nunu "jungle" buff next patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

foinhas

03-07-2012

Let's face it: this is NOT a jungle buff, it's a uber solo top buff

Riot, you do not buff sustained junglers by increasing their survivability, you do it by giving/enhancing AoE's.

I suggest giving "E" a small aoe (200-250) radius with reduced damage (like tiamat or Kayle's "E"). A slow debuff would still be aplied in the aoe, but a very minor one, like 5/7,5/10/12.5/15%

this would increase his jungle speed while Not buffing his solo top abilities (if you use E next to minons you push the lane)

And yes, i'm aware "the patch isn't out so we don't know the number yet", but this is Riot we're talking about, i'm sure they will find a way to screw things up

Sanguifer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Nunu solotop. Teh new OP.

Srsly, though, no matter how good his laning phase is or will be, it's still just nunu.

Out Of N00bs

03-07-2012

every solo top nunu i've seen failed horribly I even beat one with hecarim on my first game with him

Klötenhack

03-07-2012

GO CRIT NUNU!

(He actually kicks instead of punches when he crits DDDDD)

Aptest

03-07-2012

I kind of agree with you on the buff being over the top. I hope they will reset some of the buff when they realize it instead of taking out nunu's other aspects (they are hammering at all the supports it seems)

Awilen

03-07-2012

Supports are a difficult matter to balance, as they bring A LOT of utility (knock-back, knock-up, shields, heals, various AD/AP/MS buffs, and others CC like polymorph, silences etc...) They are indeed being hammered. Lulu having her Q going from 0.7 ratio to 0.5 was hard. I sure can't zone out and harrass against Doran's blade wielders with her now, and going oom even though I did not waiste a single Q shot. And that's only when looking at Lulu.

Clebardman

03-07-2012

actually, after the heal nerf, all traditionnal support took an incredible damage nerf. Look at soraka, she was the best support, how did riot nerfed her ? they nerfed her starcall a few times. Same goes for janna (cc diminished on instant tornadoes) and sona. That's why you see so many killers lane now. Because traditionnal supports won't do much with a 100hp heal and a weak offensive spell if Leona/Ali jumps on the carry.
I'd like the support tohave decent damage output themselves, even at the cost of supportive skills. Like lux or orianna.

Aptest

03-07-2012

What annoys me mostly with respect to how RIOT is currently doing buffs and nerfs is that they seem to be working with a hammer when they should be working with a tooth-pick.

A lot of the buffs and the nerfs recently are systemic buffs or systemic nerfs - a champion is simply targeted and everything on it's kit either gets nuked or inflated out of proportion.

I, for one, would not mind having to download a couple of quick patches that don't have any champions in them and just have small buffs and nerfs that don't completely overpower or kill a champion, but rather give him a small changes in one of his abilities.

I think the Shen buff is the most obvious example. His energy costs went down, his energy reclamation ability went up, his passive damage output AND proc frequency went up, his ability base values went up, and his base stats went up. It's so easy to miss the target when you work with such big moves. Shen went in one fell swoop from being a forgotten champion to being first pick / ban.

What they are doing to Janna right now is the same thing. They are nerfing her across multiple fronts, making the entire champion less capable, rather than just managing a single aspect of her that is "problematic" or "overpowerful". If you work in such a way, it's not just saying that a champion has too much on her kit, it's saying that you don't want to see this champion in her role anymore and everybody who plays her can pretty please pick someone else.

Honestly, since they are nerfing the utility values and base damage on all the supports, I in the very least expect them to increase their AP scaling (idk if lulu was too powerful there, btw). This would give people who like the champion an alternative in the form of the ability to play her in a different role.

Quote:
I'd like the support tohave decent damage output themselves, even at the cost of supportive skills. Like lux or orianna.
I've already got my new support champion purchased. If it's damage you want, it's damage you'll get.

P.S. they seemed to have buffed leblanc a couple of times. How do you guys feel about a "support leblanc kill lane" ?

Aptest

03-07-2012

Addendum:

this still doesn't change my mind that RIOT should do some big changes to kill the entire support role. However specific champion nerfs will not do this - only the champions who actually are used to support will change, not the role itself.

Blokje5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

You people do remember that nunu isnt considered a real true support, but he is supposed to be a jungler? People only started supporting him because he got nerfed in the jungle (used to be picked alot, because before the jungle change/ nunu nerfs he was an insane counter - jungler/ duelist/ ganker)