Explanation as to why LoL is a bad game [From an ex-lol player]

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biertschusch

30-06-2012

Before you ask, I was at 1.6k at my best time, I stopped playing this game the day Diablo 3 came out. I've been talking to a friend and he mentioned that Riot brought out a new skin, that basically costs more than several GAMES on Steam. Way to go RIOT, you definitely aren't going insane.

Anyways, I've been playing this game for almost 2 years, back when Jax was literally a ****ing beast and Yi owned every pub game. Why'd I quit?

Games are supposed to be fun, relaxing your mind, giving you a little time off and making you not think about work, school or whatever.
Now think to yourself how many games you played so far, 1000, 2000, 5000?
How many were joyous and made you a happier person? How many made you angry and lose faith in humanity? That's pretty much the answer as to why League of Legends is a bad game. Even if you win, you rarely get the satisfaction of having had a competetive game with skillful players who value you you for your skill and not luck, op champs or lags.

Personally I like playing games that are fun, rather than nerve-wracking.

Cheers

Sandcoat

30-06-2012

90% of the time you play with people who don't even want to play their role so they troll and Riot balances the game according to how well the champion facerolls on free week. If you criticize them for playing like **** you get reported and banned. They should punish people for lack of effort instead they reward them

Switching to DOTA 2 as soon as it comes out, hopefully people at least want to win in there

Kalarath

30-06-2012

title should be 'why i personaly believe LoL is a bad game',

opinions are like a***eholes, everyones got one and most of them stink.

Torqedo

30-06-2012

Go play hello kitty world online. You can't loose so you will become a happy person. The end, right?

GUARDIAN92

30-06-2012

the guy is 100% right I might go back to cs or main diablo3 why? Just because lol is not fun

Drares II

30-06-2012

I personally like to play LoL with friends or even agains friends and also challanges like 1 v 3 (which may seem easier than it is) against bots if no one else is there. Like that the game continues to be fun. If you get really frustrated try not to focuse on elo or that stuff, but have fun with some game modes in custom,
just play with friends or play something completly different (like diablo 3) and let us enjoi the game.

DonduTer

30-06-2012

Your opinion bro, just mute every dumbass the first bad word he says, and you'll see it can be really fun. There's never 4 trolls in your team, just talk to the other guy, you might even have a laugh or two.

Admiral Ackbar

30-06-2012

Gaming isn't about winning, a really gamer would know that, it's about the journey of trying to win. Sadly in LoL the journey seems like you are walking up an escalator going in the other direction hoping to get to the top. It is a bit of an illusion, who says you can't just play LoL and other games? LoL is free, it is your choice to spend money on skins, you don't have to, but it helps Riot. Hating on Riot isn't very strong of an argument. Riot gives you "free" entertainment and even help the community in issues with their "free" entertainment, including taking advice (rarely) on some matters. Riot, I agree, should be less money grubbing when it comes to their transactions. Indie games on steam are normally so cheap because no one will buy them is they cost more, it's the whole "it's only worth what someone is willing to pay" idea.

Biertschusch

30-06-2012

Didn't expect a single upvote, I'm fairly surprised tbh.

I never said gaming is about winning, did I? I'm not sure how Diablo 3 is based on winning. A game with a good concept never gets old or boring, think Starcraft or Counter-Strike 1.6. LoL has an amazing concept, unfortunately it is realised with such an abhorrent and disgusting way of dealing with negative aspects of the game. The tribunal was a good idea, until I learned that tribunal cases are reviewed by RIOT staff at random. Honestly? RIOT netted more than Activision Blizzard last year with their micro transaction politics. Fabulous achievement, congratulations RIOT, but don't you think it's time to step up and give the community what they paid for?
One of the main reasons, if not the single most important reason League of Legends is in fact a bad game, is the fact that RIOT truly does not care about punishing people. Imagine people trashtalking and badmouthing each other in World of Warcraft or basically any other multiplayer game. RIOT seriously needs to enforce rules and publicly announce their intention to do so. Give people 3 day bans for flaming, easy as that, no endless waiting. Why let the tribunal decide and ultimately give everyone the impression you're just there for the money.

But let's face it, you're in for the money and that's going to break your neck, Morello.

Syrox1

30-06-2012

Gz, you just found out LoL isn't really a competitive game, try starcraft or dota instead

12345 ... 6