Akali vs. Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awilen

03-07-2012

NERF GANGPLANK !!!!!1!1... Just joking .

Today I played a game against a GP at top lane, and miserably lost my lane, hence miserably fed. I guess I first need to skill up myself, but that's not the point. I tried to find a way to counter / trade damages with him.

Countering him would not be difficult : moar armor, enough said. BUT as Akali, that would mean I'm delaying my core build far too much, and would not be able to roam thereafter and kill efficiently. No kill, no snowball, no "OP/FED AKALI !" in chat (if possible). So no direct counter.

Trading damages is fairly hard before level 6 : his Parrrley is superior in range and damages, due to the "trigger" part of the Mark. Add crits, GP's mana pool sufficient to make him last enough in lane to harrass...

Zoning him is not feasable too. Knowing you deal poor damages to him, he won't back out even if the fog AoE is out. Doing brush hiding is worthless too, he just has to come to zone you. Even if you wait for him, hit with a mark when he comes in brush, activate the mark, and hide, he will have the time to Parrrley-crit you. Zoning/Trading fail.

What are then my options to beat him, if not "play safely and last-hit as much as possible" (which I've done the most)?

And on a side note, I'd like a kind of list of Akali's counter and who Akali counters in top lane, with the reasons why. That would be most pleasurable. Thank you all

Blokje5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

http://www.lolcounter.com/ is a good site to find who counters who, and besides that, akali should be able to win from gp, if you just play save before lvl 6. after lvl 6 you should outdamage him. Otherwise ask your jungler for some early pressure top, so you snowball easier

Awilen

03-07-2012

Wow thank you for your link ! This will save me the trouble big time !

Also, thank you for your feedback. However again, Parrrley has a lot of range, so him standing in the minions means I can't approach him and farm without risking a crit... Maybe shroud, approach, mark, hit, shroud. Risking that by the time I approach, he walks back and waits for me to get out of the shroud. Or shroud (he falls back), last-hit, shroud. The drawbacks being that he will be ready to parrrley nonetheless, and the shroud's CD is 20s. I'll try this next time nonetheless, if I find myself against him. As for the jungler I was premade with, he was a beginner at this role, and he went Alistar. I'll ask him to come top more next time.

I just checked Akali's stats (weak/strong against) and found out she is stronger against a lot of AP Carry (usually mid), and weak against most bruisers (usually solo top). I'll try out playing her mid next time.

Thank you !!!

ziggefashion

03-07-2012

www.championselect.net is also a viable site for you to find counters. I find that one more helpful so you should try it on!

Awilen

04-07-2012

Thank you too ziggefashion. This one even gives some infos like synergies. Really helpful !

And now, waiting for stealth rework.