Leaving ranked during placement games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir ApX

19-07-2012

Howdy, I was wondering: what happens if you "dodge queue" during one of the placement ranked games, now that ELO is no longer loss when abandoning during champion selection?

Does the game still count as one of the placement games, thus resulting in a lower starting ELO?

Sutsurafuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-07-2012

it didn't even count as a lost game before the eloloss was removed, it just lowered your elo by 10.

Sir ApX

19-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutsurafuri View Post
it didn't even count as a lost game before the eloloss was removed, it just lowered your elo by 10.
So, I assume that if, out of, say, 5 placement games, I dodge during my 3rd game, it will still count as 2 out of 5 placement games, and not 3 out of 5. Correct?

VitriolicGaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-07-2012

Try not dodging, problem solved.

LoveJessAndPoppy

19-07-2012

I've been dodging my placements too, hard to want to fight with such bad team comps.

I'm hoping it's not digging into my placement games.

Jiggle Billy

19-07-2012

What it will result in is a bunch of one role wonders at higher elos

Like me with Blitzcrank

forummetalsonic

19-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot Groper View Post
What it will result in is a bunch of one role wonders at higher elos

Like me with Blitzcrank
Yes I definitely think the dodge ELO penalty removal is pretty lame because people just play the ''I troll the game'' card whenever they don't get a role or champion they want and play well. This results sometimes in fair players needing to dodge for an otherwise lost game. That's a terrible mechanic Riot, at least give us the option to votekick those players in champion select so that they can wait an hour.

LoveJessAndPoppy

19-07-2012

I like all roles I just don't like team comps like I just had to dodge.

Ashe
Kennen
Noc
Veigar
Blitz (Me)

Vs

Alistar
Graves
Naut
Malphite
Shen

That whole tanky team and we have nothing to deal with it. Bad picking in this game is terrible, Sure we could of won, if the enemy had full on downsydrome.

Really not fun when I'm in my placement games.

porps

19-07-2012

just dodge everytime it appears that the opponents have half a chance. You might aswell since theres basically no punishment anymore and everyone else already does it. Only play games where you have a significant advantage in team composition. This is how ranked works.

LoveJessAndPoppy

19-07-2012

I don't wanna do that it feels unfair to me, but like you said it's certainly feeling that way. I don't even care I don't get my preferred role, it bugs me people ban stupid champs, and counter pick themselves. 4 squishy vs 4 tanky champs, and none of our team has armor shred or hp scaling skills. It boggles my mind.