Smartcast indicators

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleD ToxiCK

27-07-2012

I've seen many threads in this forum, but I have yet read anything about the brilliant feature called "smartcast indicators". Basically it makes it so, that when you smartcast, you can hold the key to display a range circle or line missile indicator. After that, you can right click to cancel the ability, or release the key to fire it off.

I started using this and it just helps me firing off spells fast, while giving me the indicator if I need to land a precision shot (like Blitz's grab). I use it on every of my spells now, and really made my gameplay a whole lot faster.

For those who want to try it out, you can find the "smartcast indicator" option in the "more options" menu iirc.

So who uses this already, and did it improve your gameplay?? Discuss! ^^

Smartcast ALL the keys!

CyberRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2012

If it's release shift to cancel, I am totally for this.

Volsung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2012

I used smartcast before this came about, and I have to say it's much slower than regular smartcast. I turned the feature on and felt like I was lagging. Every ability went of so slow that the game was almost unplayable.

Just bind smartcast to QWER after you get used to spell ranges and you'll realise how annoying this is.

Zeronics

27-07-2012

How does this differ so much from regular ability casting? it just means you have to hold a button down instead of clicking a target.

I just bound the skills to all smartcast on QWER, have to say it made me a much smoother and aggressive player, especially with a combo orientated champion like Leblanc

Malta BabY

27-07-2012

It's good for Veigar's stun since that one almost impossible to land properly with smartcast only

Purple Minion

27-07-2012

I always used regular smart cast. I tried the smart cast range indicators and it's just awful, it's so slow. It completely misses the point of smart casting, which is casting faster.

Svetimasx

27-07-2012

Regular smart casts are faster than indicators imo, and anyways i have been always using smartcasts. For those who are afraid to use regular smart casts i recommend smartcast indicator to get used to it/

Syrox1

27-07-2012

wow, this game is already dumbed down to the max, and know it's even too much to ask if you idiots have to know the range of your spells

this must be a joke

Syrox1

27-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malta BabY View Post
It's good for Veigar's stun since that one almost impossible to land properly with smartcast only
haahaha

Morticoccus

27-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malta BabY View Post
Not at all, you only need to imagine the circle around your mouse pointer. Event Horizon is probably the HARDEST skillshot to miss with in the entire game, because the circle covers so much ground that you can land it to the side or back of the enemy and have him run right into it, it's just like lining up Kog's living artillery but easier.

The only hard skillshots are those like Ezreal's Q and Blitzcrank's rocket grab that can hit minions and go dud. And those are only hard to land if the opponent knows you are there.