Bug'' or what i'm starting to belive is something Riot have ignored while in secret trying to balance her some (Partvise a joke)

When you are about to cast a fast howling gale, aka a howling gale you place out just to release the split second after to disable an oponent or aid a hunt, the spell tends to bug.

When this bug appears there are three major thing that can happen:

1: Your howling gale EFFECT goes of but there is no animation (The spell does dmg and knock the oponents into the air and you are happy, yet the animation is gone)

2: Same as above but now the animation is there but it goes in the wrong direction. (You aim north and the EFFECT goes north and you hit your target. Yet the animation goes south just looking like you aim like an idiot)

3: Nothing happens..Your Howling Gale goes into cooldown and it drains mana but nothing happens. No animation, no effect, no nothing.

When this number 3 bug appear it can be really devistating as a Howling Gale alone can be enough to save you and your team from a hunting team.
Howling Gale is really good and in the right situation is can be REALLY life saving. When this bug appears it ruin your life as a suporter as you can't guard your team as you should.

This bug is nothing new as it have been around from before SS1. The reson i choose to take it up now rather then before is that i haven't thought it matterd to mutch.
It have made me fail a save or two over like 300 games but who cares..

But last night it happend twice in a row while i was playing a ranked game..And it gave the enemy team First blood+one more kill.

I beg of thee, fix this bug for me and happy i'll be.

Ps: I made a short thread where i mentioned this bug in the bug report forum but it seems like it went stone dead there.

Edit 21-03-2011: I played some ranked last night and were a victim for the nr3 bug 5 times over 4 matches. ..Riot please, fix this..

Cheers
Sawy-Janna player.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	janna_by_acorns-d3bobuf.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	21640  

Talespinner

08-12-2010

What sort of idiot would thumbs down this?

The man is not asking to buff or nerf anything. He's not making a claim of objective fact based on subjective opinion. He's not attacking other players or breaking any rules.

What he IS doing is trying to draw attention to a bug in the game that have been ignored for as long as I've played. How can I load up a topic like this a find his post with two thumbs down?

You people seriously need to prioritize your frustrations. If you're angry and pissed and think a champion is overpowered or easy-mode or whatever then post in one of the gazillion subjective flame-fests on these boards. Knock yourself out.

But stay the frack away from the few posts that addresses topics objectively and based on facts.

@Sawy: I may not particularly fancy your obsession with Janna or your tendency to sometimes bring her into discussions where she has nothing to do but I have the utmost respect for your intelligence and your ability to address a topic objectively when needed. Therefore this bump and an attempt to remove some of the thumbs-down. /tiphat

ToN

08-12-2010

Seems to happen with all sorts of projectiles, such as javalin toss and boomerang blade just like you say, sometimes you can't see it but it hits other times you can but it doesn't strange :/

Project Insanity

08-12-2010

I've seen 2 happen to loads of players, and it kinda made me lol at the time, "where are they throwing that whirlwind for god's sake? noob lmao! "

Thanks for clearing that up at least. Hope they actually see this and fix it, along with pantheons aegis bug, sometimes it bugs through walls and leaves you on th wrong side, sometimes it just doesn't stun and you had a really clear shot. If you're going to make a champion (so called, not my exact opionion) 'OP'd' like that, don't bug him to nerf him, nerf him and keep the consistency up, please.

Dörr

08-12-2010

I think the hate towards Janna players makes peoples thumb this down.

Also those who disslike me wich lately seems to be more then few....

Talespinner

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawy View Post
You're a zealot and people tend to dislike zealots. Hell, I don't particularly like you. I respect you though, even though I may not share your taste or opinion, because you've never, unlike most of the other people on these boards, given me a reason to believe you're not capable of rational thought or intelligent debate.

The trend of down-voting just because you don't like the poster or disagree with his personal opinions is bugging me. The function is intended to let the forum users flag spam, trolling and flaming, not as a nifty tool to let them vent their infantile frustrations.

PS: Bump for riot attention

Shawn Corey

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawy View Post
I think the hate towards Janna players makes peoples thumb this down.

and you really care : / ?

I think Thumbs up/down just depends on the mood and the point of view.
When you have for example an idea bout a change of ability X of champion Y they will downvote it.
No matter what, also if the down/up vote stuff isnt made for this. Only cuz you dont share the same opinion is no reason to downvote.

But whatever, i also like janna due to you :>

thanks!

b2t: never had that bug btw.

Dörr

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Corey View Post
and you really care : / ?

But whatever, i also like janna due to you :>

thanks!

b2t: never had that bug btw.
Well it's starting to get anoying that whenever you post a thread there will be some who just downvote it due to the poster name..

And the bug normaly only appears when i do a really fast cast on HG..I more or less Press Q, left mouse click and at close to the same 0.01 sec after i left click i press Q agian..Well meybe not 0.01 but you get the idea.

I started to use my Signature due to the fact that there were so few Janna players around and i felt lonely. I wanted more Janna players to show up on the community and in game so i could get some more peoples to compare my build/experince with.

Seing that some champs were overpopulated and the dicussions went wildly around them i thought Janna were left outside.

An other reson i wanted more Janna popularity was actually to boost the efforts in the art team to get the first Janna skin. For you who don't remeber, Janna were one of the last 3 champs to get her first skin (Together with Singed+Udyr if i'm not mistaken).

My Signature is also what makes some belive Janna is my all. That i only know how to play Janna etc. Others think i'm just some random kid who wants to have some sort of Signature.

But the reson were to get more attention towards Janna and aperently it worked.
You can think w/e you like but the goal is achived.
There are now alot more Janna players out there and she have not only got one but two skins after that point where i started to use the signature.
The trolls can go on and copy my signature in their own way to laugh but i really don't care as i have gotten what i wanted and i'm just happy that the community have open their eyes for Janna.

Cheers
Sawy

Kukuruz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

Kk =))

Cheers
DoBa7a - Evelynn player

Opus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

Sawys signature is a way to blow of some steam and show some uniqueness, we need an upgraded forum with search function, signatures and/or avatars or else everybody gonna copy him.

As to the bug I have witnessed it myself the fact that there is no animation. It bothers me to not see the tornado when I run away, It makes it impossible to dodge it. As I havent played too much Janna I havent seen it from that perspective but I can imagine it to be bothersome.

Janna is a strong champ. Even after the nerf she is not low tier, she is highly playable still. I do think she might have been too good at some point but only if grouped together with high dmg carry. She was/is ther best babysitter in game.

I think Sawy can claim to be the OP of somewhat 90% of Janna threads lately. You have done your job, Janna is no longer underpopulated on the forums alongside "Nerf Panth!" and "Rework Eve!" threads.

12345 ... 7