What to do when losing your lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remos the Baron

27-07-2012

I am sure that all of us sometimes get totally pwned in lane by enemy. All what people generally do, is flame that: "Don't feed noob omg".

This generic line realy doesn't help anyone. And I would like to hear advice from you. And please use wider vocabluary than then generic line I mentioned.

I try to learn laneing. But in my elo I am almost always forced to jungle or support. And thus my laneing skills have degraded too much. And now I have to relearn every champion I use for laning. When I get snowballed it is not that hard. But what to do when the oppsing player is way better than me? Get protection as AD ranged carry? Turret hug with gold per sec items at top?

xBarbaro

27-07-2012

in top lane it depends dude.... im a top lane player but i only play ad champs for now, like riven, renek, irelia, and so on.

agressive champions u see? when i get owned and give my enemy first blood, (when im too excited ) i dont hug my tower, i farm passively till i get the right oportunity to kill him, or i ask for a gank.

as ad if u have nice support just play passivelly and sometimes give some hits to ur enemy, if ur with ashe ult him and kill

Flayd

27-07-2012

what I do, is sometimes gank other lane. it might be not so nice, but I simply try to ks the gank, so I can get a few kills and retain on my own lane. then when I'm into the game, at teamfights I let others get kills, so we all get a bit even.

it actually worked for me quite alot of times.

iTzMeMariio

Recruiter

27-07-2012

i always own the lane, but when i don't, i play defensive

Siren Lullaby

27-07-2012

In my opinion the most important part is to try and not die. Once my game was ruind dramatically when I played Riven top so I was forced to towerhug and get an early Heart of gold. We tryed to gank the other guy but he was too powerful even for me and my jungler. In the end I lost my turret and tons of farm, but the other team did so many mistakes which made us win. Alot of people would say I was 'useless' but in the end I was the one jumping the ad carry and forcing the focus.

I would say, if u feel like ur counterpart is stronger than u, u should be defensive - ask for ganks and try to get as many minions as possible. Important note is however, that you can make up for it in teamfights

SilentK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2012

Playing defensive means that even if u do a lot of damage to the enemy champion, you simply do not focus too much on him, definetly not ignore him, but close to that, just go on farming, and for that a sustain item works fine (phil stone, wich is also a nice gp/5)

Since top laners are usually tanky, making a heart of gold is a great investment, altough it depends on what champion you are playing, being a top laner you are expected to be a bit tanky, therfore making a randuin's later is not a bad idea, hence making a early HoG can help a bit (with its extra HP)

* If u are really getting stomped, phil+hog (if ur champ uses mana), then hp+respective counter resistance (mres or armor), and then make an atma´s later on, since building that much hp will, you might as well make the atma's (more tanky) and some damage for all that investment.

*Note: the * is my tactic in solo queue, since if i want to gank mid cuze im losing my lane, means im behind in farm/items, so i won't be killing anything alone, forcing me to trust the lane i want to gank (usually mid), and i really don't like trusting random guys... but that depends on you reading your own team mate and making sure you say what you wanna do, IE: "im gonna go in once i ping, ok?"

Diablous76

27-07-2012

If i get totally pwned in lane, I often try to focus on farming and stack dorans baldes or rings, since they will help u to survive early on. Added to that, I try to play passive, farm under the tower to avoid eating much damage and force my enemy to overextend, so my jungler can gank quiet well.

Chase Young

Recruiter

28-07-2012

If you have a jungler, try to get him to focus your lane more for ganks etc =)

Napstedcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-07-2012

I dont always lose my lane, but when i do
I flame the jungler!

ZombiefiedCow

28-07-2012

Try to freeze the lane near ur tower and dont trade the enemey dont even touch him!
if he is missing or he went to base u should push the lane and go back or try to counterjungle or
even try to gank

basically try to farm save and dont get ganked so the enemy doesnt snowball more!