Lag issues, fps and latency.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giomanach

25-07-2012

hi thank you for looking at my post.
lately my league of legends has been acting strange.
at first i noticed a fps problem.

my normal fps is about 60-70, with frame rate cap on stable and all video settings on very high.
about 2 weeks ago my fps suddenly dropped to 10 max.
it would not go any higher.
i had to set all settings to very low, in order to maintain a playable 60 fps.

the next problem i encountered was that even with all my settings on very low, my fps became 30-40 max, i have no idea what caused it.

then today i noticed my ping (which normaly is about 26-32) jumping to 106 and staying there, not going any lower or higher.

EDIT: my ping is fixed, just the servers, but my fps problems are getting bigger and bigger..

i get sudden fps drops dropping from 60 fps to 32 for about 1 second, which can be insane annoying.

i checked if i had the right drivers installed for my video card.
i checked if other games had any problems, but it still plays skyrim at max quality and speed, and i think skyrim asks a lot more then LoL.

im out of options, ive got no idea whats causing this.

any help would make my day <3

Gr Gio.

DrCzeslaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-07-2012

You still can use repair tool in lol launcher options. Had the same problem in first game after one of riot patches and running repair fixed it.

iSarain

26-07-2012

Yeah I have the same problem. Tried to use the repair option but that didn't work for me.

Giomanach

26-07-2012

im running the repair option now, hope it works, any other options readers have in mind please share! not sure if it would work for me.
i know a lot of people are having this problem, and i hope we can find a couple of solutions
thanks in advance!
and ofcourse thanks for your help

Giomanach

30-07-2012

BUMP didn't work, its really starting to annoy me....can't do anything about it.

Giomanach

31-07-2012

couldn't play yesterday night cause my lol is unplayable at 5-10 fps with everything on very low, and no other programs active.
so... BUMP

gorbszn

31-07-2012

you have to check your windows energy-settings in system control. by default its "balanced", but you should change it to "always performance"-mode (idk what its named in english win7 because im a german user but you will surely find it).
it seems that Windows doesnt trigger to "performance" automatically on some ("high end")-computers while playing LoL because of the recent fps improvements in the last patches. my theory is that the LoL-hardware-requirements went down and the Windows energy management finds LoL too "light" for using the performance mode and wants to save power instead.

mastrgenocidest

01-08-2012

^ doesnt work on my pc. i changed my settings all to low, repaired my game, closed down all other programs running in the background and disabled sound and shadows completely, set my windows setting to performance and still my fps struggles to stay above 20 in teamfights. I play bf3, crysis 1 and 2 and skyrim (and used to play league of legends) all on the highest settings without a single bit of latency on my pc but since theses recent "fps improvements" have come in all i seem to find is that they have taken a drastic nose dive and are currently making league of legends near impossible to play enjoyably.
my pc = http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FS-210-OK
really riot? this machine cant play league of legends?

Giomanach

01-08-2012

i have set it on high performance now, ill soon edit this post to let you know if it worked, thanks in advance!

EDIT: still getting problems, more frequently now even, fps jumping to 20-30 with everything on very low and then going even further down to 10 fps, still unable to play like this.

Giomanach

01-08-2012

i have deleted most useless programs on my pc and im reinstalling league of legends, hope it will help although i doubt it.