Counter to Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Areshkigal

21-07-2012

Well, as the title says, I'm looking for champions that do well against Swain. Some tips on how to play against him would be welcome, too.

Whenever I play against a Swain in midlane, I have a hard time to get my feet on the ground, so to say. Eventually I always end up losing in damage trades and get pushed back.

Sykoh

21-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areshkigal View Post
Well, as the title says, I'm looking for champions that do well against Swain. Some tips on how to play against him would be welcome, too.

Whenever I play against a Swain in midlane, I have a hard time to get my feet on the ground, so to say. Eventually I always end up losing in damage trades and get pushed back.
Healing reduction is the best way, katarina ans miss fortune are great for this.

Kat - Take ignite and level a couple into your w, then w>q>e>r>ignite, w>q every time he pops r on minions.

Due to her shunpo's utility you can take ignite ant exhaust and pop both with r he WILL loose the exchange.

MF - i think its her q that give the healing reduction, q>ignite>r and q every time he pops r on minions

PiMPnubz

Recruiter

21-07-2012

Galio - get 2 points early on w, free heal.

KazeWolf

21-07-2012

TIp to do well against swain is to avoid the snare on the floor especially if he gets his E on you since that amplifies damage against you. The best time to strike against him before 6 is if he wastes his snare he is pretty slow and can take advantage of this then. After 6 best time to go for him is when he has come out of his ult it has a cooldown period not very long but long enough to get damage in without take a lot in return also avoid his snare cleanse or qss works against his E and removes it I do believe which will reduce damage taken by him. Ignite will reduce his healing making him less sustainable in a fight as he usually is. If you can out range him this will also work well e.g xerath or lux. his skills are quite a short range so if you can make use of this also should be fine.

StormFox1989

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-07-2012

Morello's evil tome, Executioner's calling, ignite etc.

Try to kill him early to shut him down. He only has a delayed snare and a slow. Bait the use of them then kill him together with your jungler if needed. Care for the E's damage increase as it will increase damage from his abilities and items as well.

Yasmar888

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-07-2012

Don't pick katarina against swain, he builds RoA and is too tanky for you to 1v1 and he'll end up being able to dive you around lvl 10 or 11. I would pick kassadin with the standard flash and ignite, harass him with q early levels then kill at lvl 7 or 9.

xPrexz

22-07-2012

Easy counter with Viktor

Blade of Hacker

22-07-2012

Malza

Bossieboy

23-07-2012

Sivir, her spell shield allows you to get free mana everytime he tries to snare you, allowing you to harras him more competently than he can harras you.

MathewTuck

23-07-2012

try AP Tristana^^

i play swain often, and the only champ that realy rapes me (and also is picked as counter often) is AP Tristana. The heal reduce is extrem and has about the same damage as his E. Even if i as swain got 1-2 kills from ganks.. as soon as she gets level 6 is her burst about 800 what is 70% of his live.. with a litte poke it is easy for trist^^