A need for a 3v3 Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WookieeMario

11-07-2012

Hello fellow players

My name is WookieeMario.

And as of late I have been more and more intrested in playing 3v3 in LoL. Since 5v5 is to my opinon a bit stale for my taste.

But I still feel like a bit of a beginner when it comes to 3v3. So I request advice on how to play a 3v3 match. What to think about and what might be good places to ward

Thank you for your time

Edit:

Just saw I misspelt I with A. I mean of course I need a 3v3 Guide. Sorry about that

owner of lol

11-07-2012

Most 3v3 matches start with a first blood (FB). this means that you'll have to go bot with all 3 the players. Than after FB or when the minions spawn, 1 of you goes top. So it's 2v2 at the bot lane and 1v1 top. This in the laning phase of course. The top laner can take the green and white buff if he wants. The best ad guy need the red one. Drake is mostly done with whole team at level 7-8, when you reach level 14+ or lower when you are experienced or fed you can try it yourself or with 2 people.

A few spells that are useless in 3v3 are:
Smite
Teleport
Promote

Few useless champions:
Karthus
Any support champion (roles are : ad, ap and tanky)

Some good champs:
Master Yi
Teemo
High bust damage or fast champions

few differences:
Speed, in 3v3 everything goes lil faster than 5v5
Tactics, you have no jungler for ganks, if you want 1 someone has to leave the lane

Tip:
Watch some 3v3 matches of friends or youtube and just practice with your best champion.

These things i used to lear 3v3. Other people may like other ways.

Good Luck

Owner of lol

WookieeMario

11-07-2012

Thank you mate!

Geeksatis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-07-2012

I don't reccomend squishie champions, unless they have good escape tools (shaco). Try to play more tanky champs like Darius, Irelia, Amumu, Gp, Pantheon, Kennen (ult + zhyonyas), Trynda (ult).

Gerael

14-07-2012

so first of all smite isnt useless at 3v3 (u can have a jungler for 3v3 but u need a person that can hold 1v2 lane) having smite gives u a large advantage in terms of controlling jungle...

"Most 3v3 matches start with a first blood (FB). this means that you'll have to go bot with all 3 the players." That's actually pretty outdated... what people do now is that they go to the place between top and bot in the jungle where creeps spawn at 1:40 (creeps should be pulled by someone(for example if ahri)) and thats what enemy team will usually do aswell OR they might gank you (usually when they have a champion with hard CC like morgana or blitzcrank with his grab) and that means that the best thing you can do is start killing creeps at 1:42. If they come into the bushes then you can surprise them.

"Some good champs: Master Yi" thats not true aswell because master yi is really squishy and if he gets ccd then hes pretty much dead, (Most of the time)

A good champion for twisted treeline should have cc, high burst damage, high sustain, mobility and atleast one of your teammates should be able to jungle (its mostly the champion who goes top).

My favorite champion for Twisted Treeline is Swain. has cc, has high burst damage, has high sustain and can clear out jungle buffs. (just my personal preference)

Hopefully this helped you somehow :-P I play blind pick tt a lot

EDIT: you can play with me if you want
EDIT: good places for wards: dragon, red buff (can be countered by pink wards)
situational wards: the bush for white/green buff, inside dragon pit (when enemy team has pink ward at the dragon), the tribush at "south" near enemy/your base (when you / they are pushing or need to farm safe) and more situational spots :P

Acair

14-07-2012

about champion picks:
i've played some 3v3s today and as a result of the day, i have to say, that there are 2 options:
you can choose champions with an extreme burst (like kennen, brand, annie...) and try to win the game fast or you can pick tanky champions with a lot cc.
at the end, the (off)tanks will win. we played against hecarim, alistar and jarvan today and they just outfarmed us due to their better sustain. the top laner also farmed in the jungle, so in the teamfight the enemy team had a big leveladvantage.

hope i could help a little bit, sorry for my bad english