Why Malphite should be banned in soloq

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J4YDoG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Heyo,
I have played a lot of malphite for 1 month now and i have a 92.3% winrate (13 games) in 1600-1730 elo with him. Teams with Malphite have a 55% winrate in soloq (http://www.lolking.net/champions/malphite), which is pretty unbalanced for a teamgame. I listed some issues, why Malphite is such a strong pick right now and why people should start banning him more:

(Some of these issues might get better with players who get familiar to malphite but some issues are just gamebreaking)

- Strong laningface - sometimes a bully, but always a great farmer.
- People dont know counters (they pick Vlad or Irelia vs him lol)
- Most AD Carrys tend to get crushed by Malphite (dont buy qss and get down in 1 combo), which loses the lategame.
- Unstoppable ganking power - goes back from toplane or ganks from the jungle and kills with like 80% probability
- AWESOME initiator and works great with most AP carrys (Aoe like Morgana Kennen Galio Brand Anivia Cass Karthus Orianna Vlad Ryze)
- Firstpick can go Top and Jungle (cant counter specific like Rumble, because he can jungle aswell)
- Can build tanky (350 armor) and does awesome damage with 40%cdr
- His Q = ungankable lane like his R
- Offers a lot of utility when he's far behind (As debuff and initiate)

Riot will nerf him - for sure, just pay some attention and dont pick AS- based champions vs him. Sure u can win the lane but u will be useless endgame (0.4 AS) vs a frozen randuins ground slam Malphite. Just my two cents.

rQ lllllll

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4YDoG View Post
- People dont know counters (pick Vlad or IRELIA vs him)
irelia?? bro, malphite poops on irelia

the 2 biggest counters for him atm are vlad and mordekaiser

edit: my bad, i thought he said irelia is a malphite counter ^^

Shàx

12-07-2012

55% is not something to count as significant

Laflaga

12-07-2012

If they first pick malph run double ap?

LoveJessAndPoppy

12-07-2012

I laugh at Malphites top, I wreck him with Teemo or Morde

J4YDoG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

vlad and irelia arent counters :P malphite poops on Vlad Just people pick Irelia or Vlad vs him... I owned like 4 vlad players they had no chance...

Flaming Omega

12-07-2012

Winrates are a pretty bad way to judge a character's power... Amumu and Rumble have even higher win rates, should we ban them too?

J4YDoG

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laflaga View Post
If they first pick malph run double ap?
still, the AD carry and AD jungler get wrecked... Ad carry = lategame ... u cant win without ur ad carry vs an ad carry...

forummetalsonic

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shx View Post
55% is not something to count as significant
It is... you got to take into account that the player got teammates in solo queue who can be responsible for the loses due to being uncarryable. A 55% winrate across every ELO for one champion is really to high. Even Blizzard for SC 2 said that there are problems with a race if in one match up there happens to be a race having a higher then 55% winrate, of course Blizz uses a different matchmaking system and a different game but it's obvious that something is wrong with Malphite.

rQ lllllll

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4YDoG View Post
vlad and irelia arent counters :P malphite poops on Vlad Just people pick Irelia or Vlad vs him... I owned like 4 vlad players they had no chance...

ahhh i see, my bad bro ^^ i thought you said that irelia counters malphite lmao