How to play against Ahri in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nfac Rakuro

08-07-2012

Hi guys,

I got a huge problem with Ahri in mid, I can do what I want but I cant handle her.

Mainly I play Kat/Ryze/Ziggs/Ori against her. (Kat only if enemy team low on cc)
In farming it runs smooth, but if she starts with her ult + charm combo my healthbar ist just like "**** dis **** I'm outta here".

I tried her on myself and still don't know any weakness... (well stuns ok but its bugged also you even can ult out of amumu ult/tibbers).

Someone got hints for me because everytime I see Ahri I could smash my **** screen.

greets

Vort3x1337
(sorry for bad english I'm bavarian)

ZeroKensai

08-07-2012

Quote:
my healthbar ist just like "**** dis **** I'm outta here".
lol at above quote.

But seriously, I had the same problem as you, but I just started modifying my build to include Quicksilver Sash, and, in extreme cases, a second QSS. Ahri's abilities greatly depend on mana, so if you can resist her until she becomes mana hungry then just use some kind of stun or paralysing skill, and smash her with everything you've got.

Please note, I'm not a professional or anything, but this is what I did the last two times I went up against Ahri, and it worked fine. (I was playing a Fiddlesticks though, so it might be different fo your champs)

adminpwnsu

08-07-2012

Play Swain, Ryze or Annie and you have the best chances. You either need something with a really good escape spell to get away from her ultimate, or something that can burst her down before she can kill you - like annie.
Vlad is also ok, but if you are playing against a really good ahri (let's say like 2k elo), she will know that she can use her range to pressure you a lot and outplay you.
Never play champs like Kat or TF against her, you will just get fckd.

Majestic Gazelle

08-07-2012

Just dodge dodge dodge, her damage is greatly reduced if you can avoid Charm spell ^^

Qiuli1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Play Talon

Overrun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

why you no play fizz

TheResoluty

09-07-2012

Gragas counters ahri becose of his ``tanky´´ aspect in mid lane. Kata is kinda easy for ahri. Same with ryze. Recomending going for Oriana (becose E and Spam) or some tanky (like: gragas)

I find these champions Usefull against ahri.
Tristana (ap) Gragas (tanky ap) Morg (ap)
Ezreal (ap) LB (ap) & Lux (ap)

Then again its just my own oppinion. Sry for bad typing.

Kushakal

09-07-2012

Ahri as a mage is very mana dependant, so if you can force her in any way to cast extra spells( without hitting you) is a good thing and makes her less of a threat. Also, work with your team mates and try to deny her the blue buff. That can make her go back to base more, which only goes to your advantage.
She is a slow mage in general( looking at starting values), so having run speed runes or starting with boots of speed can help you avoid her spells more easily, and also gives you an edge when you want to chase her.
While her main spell, the ball, can go through minions and is an excellent harasser, she greatly depends on landing her charm spell, which doesn't ignore obstacles. So, in order to avoid her combo in most cases, you only need to keep your distance and also always stand behind minions. Of course, this strategy works perfectly before level 6. After that, things tend to be more complicated, as she can close the gap, or dash through obstacles in order to get a clear shot. When her ulti is on CD, she is most vulnerable, as she doesn't have that much mobility. That makes her an easy target, which you should exploit.
Every champion has a certain way how he works, and Ahri relies on quick burst and mobility. If you can counter that, she is much less effective. So look for champions/items that can negate her in that manner. As I said before, her main abilities are skill shots, which can either miss or be useless if she has an obstacle in front of her. Hide behind minions or crowds in team fights, so she can't target you easily.
Also opt for items like Quicksilver sash or Banshee's veil which can disrupt her combo, or force her to cast extra spell, which can be very helpfull.
And, finally, some champions are simply better then others when you fight a certain nemesis of yours. In case of Ahri, at least in my experience, I had most difficult times fighting against Kassadin, Lux, Fiddlesticks and in some degree Fizz. In fact, any champ that has good damaging abilities which can pass through obstacles and directly hit her, can do the job.
Personally, Fiddlesticks was maybe the worst enemy I had to play against( as Ahri). Because of his "Dark wind"(if the name is right) ability, which hops between enemies + silence effect, and also has ridiculuos range and can almost always reach her even if she stands a bit away from her minions. It is a perfect harasser against Ahri, because it forces her away from battle, disrupts the farm and in general is really really annoying
Of course, in time, you learn how champions that you often fight against work( in case you play only mid), and it gets easier to counter them, or at least you don't feed them anymore
Even tho I am glad if any of my suggestions could be of help to you, and I wish you luck in the future....a part of me hopes for your fail, as Ahri is my favorite champ :P

Mresen

09-07-2012

How to handle Ahri:

in my eyes theres are few options, either your pick a assasin that can poke her harder then she can poke u.

Fizz/Annie/Talon a all 3 excellent choices but take care they are sadly also champs that needs to snowball to be any good.

Or you can pick a champ that can outlane her like Galio.

no matter what u pick at lvl 6 you gotta be aware if she leaves the lane her ganks are insane.

M1D GOD

11-07-2012

I always pick kennen and rape ahri quite easy since i know both champs in and out.