IP farm bots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bahamutstevetff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-07-2012

hello, i played a bot game to test zyra, and this warwick was on our team.

he did not speak at all during the game, all he did was walk down the lane, auto attack the first enemy he saw (min or champ) untill he died no attempt to fight, he did this all through a 40 minute game (they got pretty fed ) untillwe got mid inhib down, he just walk up to the inhibitor and stopped moving all together (good bait for ultimates though)

I also noticed that every item he bought was a random crit item, so after game, to the tribunal, he just looks like a really really bad player.

I believe that these are bots designed to just play game, and gain IP for the player constantly, and as its vs bots, people like me will come along and carry them despite, its pretty abusive and i dont see much talk about it.

hero R4idenZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-07-2012

Maybe it's just a new player?
You should check his match history and see if he does that constantly with the same build and same champion.

I remember that my first games were just massacre, no farm no logic, respawn -> kill/die -> respawn -> kill/die: repeat for 30/40 mins.

Uncommon Dandy

25-07-2012

Bot games are where new players start out. You will see some hilarious sh!t there if you keep doing bot games.

Sash08

25-07-2012

I've also seen this behaviour some time ago. And I can tell you that they are no 'bad or new players' based on their patterns. They just did the same thing over and over again.

In my case it was an anivia going mid, she just went mid (always to the exact same spot), attacked the nearest creeps, didn't fought back when the enemy bot engaged, died and then just went back to mid to auto-attack. He didn't level any skills and in my case he didn't buy any items (maybe they improved the program?).

Next time someone sees this, they need to send a ticket to support, so they can figure out which program is used for this and ban it or something.

ManateesRevenge

25-07-2012

This is caused by the leaver buster.
Basically back in the day when Co Op got released people used a bot that would only move slightly in base so that the summoner would not be disconnected, the bots were much easier then (basically if you can 1v5 the custom bots now you could 1v5 the old Co Op bots then).
Everyone was happy + the 4v5 made the bots a little more fun IMO.

I am guessing though that some of these bot farmers actually discovered that they had lost some games (probably having 2 or more bot farmers in the same game can leave the less experienced players who are actually tring new champs in a bind) decided why not just take this to normals because a loss in normals will generate more IP than a loss in Co Op.

This happened and people started to complain (rightfully so) and basically you have to do more than just move in order to be considered in game you have to actually participate (do/take damage).

So now they have created a new bot and unlike b4 when it stayed out of the way and let us win 4v5 vs bots it now feeds them in order to show its participation in the game making this task a little more difficult.

Has been awhile since I have seen a bot farmer though.