Why is Veigar is underplayed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madoggpwner

23-07-2012

Just a bit confused as to why Veigar is so underplayed? He has been my go-to champ since I first got the game & admittedly it took my a little while to get the hang of him, but now I'm able to play him well he is so strong! As long as they have one or two squishies or an AP carry, I find that I get super fed 90% of the time. Just now I managed to go 22/3 vs a rather tanky team and its prompted to me to wonder what reasons he isn't a favoured champion.
I understand his early game is difficult in mid (at least it seems so when compared with others) but it just requires more concentration from what I can tell. The second you get a dfg you have the ability to 100%-0 any relatively squashable champ in a matter of seconds, is this playstyle not appealing to some or...? I can't understand it.

Any enlightenment would be sweet.

xBarbaro

24-07-2012

1st : Not a funny champ
2nd : if he fails his combo he get 2 shot kill from solo top or ad carry
3rd : I hate veigar.

CastroZ

Master Recruiter

24-07-2012

why are you laughing? he's evil!

MathewTuck

24-07-2012

@ xBarbaro
1st : if he is not a fun chamo for you, then you dont know how sto farm his AP
2nd : how can you fail his Q and R ? they are same range and instand kill the enemy AP or AD carry
+ he got a OP stund field that lasts 3 seconds om max level
3rd : you play him wrong.

Mugshot

24-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBarbaro View Post
1st : Not a funny champ
2nd : if he fails his combo he get 2 shot kill from solo top or ad carry
3rd : I hate veigar.
1st: He is a fun champion tbh is voicing is really cool, and makes him feel like a evil mastermind (what he is)
2nd: Smartcast is your friend in a combo machine like veigar, but the problem is you also need to time your meteor for max damage.
3rd: I dont hate veigar, I just cant play him in pvp, bots are fine but pvp he is just a walking target mark early game (this doesnt improve mid and late game though)

veigar is a fun champion, but I cant play him propperly against other players so I wont play him in pvp, I rather play viktor or cassiopeia.

FireNights

24-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewTuck View Post
@ xBarbaro
1st : if he is not a fun chamo for you, then you dont know how sto farm his AP
2nd : how can you fail his Q and R ? they are same range and instand kill the enemy AP or AD carry
+ he got a OP stund field that lasts 3 seconds om max level
3rd : you play him wrong.
The combo is not that easy to land, so basically its Stun ---> W ----> Deathfire ----> R ----> Q
+ You have to positions uself right to not get killed, its a hard champ

MathewTuck

24-07-2012

Quote:
The combo is not that easy to land, so basically its Stun ---> W ----> Deathfire ----> R ----> Q
+ You have to positions uself right to not get killed, its a hard champ
yes i know it is not that easy to get his full damage at the right time on the right place ..
But what i wanted to say was that alone this Q + R "combo" (witch you cant fail) deals big amouts of damage, and is often enough to kill a carry.

Majestic Gazelle

24-07-2012

I love Veigar tbh, crushes pretty much anyone in Mid lane except a certain few.. his ultimate is hilarious though, the better your opponent does the stronger your ultimate becomes.. slightly broken imo

Such a squishy champion though, if you're caught without your stun it's game, set and match by any good players.

Personally I tend to main Nocturne pretty often, the second his stun is on Cooldown - I Paranoia straight onto him and he literally has no way to escape other than flash presuming he has it/off cd.

All that aside, he's a good champion .

xBarbaro

24-07-2012

All of u like veigar cause u never got owned, but let me tell u that u will be 1 day

ELO BUS HD

24-07-2012

he's a boring champion (just like leblanc), that's why.
also neither difficult to play nor really hard to master imo.
and yes, I have played and rolled with him.
but after all it's once again: a matter of taste...