How much $ do streamers make?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dathran Eranor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Well, it's quite a lot of money. But seeing as I'll be a doctor i don't think I can complaint

IS1ba75aa598d3eb

11-07-2012

Well there are like 10 or 20 ppls who can earn this much money, in any job you have a top 0.01% who get overpaid. Also they dont know what to do when LoL isnt famous anymore and none watches their streams.
Most streamers also do something else, like gman bob earns money from online Poker, other streamers study and only stream to have some money...

nbx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidikar View Post
Well there are like 10 or 20 ppls who can earn this much money, in any job you have a top 0.01% who get overpaid. Also they dont know what to do when LoL isnt famous anymore and none watches their streams.
Most streamers also do something else, like gman bob earns money from online Poker, other streamers study and only stream to have some money...
Read the posts lol... Yes, Gman must do something else, since he is just a streamer, but the bigger part of the others are actually pros(not pro as very good, but pro as professional), who get actual salary for playing from their organization, such as Curse, CLG, TSM, Dignitas, M5, fNatic etc... The streaming is just a bonus and marketing oportunity for them. And no, most(so not all, but the bigger part of the pros) of them do not study, because esport is getting bigger, there is an actual carrier opportunity in that, and they are moving in gaming houses, and play as their actual profession. Just 2 example from CLG(since i know more about them than others, but im sure there are other players like that). Doublelift even got kicked from home when he turned 18 because he wanted to be a professional gamer. Hotshot left university after 1 year, because he didnt had time to study and formed CLG.

Dont get me wrong, it's not easy to get there, but those things like they cant make enough money by being a professional gamer only, are just not true.

Worst Player EUW

11-07-2012

They make alot of money... ALOT.

They get the money from advertising to their viewers.
But only a small proportion of players can get 10k+ viewers each time.
Most famous streamers are:
TheOddOne, Dyrus, Reginald, Godjj, Salce, Nyjacky, saintv, ocelote, therainman, Guardsman B
^ These are from the top of my head, but i usually see them with 10k-20k viewers, the rare 30k-50k.

Usually, most streamers put up 1/2/3 advertisement after a game.
TheOddOne gets around 15k-20k viewers. He plays 3 advertisements, he doesnt like abusing the advertisement button, but usually the viewers tell him to play more advertisements to support him.

No one has actually said or showed how much they earn by streaming but TheOddOne has mentioned that he gets alot

PapaJebie

11-07-2012

oce some time ago

http://i.imgur.com/YHROX.jpg