Jax - AP, AD or Hybrid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlaBlokeBreakBra

07-12-2010

Can jax-pro tell me the pro and con of all of them above?

I was thinking of "converter hybrid".

Start off tear of godess - stack 2 rod of ages - huge amount of mana - then get manabune and archangel - huge amount of mana will convert huge amount of ap and ad - convert into hp, and then get atoms impaler, to convert hp into ad... will this work?

ps - does as/ap work well?

Stonekeep

Recruiter

07-12-2010

Archangel + Manamune on Jax? No, just no. So much mana wasted.

I'd go with standard build, Ninja Tabi, Guinsoo's, Trinity Force, Rylai's / Frozen Mallet.

BlaBlokeBreakBra

07-12-2010

how about stack rod of ages, would it work?

also which one would be better? rylai or hextech gun blade?

ToN

07-12-2010

hextech revolver and later gunblade is incredible on him since all his skills are spammable magic damage your healing is literally over 9000, given his passive it also gives him a ton of HP

Stonekeep

Recruiter

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaBlokeBreakBra View Post
how about stack rod of ages, would it work?
Personally I don't think so, but you can give it a try... Stacking RoA would make his normal hits weak due to lack of AD, wasting AS boost from ulti.

Quote:
also which one would be better? rylai or hextech gun blade?
Both are good, but it depends for what. Gunblade is good "overall" item, it gives you nice chunk of AD + AP, lifesteal and spellvamp. Rylais however has HP boost for surv and - what's most important - slow. Jax doesn't have any slowing skill, only his stun, which isn't reliable (you need to dodge before stunning, running enemy doesn't hit you = no dodges). Rylais will make your every spell (including empower I guess) proc slow, Frozen Mallet will make your every normal hit slow (it's up to you which you pick).

But well, I'm not "pro-jax-player", tbh played only couple of matches with him and only in 5v5.

UltraLazor

08-12-2010

boots, guinsoo, hextech, either rylai or frozen mallet.

I even like Nashor's tooth, that CDR is kinda awesome.

Robwobwobwobwob

08-12-2010

i love jax to play with guinsoos sword of divine and im just backdooring turrets with attackspeed 2.2
and ofc ninja tabi / merc treads.

Stonekeep

Recruiter

08-12-2010

Sword of the Divine is overkill on Jax IMO. I mean, it's kinda good in 1v1 situation vs other melee where you just stand and hit yourself (and noone would be that stupid to go vs Jax like that, unless fed) = proc your ulti dmg often.

But in normal situation most of your DPS comes from abilities, which are boosted by AD & AP, not AS. You should focus on AD / AP items, you don't need extra AS, as your passive (+rageblade if you have one) gives you enough. With awesome AS and almost no AP / AD, you won't do much.

Teemo Greyjoy

08-12-2010

go ninja tabi / guinsoos / trinity / bloodthirsters XD and spamm the leap strik for around 800 dmg!

or you can go hybrid.

Ferrum de Virtus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

I say: Stack Hextech Gunblades. You will be the biggest lifesteal offtank out there!