Wierd video problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phi 42

08-07-2012

Hi Community and Developers,

i have a problem with the Videos in the Client (the youtubevideos after logging in on the "home" window and the videos showing the skills) the problem is, that when i start a video the videoscreen goes all pixel with a majority of white/blue/green pixels. they just flutter somehow and are not even in the slightest near the known videocontent. If someone has advice how i can watch the Summoner showcase on the client i would be very happy and grateful

thanks in advance, Realsang.

p.S: i'm sorry if my grammar sucks, but i believe in the readers imaginative skill to guess the meaning of the words above

DireWolf Lord

24-07-2012

I'm having the exact same problem here, videos are just a scrambled colourfull blur. Also just bought a new laptop (MSI GE70). Installed flash newest version. Youtube movies seem to work fine, but movies in Lol client don't. (videos in client are hosted/embedded by youtube, for some reason they don't work properly, only the sound is good.) Still haven't found a solution, changed browser and tried to reinstall flash player, but no luck so far. Please let me now if you find a solution, i'll do the same.

Hekatme

24-07-2012

i have the exact same problem the ability videos don't work and i also bought a new computer. Can someone help us with this problem?

DireWolf Lord

08-08-2012

To all others others facing this problem, i found a solution.
1. Right click on your play league of legends icon.
2. Select execute with graphic processor (or something like that, translating my native language to english, keep this in mind.)
3. You'll see a few options to select, like integregated graphics, powerfull NVIDEA processor and adjust standard graphic processor. Click powerfull NVIDEA processor.
4. The game will start
5. Try Client videos and ability movies, they should work.
NOTE : Remember to always start LOL this way, if you just dubbelclick Play league of legends the problem will still occur.

I hope this resolves the problem for you, it did for me, and since we were all having the same problem I have good hopes, let me know.

Luneclipse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-08-2012

same problem here
also on a new laptop > msi ge60

what trejenlord said works, but its still annoying to start LoL everytime like that.

DireWolf Lord

20-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luneclipse View Post
same problem here

what trejenlord said works, but its still annoying to start LoL everytime like that.
I resolved the issue of always right clicking too. I will post it shortly, as I am currently not on my laptop and I need to be to explain it.

DireWolf Lord

22-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luneclipse View Post
same problem here

1. Right click. Not on LOL. icon but somewhere random.
2. Select NVIDEA configurationscreen
3. Make sure you are on the map General settings
4. You should see Graphic processor
5.Click and select powerfull NVIDEA-processor in stead of automatic selection
6. Click on execute below
7. Close NVidea config. screen

The problem should be resolved, You can start Lol in a normal way and still see the movies in client. Bear in mind that constantly using powerfull NVIDEA processor will probably drain your battery faster, If it's not on charge. (Laptop users only).

Luneclipse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejenlord View Post
1. Right click. Not on LOL. icon but somewhere random.
2. Select NVIDEA configurationscreen
3. Make sure you are on the map General settings
4. You should see Graphic processor
5.Click and select powerfull NVIDEA-processor in stead of automatic selection
6. Click on execute below
7. Close NVidea config. screen

The problem should be resolved, You can start Lol in a normal way and still see the movies in client. Bear in mind that constantly using powerfull NVIDEA processor will probably drain your battery faster, If it's not on charge. (Laptop users only).
yea i'd figured this out myself already haha
just couldnt find this thread anymore D: lol

anyway, thank you for your help, at least we can normally start LoL now xD