is annie viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Kennen Eu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-07-2012

MMM
Last hit with AA, harass with Q. Ignore people who say farm with Q it doesnt waste mana and harass with AA.
AA gets aggro from minions which causes more damage than you do.
While Q isnt mana intense.

Always know your passive stacks.
Never have stun ready. Why? You can bait enemy into diving you. You just stun with e->Q(stun)->W-> ulti -> Q to burst them down! There are many things you can do with your spells. Lich bane is useful on annie. Her AA range is bigger than her spell range. You can W aa wait, E aa. Congratz, you did 1k damage without moving to cast a spell.

Annie isnt the best against long range. For that pick oriana or karthus or an assassin who can close gap fast or does much burst for carries to handle.

RunFedjaKills

18-07-2012

Flash - Ulti - Q - W - Ignite and they are dead

Juke Swagger

18-07-2012

annie op...no, tibbers op

JermoH

18-07-2012

i dont understand why she is so underplayed, she is 1 of the best ap carry in teamfights imo.
if you manage to get tibbers on 4/5 people + stun you basicly won the fight already unless you are far behind.

if they start focussing you you just run away and let tibbers do the rest

Best Kennen Eu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermoH View Post
i dont understand why she is so underplayed, she is 1 of the best ap carry in teamfights imo.
if you manage to get tibbers on 4/5 people + stun you basicly won the fight already unless you are far behind.

if they start focussing you you just run away and let tibbers do the rest
You want to stun with W which has more range than tibbers and cast tibbers at the ad carry.

Veno

18-07-2012

the reason why she is so underplayed is because she is so predictable, if you see a annie comming you can already guess what is going to happen.

She is a very strong ap carry, but you rely on a god tibbers stun: always/mostly engaged with flash. I feel she can bring a lot of cc to a team (dan dinh! )

Best Kennen Eu

18-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoMous119 View Post
the reason why she is so underplayed is because she is so predictable, if you see a annie comming you can already guess what is going to happen.

She is a very strong ap carry, but you rely on a god tibbers stun: always/mostly engaged with flash. I feel she can bring a lot of cc to a team (dan dinh! )
its a way to bait spells/ summoners :P

Annie is easy champion, but hard to master on her full.

Touch My

18-07-2012

I don't get why people ask if annie is viable?, 1 of the most devastating AP carrys in game if played right.

Juke Swagger

18-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoMous119 View Post

actually, no, not that predictable.
you could easily stay at 3 stacks pyromania, cast shield, flash in, rqw faceroll, for a surprise kill.

one more tip for annie players, dont store up stun too long in lane, as you will lose some cs. Better to wait a bit see if you can get some free harass, if not, keep on farming with Q and cast E once in a while to get stacks. (as an added bonus, one of these last patches made duration of molten shield less, but also cooldown less, so your stun is faster ready)

and last tip, tibbers stun range is actually bigger than the cast range of the ult. If you cast your ult at max range a small part outside the range will also be stunned (also great if enemies think they know annie's range.

edit: one last tip.
your auto attack range is great for early harass (only cait outranges annie)

Hazzerone

18-07-2012

She is extremely squishy for a start.

Her only escapes are the stun from her passive and her flash, meaning if she doesn't have her stun up you are likely dead if caught by a strong ganking jungler (this is why I would recommend to always have the stun up in lane - harrass with it when opportune, then farm it back up. If the enemy jungler camps you hard enough though they could have the mid bait you into using your combo, including stun, then you are toast once the jungler steps in).

Besides that, the current meta favours mid champs who can push the lane fast and then roam. Annie is not known for her pushing power (her W requires quite a bit of AP before it can kill even the caster minions) meaning it may actually be Annie who ends up pushed to her turret, whilst the other mid roams around.

Also, Annie's range is not the greatest and this combined with her lack of a blink type ability and inherent squishiness makes her a pretty easy pick in a team fight. Of course there are ways of getting around this - such as coming into a teamfight a bit later so you can sneak in your burst (R, then W and Q) and then leave. But then that brings up the question; why use Annie in the first place? If you are forced to play in this manner in a team fight it means you are greatly losing out on DPS.

For example, Cassiopeia is a champ who also has an AoE stun (in the form of her ultimate) much like Annie's Tibbers or W once the passive is up. She also clears a minion wave extremely easily and can even take out caster minions with just a Q and W at level 3/4 (depending how you level her skills). This means that she has a free hand to push champs such as Annie then take their wraiths or her own wraiths or wolves, or even push hard enough so she can roam top or bot for a gank.

Cassiopeia is a different type of mage though, more of a constant DPS type mage whereas Annie is a squishy burster. Because of this it means Annie can pretty much only build as a glass cannon (ie. rush deathcap) to satisfy her role as a bursty champ. Cassiopeia on the other hand can build for survivability (check out SK Ocelote and his Cass build) and can survive for entire team fights whilst putting down constant DPS. Not to mention Cass has increased range, a Q which grants movement speed when it hits an enemy champ and also procs her E (for massive damage spam) and a W to check bushes and also slows and procs her E yet again (for massive damage spam) and because of this has increased kiting potential against a character such as Olaf - where if you were Annie and he was running towards you with his ult up...well...you would be pretty screwed let's say.

This wasn't meant to be a post about Cass, I just wanted to share my thoughts on Annie and how she stacks up against some of the other common mid picks.

Champs that are currently "in meta" for their pushing ability: Ahri, Anivia, Malzahar, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Sion (AP), Twisted Fate. Atleast these are the champs I can imagine giving Annie a hard time with their strong pushing potential. LeBlanc also gives Annie a hard time due to her greater burst potential and just the fact that she is incredibly difficult to get a successful gank on.

Of course, Annie would be a fine pick in our low ELO games simply because she is a snowball champ who can carry a game. A fed Annie early on WILL wreck the other lanes and put her team vastly ahead.