Riot what is this sh**, why do you want to ruin Orianna

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandcoat

29-06-2012

I've found this while browsing redtracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDissonance
Even before my team here at Riot, I was always under the understanding that champions (and the game, entirely) is designed to be "low skill floor, high skill ceiling." From my perspective, and in this case, the example being Orianna, rewarding skill cannot and should not be a direct influence on the initial difficulty level of anything in this game. It creates too far a division of "those willing to learn" and "those who can learn". By no means would I ever approve of a game that made it to hard for a beginner to play, but from a competitive standpoint, I see no reason why we can't make a champion easier to pick up while leaving skill easily differentiated between specific players.

Now for the sake of keeping this on topic...

Orianna could definitely benefit from some kind of "buff" or "tweak" to make her easier to play by those who aren't necessarily familiar with her game play. A huge thing like making her passive as suggested (not necessarily true damage) could definitely help, but I'll leave these kinds of things to our Live Design team. They've made huge leaps of improvements since I've started playing this game (~Sona release date), and I'm confident they'll do the same for Orianna (if deemed necessary) and address many of the issues brought up. I must now bow out! It was fun talking to you all Feel free to add me in game, though it may take awhile for me to respond.. my buddy list filled up rather quickly :'(
I think this is the last bit of money you'll see from me so enjoy it. I'm playing DOTA 2.

It's always nice to see a company make everything that's possible to please the dumb ****s who whine on the forums instead of those who put some effort on Orianna, especially when half the champions in this game are already dull as **** and boring to the point of unplayability.

What can I say thanks for ruining the only reason why I played this game, she was perfectly balanced. You shouldn't even look at her, she's in a perfect spot.

Omgizer

29-06-2012

Oriana can still drop her balls, nothing to worry about.

cabecadeporco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-06-2012

In this game, nothing's certain, you have "your" hero, next thing you know, it get ridicously nerfed/buffed because, you know what, people just complain/whine in these forums, and guess what, Riot listens to them since they are the majority most of the times, which gives them more money.

Also, this topic shouldn't take long enough before it's locked: it's their policy to lock every forum topic with the keyword "Dota" in it.

Apocalypse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-06-2012

Well, it's really sad that they adapt the game for retards and kids, not for pro players.
But the other side of the coin is that if they will do this too much, they will lose their place at WCG, lose their beloved pro teams and bankrupt in peace

Sandcoat

29-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecadeporco View Post
In this game, nothing's certain, you have "your" hero, next thing you know, it get ridicously nerfed/buffed because, you know what, people just complain/whine in these forums, and guess what, Riot listens to them since they are the majority most of the times, which gives them more money.

Also, this topic shouldn't take long enough before it's locked: it's their policy to lock every forum topic with the keyword "Dota" in it.
Imagine what would happen if Valve went like

"Oh we feel like Invoker is a little too hard to pick up for a newcomer so we decided to dumb him down and make him more welcoming!"

Fatestayjedi

29-06-2012

She doesn't need a ****ing rework or a tweak,I enjoy her as she is.Only thing she needs is a buff.Whether it be give her some of her range back or increase the AP raito's

Suna Ye Sunnabe

29-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Orianna View Post
Imagine what would happen if Valve went like

"Oh we feel like Invoker is a little too hard to pick up for a newcomer so we decided to dumb him down and make his easier!"

Features Valve implemented to dumb down the game going from Dota1 to Dota2:

- Segmented health bars for super easy Axe ults.
- Phantom Assassin dumbed down because being hard to see goes against some clarity rule or other so now her fadeout skill makes her shine like a neon light.
- You can no longer trap people outside the map.
- Simplified orb stacking rules because people had to read and we can't have that.
- Big ward icons on the ground in good ward places.
- Range circles on spells.
- Indicators to inform you whether or not you can pull off a combo with your current mana.
- Various spell effects are a lot more obvious.
- Hero icons on the minimap.
- Double press a movement spell hotkey to automatically go towards your base.
- Blinking too far no longer punishes you with reduced blink distance.
- Macro feature dumbs down invoker and makes him easier.

Yeah. Every company is doing it.

Sandcoat

29-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
Yeah. Every company is doing it.
That's quality of life stuff. Range indicators. Who cares. I didn't care about the range indicators they added on Orianna a while ago.
That's like saying that Starcraft 2 was dumbed down because you don't have to micro every single unit at 350 APM to get your army up a freakin' RAMP. Making stuff more visible isn't dumbing the game down, it's giving it readability which is good. It's one of the things I really like about League, that everything's so readable.

But in Orianna's case we're talking about the champion and her gameplay. If they change her gameplay or abilities when she's perfectly balanced as she is just for the sake of rewarding the dumbasses who whine on the forums about champions they can't and WON'T play, then it's really ****ed up.

Now that I'm reading the thread, some of the people discussing on that thread said that Orianna's E is Dissonance ... they didn't play the champion once and Riot is giving in to 'em just like that... selling out to the worst

I'm planning on leaving. I'll stop playing Draven too, he seems pretty hard to play and maybe Riot will decide to dumb him down as well so why bother wasting time on him. Maybe they're going to make Ezreal target his Mystic Shot in the future. ****'s hard to land after all.

hhaavviikk

29-06-2012

ah dota 2 the game that is balanced because everything is ****ing OP

Luupillu

29-06-2012

wtf.. homing balls inc

12345 ... 10